Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

Cap'n Nemo is cuck?

Rip, didn't mean that, rowdy nephew got a hold of me new account, mean no disrespect my good lord. Sets do look grand, annoyingly i cant post the pictures for everyone to see apparently the pictures are too big to post?

How do i delete posts?

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Hulk buster has the go sleep play function

This... This is what I need in life :laugh:

22 minutes ago, Shahennian said:

Why does everyone say the ship in Thanos' set is the Milano? It looks nothing like the Milano other than it has two wings. It looks like a new Guardians ship to me

Looks exactly like an updated, recoloured Milano to me

26 minutes ago, Shahennian said:

Love those sets, especially the Sanctum :)

Why does everyone say the ship in Thanos' set is the Milano? It looks nothing like the Milano other than it has two wings. It looks like a new Guardians ship to me

samething, until proven in the film. I won't belive it is Milano, that ship is so iconic to replace.

The more I look at the Sanctum, the more I think one side is dedicated to Doctor Strange and the actual Sanctum, the other half is the pizzeria and apartment

I think all the sets look pretty cool.  I definitely want a lot of groots.  The sanctum looks fantastic.  Can't wait for these to come out.

I'm really diggin' this new wave all together, with only one real gripe. With early leaks I thought the Infinity War Thanos looked bad to begin with, but now in addition to his his blue onesie and tiny gold armor, LEGO has gone and equipped him with a terror-inducing butter knife. Picturing that fig as lead villain makes me giggle.

I usually avoid the properties licensed by Disney (too expensive), so other than occasional forays for the sets that are just too good to pass up, I usually stick to DC Superheroes. 

But a fully built up, Modular Building-esque Sanctum Sanctorum? With the added benefit of not actually being as large as a Modular and therefore not ridiculously out of my price range?

I'll probably pass on the other sets (a couple of them, namely Corvus Glaive Attacks and The Hulkbuster Fight, aren't bad but are nothing special) but no freakin' way I'm missing out on this. If only because Doctor Strange is one of my all-time favourite superheroes and I want the Sanctum Sanctorum in my city!

That said, based on the pictures I've seen of both the real one and the model, I'm probably going to mirror-build it. It'll be more accurate to have the apartment and pizza shop section on the left side of the Sanctum, not the right. (Also, since City Pizza already has a monopoly on my city's pizza business, I'll probably repurpose the pizza shop into a laundromat or something. Or maybe a nice coffee shop.)

Edited by Feng-huang0296

Here's something interesting: If you look through one of the windows on the second floor (above the pizzeria) from the Sanctum set, you can see the "tech egg" from the Spider-Man Homecoming Vulture set, or at least the same build (trans purple cone on a silver stud).

8 minutes ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

Here's something interesting: If you look through one of the windows on the second floor (above the pizzeria) from the Sanctum set, you can see the "tech egg" from the Spider-Man Homecoming Vulture set, or at least the same build (trans purple cone on a silver stud).

Probably a nod to the film Homecoming, because Peter and Ned used to keep atleast one piece of that. 

Anyway folks, I know you most of you guys have seen all of the sets but if you're interested in HD image. I have it with me, send me a pm of your email address if you want.

Just now, wilson3a10 said:

I can feel the hulkbuster bulky and heavy.

It is really looking heavier than the first one. Only gripe I have is the stickers (there is no perfect set, just almost xD) if they have included printed pieces other than the head this set is a bomb. 

But overall I still like it, not a fan of brick built Falcon wings.

Currently at work. Will send them once I take my lunch break. LOL. 

Sanctum Sanctorum looks incredible. For once I’ll actually want to buy a set for the building and not the figures. 

4 minutes ago, froggy95 said:

Sanctum Sanctorum looks incredible. For once I’ll actually want to buy a set for the building and not the figures. 

Yep...this is one of the first Marvel sets where the build seems even more exciting than the minifigs!

Well then. These sets are great!

The smallest one is nice for the size, but something about it is strange to me. The shape, the colors, something looks weird to me. Its still good though!

The thor set is nice. The pod's color seems strange in comparison to the new milano, but more sand blue is good. The forge is disappointing, I at least expected enough room for him to stand in the circle.

The hulkbuster is a major upgrade form the last. The detail is so much better than the last! The 2015 one looks lackluster in comparison. Even the turret side build is better than I expected. This is my second favorite set.

The wakanda wall is ore modern than I expected it to be. The white and black combo looks great, and the window prints add to the si-fi look. The thresher confuses me. A saw blade trap, planted by the outriders, in the grass? I thought it was a vehicle!

The thanos set looks less like the milano than I expected. Its similar, but is still unique enough to not feel repetitive. I also like how it is similar n size to the 2014 one. It makes the 2017 one now look smaller than before! The iron man jetpack should feel excessive, yet it looks good to me.

The sanctum is incredible! Easily one of the best sets of the year, definitely the best of this wave! I like how the sanctum and the apartment/ pizzeria are separate buildings. The amount of accessories is astounding too!

Overall, I like this wave. Nice variety, and a good amount of playsets. Better than the age of ultron ones by sure!

The vehicle in the Captain America set is shown in the trailer, just larger. A bunch of them appear landing in Wakanda it seems. Colors seem wonky (teal?) but hey the shape is close and that set looks great.

1 hour ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

I'm happy I ordered a custom homemade suit Spider-Man, it'll go great with that sanctum set 

From leyelie? I made a purist one, just waiting for Mighty Micros scarlet spideyto be available in my place. 

2 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

@NetherCreeper

I have a guess as to how the Thresher works. I think if you press on the red disk piece, the saw blades roll off into the wall.

I could absolutely be wrong, but I see a clip piece that may suggest it’s connection.

It also seems like hitting the circle/disc piece on the front of the wall (probably with the thresher) will cause some sort of explosion.

I know I’m late to the game, but WOW are these sets great!! I’ve never done a set analysis before so here I go.

$13- Great figure selection and the design of the dropship is intersting, and I like the colors used.

$20- This really looks like the Quadjumper. It is a great $20 set, and I look forward to seeing how it connects to the Milano.

$30- I own the first Hulkbuster, but I definitely like the update with this, and also Falcon’s brick built wings look cool.

$40- The wall is nicely detailed, and the exterior design with the rods looks nice. Not sure what the thresher is supposed to be, but hopefully the movie explains that. 5 figures really makes the set great.

$80- A few more figures would have been nice, but otherwise the set is a must.

$100- This set steals the show! It is like a mini modular. The exterior detail is phenomenal, and the pizzeria is a nice addition, and it reminds me of the bank facade from the Homecoming wave. This is a definite buy!

Overall this is a great wave and beats the Age of Ultron wave, which was my favorite. I know my thoughts don’t matter to you all, but thanks for letting me ramble. What a great post for my 100th post.

The US prices are:

76101 - $14.99

76102 - $19.99

76103 - $39.99

76104 - $29.99

76107 - $69.99

76108 - $99.99

Just now, Azani said:

The US prices are:

76101 - $14.99

76102 - $19.99

76103 - $39.99

76104 - $29.99

76107 - $69.99

76108 - $99.99

Nice to know that! Woot woot can't wait for this sets. Sanctum here I come!