Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

10 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

What I mean is, that's the difference you'll get the gauntlet in one set and on the other is the more accurate Big fig. So, atleast TLG is wise to consume our money. 

I can see that, and I too would like a more accurate depiction of Thanos. However, whether we get an armorless variant or not, the choice exists to display him with or without the Gauntlet. Getting a second one is harmless, especially considering that you get three extras of a respective infinity stone per one set.

Additional, that 7th set (if following in the footsteps of the Vision correction) would be an opportunity for a one-eyed Thor minifigure.

Edited by Aegis2000

@Aegis2000 make sense about the extra stones but again, lego is wise to burn down our money and they will make "exclusive" for a set for you to buy. 

With regards to mg comments in 7th set that's just my full speculation. Don't quote me on that. I myself and also leakers in Instagram doesn't have any idea on what's coming same as Brickshow news.

It could be full trash, it could have Drax, War Machine, Scarlet Witch and Winter Soldier. 

Just a wild guess.

Overall with everything i've seen I am extremely happy with the infinity war figures. Lego definitely considered a lot of things I never would have. All of the avengers and guardians look great with my personal standouts being Groot and Captain America. The black order were figures I didn't think lego would put a whole lot of time and energy into and i am extremely surprised, cull obsidian especially. The whole thing with Thanos's design doesn't bother me and honestly it doesn't matter to me the odds of him being in the 7th set. My view on it is we don't know what is going on inside lego and maybe they couldn't make a new head for him, I dont know but im fine with what we are getting. 

just my 2 cents

Just built the royal taloon fighter. An amazing set. I love the build, it feels so good. It does have too many stickers, but you can leave some of those off,  and I'm glad they do include the stickers because the finished product is so good.

Especially concidering the fact that it might pop up in avengers infinity war and if so it is even more usefull.

1 hour ago, doclord said:

Thor's head is just a concept art goof by LEGO based on Marvel choosing to make the eyepatch late in the game. 

Thanos is a lot simpler than that: the helmetless Thanos is more desirable and if he used the Darkseid bigfig mold he could easily be put into a more expensive set to counter the cheaper Thanos available for the kids.

The Darkseid big fig has a molded helmet around his face, if a new Thanos was to be made without his armour, it would require a new and simplistic mold

I really like the majority of figs in the IW wave, I even think they did a better job on spider man than a lot of people think. My only point on Cull was he's not better than Gladiator Hulk, but IMO GH is the best big fig ever... The only real disappointment I see is Thanos, I don't think they could have done any worse with him if they tried... Seriously. However, like many others I hope they have a better one in the D2C or the Exclusive

59 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

The Darkseid big fig has a molded helmet around his face, if a new Thanos was to be made without his armour, it would require a new and simplistic mold

Darkseid just had a rounded head with printing on it. There was no molded helmet, so it could be easily reprinted for Thanos. 

Edit: Never mind. I didn’t realize he had a molded helmet. Thanos would need a new headpiece but I think they could easily make one if they tried. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

3 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Darkseid just had a rounded head with printing on it. There was no molded helmet, so it could be easily reprinted for Thanos. 

Yes there was a helmet mold, you can see it if you look him up on Google images.

34 minutes ago, grimmfreak said:

I really like the majority of figs in the IW wave, I even think they did a better job on spider man than a lot of people think. My only point on Cull was he's not better than Gladiator Hulk, but IMO GH is the best big fig ever... The only real disappointment I see is Thanos, I don't think they could have done any worse with him if they tried... Seriously. However, like many others I hope they have a better one in the D2C or the Exclusive

I agree with you, in fact, I really like Iron Spider! I do not think it's fair to compare Hulk to Cull Obsidian: Hulk is a property that sells a lot, and it was very important in the Ragnarok advertising campaign, it's normal that Lego has invested more money on his figure. The money for an upgrade of Thanos has been used for some other mold, I'm the most disappointed of all for this, but if Lego will give us a correct version in 2019 I will be satisfied

Black Dwarf/ Cull Obsidian whatever he's called in IW, looks good, but nothing special, not like Gladiator Hulk or Bane(Lego Batman Movie). Overall I think IW line minifigure wise is very weak, compared even to AoU sets. Hopefully sets themselves are really good to compensate weak minifigures.

Edited by benderisgreat

2 hours ago, Marvel_Geek8 said:

Overall with everything i've seen I am extremely happy with the infinity war figures. Lego definitely considered a lot of things I never would have. All of the avengers and guardians look great with my personal standouts being Groot and Captain America. The black order were figures I didn't think lego would put a whole lot of time and energy into and i am extremely surprised, cull obsidian especially. The whole thing with Thanos's design doesn't bother me and honestly it doesn't matter to me the odds of him being in the 7th set. My view on it is we don't know what is going on inside lego and maybe they couldn't make a new head for him, I dont know but im fine with what we are getting. 

just my 2 cents

Exactly we don't know what lego has budgeted for these sets,  Its just like making a movie.  They are under time and financial restrictions and l think are doing a fine job.  We all have jobs and have to produce quality work in a timely fashion.  If you don't like the figs then make your own moulds and make your own lego.  I think they could've done worse.  I mean look at some of kreo's figs especially drizzt the qualtiy and printing is horrible.  I still think lego makes the best building toys.

17 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

We don’t happen to have piece counts for any of the sets, so we? That would surely jnfluence some opinions. I’m hoping for some good price to part ratios after the Black Panther waves.

I think most people will appreciate the lack of detail on the minifigs once we find out piece count, it could compensate for the prices or any minifigs people don't happen to like, just my thought though

9 hours ago, Alberto Brick said:

I will use this instead of the wrong bigfig ?

I've already ordered a custom Thanos which i shall probably use instead of the official one, the custom still has the armour but it has a more accurate removable helmet, better facial expression and head rotation so it gets the appearance across better. Shall give it the arms of the official version to portray the sleeveless look and should work fairly nicely even if it wont be as accurate in regards to torso print it'd gain the accuracy of a helmet-less appearance for Thanos.

25 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

I think most people will appreciate the lack of detail on the minifigs once we find out piece count, it could compensate for the prices or any minifigs people don't happen to like, just my thought though

I normally break apart the sets unless they blow me away with what they are doing. The figures normally are more important for me, they can be used to recreate or act out scenes or simply for display. Guess we'll have to wait and see, should hopefully only be a few more days.

9 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The bricks heads are out. Star lord, iron man, and thanos.

Star Lord; Body looks 'ok', head is a mess primarily due to a printed piece that does not really fit and throws off the masked look.
Iron Man; Pretty much what i expected, would probably look nice displayed next to the previous Iron Man Brickhead.
Thanos; Should've been gold, but design is pretty good. Infinity Gauntlet printed piece looks disappointing, though i guess they wanted something less detailed.

I love new Brickheadz. Thanos is perfect, he looks really fantastic and cute, Iron Man is perfect too, I really like his amazing design. Star-Lord is just good. Nothing really fantastic for me.

Cull Obsidian looks amazing, I really like everything about him, only the lack of leg and arm printing, and eyes are too big. But still amazing.

So, Homecoming suit is Mark 47.

Infinity War with wings is Mark 50.

So probably, 49 is Hulkbuster and 48 is the one that looks like Mark 43, or maybe another mark, but probably not.

this is a side question here, but if you order a lego set off of bricklink that's used, do the sellers always take it apart and put the pieces into baggies and then ship the set out like that? I wanted to get a used helicarrier because it's cheaper however I still want to enjoy the process of building it

6 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

this is a side question here, but if you order a lego set off of bricklink that's used, do the sellers always take it apart and put the pieces into baggies and then ship the set out like that? I wanted to get a used helicarrier because it's cheaper however I still want to enjoy the process of building it

I don’t know how I would inventory a set to sell as complete without doing so, but I suppose a seller could ship it built (completely or in sections). Best bet would be to contact the seller before ordering to confirm. 

Unlike ebay where plenty of people sell “complete” used sets and toss them in a box built, I don’t think the clientele on BrickLink would operate as such.  I definitely don’t. 

Unfortantely the experiment failed. The expectation was the photo to be taken down not the account. lego doesn’t want the infinity war sets to be relevaled, if they are shown before Lego wants us to see them, accounts will be terminated quickly. I don’t know if we will see these until Lego decides to show us

48 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

I don’t know how I would inventory a set to sell as complete without doing so, but I suppose a seller could ship it built (completely or in sections). Best bet would be to contact the seller before ordering to confirm. 

Unlike ebay where plenty of people sell “complete” used sets and toss them in a box built, I don’t think the clientele on BrickLink would operate as such.  I definitely don’t. 

Thank you very much! I wad watching a brick link haul unboxing on YouTube and that's another reason why I asked

46 minutes ago, Alberto Brick said:

just upload them to an account created on purpose, and they will spread themselves

I thought of that as well, make an account named like avengerspics, with ample warning we could all be ready to screenshot them and the leaker could delete them after 10 minutes, before lego even finds out, like a bricktastic heist movie

Edited by legosamsonite

Just finished building both Black Panther sets. The mine track is bigger than I expected but I would really prefer one piece of curved track for some more play value. I wouldn’t gladly paid $30 for the set if the figures had leg printing and we got a bigger mine section. The cart is cool but doesn’t tip the vibranium out very well. The rhino is amazing! I love the build even though it was a bit sticker heavy. It looks perfect. The figures are great except for the lack of leg print and ear piece print. The ears not having printing doesn’t bother me as much in person but the legs definitely do. I’m going to try Black Widow’s AoU legs on the blue Black Panther suit, and I’ve got two pairs of Zod’s legs to use on each figure as well. Okoye looks very good but I would’ve liked a bit of leg print or even another color for the legs, like Nakia’s, as I just don’t like the black paired with the dark orange very much. Both Killmongers are great and I love the new mask mold! Nakia’s hair and torso are gorgeous as are her circular blades, and you even get an extra one! Klaue is cool as well, with a great face and I like the look of his cannon arm. The Royal Talon Fighter is right up there with the Milano as one of my favorite Lego vehicles ever and I adore the design. The stickers really improve its unique look and I love all of the useable space inside! Overall, they’re amazing sets and I’m really glad I got them!

I liked the BP sets too, and I'm very curious to see the movie! I'm just disappointed with the blue of the costume, I would have preferred it to be purple as in the trailer