Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

this space iron man and falcon with brick-build wings look awsome! new milano looks better in every time I see it

I guess Banner really might not Hulk out in this movie. That or he's in the D2C

Just now, Ultron said:

He does Hulk out, though...

I suppose he could be in the D2C. It depends on what it is.

A4113586-2271-4590-A57B-D9950C2C8799.jpeg

The Hulk is seen in the Infinity War trailer though, right? /
At the end, when Cap, Panther, Bucky and an army of Wakandans run towards (I believe) an army of Outriders.

Can't find the pictures anywhere, sadly. But I trust the judgement of everybody here that the sets are really amazing!

Regards,
Mitch

Mediocre builds, mediocre figures. Happy to let these sets pass. The sanctorum is a huge letdown as people said it would be highly detailed, but it still looks like a SH set to me. 

1 minute ago, TheBrickPal said:

He does Hulk out, though...

I suppose he could be in the D2C. It depends on what it is.

Oh, yeah. I forgot about that part :laugh:

I’m in love with that sanctum! The detail is almost modular level!

the builds definitely make up for the minifigures. This will be the first super heroes was not to have a lacklustre build!

comparing the Hulkbuster is insane, this is detailed and less clunky and duplo-looking.

very excited!

Just now, Kevii23 said:

Mediocre builds, mediocre figures. Happy to let these sets pass. The sanctorum is a huge letdown as people said it would be highly detailed, but it still looks like a SH set to me. 

Are you and I looking at the same set..? What other theme, licensed or not, has a building half as detailed as this? Seems you set your expectations impossibly high

3 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

It’s an interesting concept:

-can be Sanctum from the front view

-can be Street shop/apartment from the front view 

-can make a steeet corner.

It makes more sense than a pizzeria in the Sanctum, but I did expect it to be a bit larger. And I will definitely be displaying it from the Aanctum end. I frankly love it though.

6 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

Lol. Are you serious?

Am I looking at different pictures than the rest of you? These are... not great. The Sanctum looks cool, but other than that these are all wait till the price drops kinds of sets. 

Is that supposed to be The Milano? And are they really trying to up the piece count with the blast effect pieces?

Iron Man Mark 50 comes in both the Final Battle and the Sanctum sets. Could the other figure be in the 7th retailer exclusive or the D2C? 

Now for my overall thoughts: 

Outrider Dropship Attack- Awesome build! Very unique and unexpected. Figures are great too. I hope this one is only $13. 

Thor’s Weapon Quest- The escape pod build is very unique as well and much chunkier than I expected, which definitely isn’t a bad thing. I love the sand blue and the little forge on the side looks great. Thor having his eyepatch would be better but overall it’s still a very strong set, and I hope it’s just $20. 

Hulkbuster Smash-Up- I absolutely love it! It’s a great update to the old Hulkbuster build and I think I like it better since the head isn’t at as much of a weird slant like the last one was. The arms look bulkier and stronger and I like the little tower on the side with the ball shooter. Figures are cool, Proxima Midnight is definitely the best but it’s a shame her staff isn’t very well made. Falcon’s wings don’t look good. I far prefer the molded Civil War ones, these look a bit too big and bulky. Banner being a repeat is fine, and another Outrider is great to get! This set should only be $30.

Corvus Glaive Thresher Attack- Drop dead gorgeous build. The trans purple is amazing and the entire wall just looks like a wonderful model for play and display. The gold stripes using the rod pieces are very nice, and the model has some good height to it. The thresher is strange but cool looking and will add good play value. The figures are amazing as well, Shuri is great to get and Corvus Glaive is pretty good. His weapon is pretty okay, would’ve been nice to get a new mold but this works well with existing pieces unlike Proxima Midnight’s weapon. Outriders are great, Vision and Black Panther are both fine as repeats. One of my favorite sets from this wave overall, I hope it’s $40.

Thanos: The Last Battle- The build looks very interesting but extremely weird. Doesn’t look anything like the Milano at all, the Guardians were in the regular one in the SDCC trailer and not this ship. It doesn’t look like it’ll have much of an interior which is disappointing. Star-Lord not coming with his mask is kind of dumb, but the new Gamora and Iron Man both look great. That jetpack build is really cool! Thanos has grown on me even though I still think he could’ve been done a lot better. His sword is stupid, it still looks like a giant butter knife to me. The Gauntlet is a great piece though and I can’t wait to get my hands on it! The price for this one is going to be iffy. I was expecting a $80 set, but the build here isn’t worth that much. I hope it’s only $60, but it might be $70. 

Battle in the Sanctum Sanctorum- The crown jewel of this entire wave! The way they combined the buildings like that is great, giving us two facades that can be closed into a single building. The new window piece is awesome and the exterior really does have all the detail of a modular building, and they even include a water tower! The figures are great and it’s good to see that Strange actually comes with the complete cape. Cull Obsidian’s weapon looks cool and it’s nice to get two packs of the Power Bursts as well as such a long web string for Spider-Man. The set doesn’t really look worth $100 to me though. I’d prefer a $80 or $90 price point for this one. 

Can’t wait to see the 7th set and D2C! 

I knew that Iron Man "without a bust" would not have been in either of the bigger sets! Now we have to understand where is ? in Hulkbuster? It's strange, though, that they do not show it ...

Just to be clear: 

Do NOT under any circumstances post the set images here. Whether they have a confidentiality watermark or not. 

Thank you and continue on with the discussion. :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

Just to be clear: 

Do NOT under any circumstances post the set images here. Whether they have a confidentiality watermark or not. 

Acknowlegded.

35 minutes ago, Ultron said:

Um, we found the 1 person who didn't watch the IW Trailer! :laugh:

11 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

Just to be clear: 

Yes sir, noted. 

Sets look great, especially the Sanctum. Shame that more minifgures aren't included in the sets as there are plenty of characters to choose from and the larger sets seem light on minifigures :)

I went back and compared the new images with the AoU sets, and I am even more in love now.

there are problems with these sets (minifigures), but LEGO did here something bigger. they weren't afraid of the genre. They went all in. The colors are wild the builds are play full and original. I can't wait to get my hands on them, and to see the 7th set and the D2C.