Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Nice to know that! Woot woot can't wait for this sets. Sanctum here I come! 

No worries! I'm glad to help; those prices come from the systems of a major US retailer, so I'm completely certain of their accuracy.

I think that the Sanctum is 1004 pieces, but I would need to check back to be totally certain.

By the way guys, for all of those who pmed me (IT'S ALOT) let me know if you are able to receive the HD set images. 

1 minute ago, FortNerd said:

Do we know how much the Sanctum is gonna cost?

He just literally posted it, go back to page 61 last post. :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, Azani said:

No worries! I'm glad to help; those prices come from the systems of a major US retailer, so I'm completely certain of their accuracy.

I think that the Sanctum is 1004 pieces, but I would need to check back to be totally certain.

Great job detective Azani! 

Iron Man "without bust" is not the only mystery. Remember the head of the Hulkbuster published by Afro Man at the beginning of December? It is different from the one used in the set. Maybe they're both fake. It's strange though, because the minifigure looks original ...

Btw, RIP to all of those who kept saying that the figure in the bright orange torso wasn't Shuri and was a fig from the Han Solo set... man, I've known this since last month but people just refused to believe because some random Star Wars blogger said it was...

As a long-time comic fan I've been wanting to get into the superhero themes for a while, and after seeing these sets (and everyone's reaction) I can see I'm also in the minority when it comes to my opinion of them. 

Don't get me wrong; the Hulkbuster, (Doc Strange's half of) the Sanctum and the Last Battle sets look cool, but overall, I feel like LEGO don't mine the superhero genre as much as they could. 

With 70+ years of comics at their disposal, why not go a little bit more crazy with it?

Also, with regards to these sets, where's the best jumping on point if the best ones (The Milano ships) get re-made every couple'a years? 

Sorry for being a downer, guys, just seeing these photos encouraged me to voice my thoughts. 

(Also, I don't think I've posted in the superhero section before, so Hi everyone!) 

These new sets are a mixed bag, the sanctum might be an instant classic worthy of addition to a modular line up and the hulk buster looks fun...

...the rest...dear me! Lego dropped the ball there.

With the exception of Spider-Man, the figures are all rather bland.

13 minutes ago, SEmrys said:

As a long-time comic fan I've been wanting to get into the superhero themes for a while, and after seeing these sets (and everyone's reaction) I can see I'm also in the minority when it comes to my opinion of them. 

Don't get me wrong; the Hulkbuster, (Doc Strange's half of) the Sanctum and the Last Battle sets look cool, but overall, I feel like LEGO don't mine the superhero genre as much as they could. 

With 70+ years of comics at their disposal, why not go a little bit more crazy with it?

Also, with regards to these sets, where's the best jumping on point if the best ones (The Milano ships) get re-made every couple'a years? 

Sorry for being a downer, guys, just seeing these photos encouraged me to voice my thoughts. 

(Also, I don't think I've posted in the superhero section before, so Hi everyone!) 

How is that different than, say, Star Wars? How many versions of the Falcon or the X-Wing have we had? Some ships are iconic to their lines (Quinjet and Milano being the obvious ones for the MCU). I love the fact that we get variant versions, but to each their own I suppose.

Actually with Disney purchasing Fox, I hope we get the Fantastic Four and the Fantasticar at some point.

Edited by agoodfella77

7 minutes ago, agoodfella77 said:

How is that different than, say, Star Wars? How many versions of the Falcon or the X-Wing have we had? Some ships are iconic to their lines (Quinjet and Milano being the obvious ones for the MCU). I love the fact that we get variant versions, but to each their own I suppose.

Actually with Disney purchasing Fox, I hope we get the Fantastic Four and the Fantasticar at some point.

Oh, don't get me wrong, Star Wars does the same, but Star Wars also has a decade or so headstart, so you have all the other ships as well. 

That part was more a 'how do I know which Milano/Quinjet/etc to go for?', I'm fine with variants of a product, as long as that's not the only product that ever grabs my attention.

But outside of the Milano/Quinjet etc., I feel like the theme is lacking all the (to use your example) Fantasticars or Avenger's Mansions or Asgardian realms, if you know what I mean? I would, personally, get more enjoyment out of them than say, a third of an arena from Ragnarok or a random escape pod from Infinity War.

1 hour ago, Alberto Brick said:

Iron Man "without bust" is not the only mystery. Remember the head of the Hulkbuster published by Afro Man at the beginning of December? It is different from the one used in the set. Maybe they're both fake. It's strange though, because the minifigure looks original ...

I have the picture and I compared it, yea. It's different. At first I thought it's the same.

Yea, weird part is, they look genuine lego. Atleast to me...

10 minutes ago, SEmrys said:

The thing is that you (and a lot of old skool comic readers) are sadly a minority. Superheroes are nowadays more a movie and cartoons sort of thing. You can read in this thread even the complaints about figs not being movieaccurate enough. But if it wasn’t like this we wouldn’t have superheroes being this popular at all. 

I think the sanctum is awesome. Regardless on what marvel universe it’s based off. 

I also buy bootlegfigs to crave the hunger for more comicbased stuff. Especially the more classic looks of the superheroes. There are a lot of fine enough bootlegs that keep me interested in the superheroes line, as i am not a movie universe fan (even though i love those movies)

7 minutes ago, Borex said:

The thing is that you (and a lot of old skool comic readers) are sadly a minority. Superheroes are nowadays more a movie and cartoons sort of thing. You can read in this thread even the complaints about figs not being movieaccurate enough. But if it wasn’t like this we wouldn’t have superheroes being this popular at all. 

I think the sanctum is awesome. Regardless on what marvel universe it’s based off. 

I also buy bootlegfigs to crave the hunger for more comicbased stuff. Especially the more classic looks of the superheroes. There are a lot of fine enough bootlegs that keep me interested in the superheroes line, as i am not a movie universe fan (even though i love those movies)

That's fair. I'm a big fan of these films as well as the comics. I just don't think there is enough memorable content in them to adapt into LEGO form; hence why we only get a couple of sets for the smaller films like Homecoming, Ragnarok and Panther. In fact, I generally like the movie minfigures more than the standard, more comic-book-y ones.

It's just the builds themselves I think can be lacking. It would be great if they could make supplementary sets based off comics to coincide with the movies to bulk up the line (like the X-Men sets we got a couple of years ago). 

Edited by SEmrys

Milano and the little ship look like they can be combined, which is neat. Though I'm still not okay with the proportions. First Milano still reigns supreme.

My buying order will probably be like:

Sanctum Sanctorum (if I can afford it)
Set with the little Groot
Hulkbuster
Milano (if I can afford it)

Also, original Thanos bigfig look way better than the new one. I'll just take his gauntlet and put it on the original.

Edited by Dharkan

2 hours ago, Alberto Brick said:

Iron Man "without bust" is not the only mystery.

I own the Iron Man 'Without bust' and it seems and feels like a legitimate figure. The figure also has Lego copyright marks in the usual places.

2 hours ago, Alberto Brick said:

The head of the Hulkbuster published by Afro Man at the beginning of December? It is different from the one used in the set.

You are correct, the head is a different version from the Hulkbuster in 'The Hulkbuster Smash-up'

In terms of timeline progression; AoU Hulkbuster -> Unknown Hulkbuster -> Wakanda battle Hulkbuster.

df0dda85fb521505114632a0e58be527-avenger

I think what we are looking at here is a 'Tony Stark workshop' scenario similar to the above concept art for Infinity War;
- The 'Without bust' is an open bust version of the Mk 46, last seen in Age Of Ultron
- The Hulkbuster head variant is likely a prototype he is working on also

I guess this would be part of an Avengers Mansion set - probably scaled down considerably as i expect the movie would show us all his prior suits.

Edited by Scarilian

Does anyone know if the Sanctum set is designed by the same designer who did the bridge set? Because for me these are definitely among the best superhero sets Lego has ever released (purely in terms of the build).

25 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I own the Iron Man 'Without bust' and it seems and feels like a legitimate figure. The figure also has Lego copyright marks in the usual places.

You are correct, the head is a different version from the Hulkbuster in 'The Hulkbuster Smash-up'

In terms of timeline progression; AoU Hulkbuster -> Unknown Hulkbuster -> Wakanda battle Hulkbuster.

I think what we are looking at here is a 'Tony Stark workshop' scenario similar to the above concept art for Infinity War;
- The 'Without bust' is an open bust version of the Mk 46, last seen in Age Of Ultron

I guess this would be part of an Avengers Mansion set - probably scaled down considerably as i expect the movie would show us all his prior suits.

Oh, man, I like your idea! ? It seems strange to me that pieces of an exclusive set have been leaked, so soon, but if they are original, I do not see any other explanation. A new armor room is so exciting! Lego has decided to close the narrative arc of IronMan in the best way. This looks like the best Marvel wave ever

38 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Mark 46? or Mark 43?

It's the armor next to Prodigal Son. Mark 46 is from Civil War.

Oh i really love most of those Infinity War Sets,and my favorite being the Sanctum Sanctorum Set.It may be a bit pricey but sure looks like it will be worth it.

The fun Thing is that it reminds me of a MOC i made last Summer utilizing the Parts of the Spiderman Homecoming Set :D....My MOC and the new Sanctum Sanctorum will definetly be good Neighbors...

Homecoming Bank MOC...

There's defiantly gotta be more to come from the Infinity War sets...
There's still a small roster of characters missing...
Drax
Loki
Hulk (even though we have another Banner)
Scarlet Witch
Winter Soldier
Nebula 

5 hours ago, Azani said:

The US prices are:

76101 - $14.99

76102 - $19.99

76103 - $39.99

76104 - $29.99

76107 - $69.99

76108 - $99.99

Oh yeah, I can absolutely live with those. Thanks for the information!

IRON STAN MK 1

Newest creation of Tony Stark, it's not the MK 50. IT'S IRON STAN! :laugh:

Can't wait for those new Ironman suits, MK 50 and new Hulkbuster, Imma make him minifig scale again.

Wow - I only have a few Marvel Lego sets but the Sanctorum and GOTG ship look fantastic. This wave might end up getting me into collecting more Marvel... 

Any news on if the D2C has been confirmed as an Avengers headquarters or as a ship? As I've seen reports/rumours of both. 

5 hours ago, Azani said:

The US prices are:

76101 - $14.99

76102 - $19.99

76103 - $39.99

76104 - $29.99

76107 - $69.99

76108 - $99.99

That's extremely reasonable! I can't wait. Thanks for the info!

Is the orange ship in the Thanos set confirmed to be the Milano, by the way? Or is it another ship of the same model as the Milano?

1 minute ago, Aethersprite said:

That's extremely reasonable! I can't wait. Thanks for the info!

Is the orange ship in the Thanos set confirmed to be the Milano, by the way? Or is it another ship of the same model as the Milano?

In the official description Mario posted last week for the Ultimate Battle, it’s called the Milano. These descriptions also told specific measurements, so I’d think they’re truthful.