Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

Just now, doclord said:

So wait something I don't understand, how is a pizzerria in the Santorum? Are they just using space that could've been used for the Sanctum and turning it into Peter themed areas, while the outside is 100% Sanctum?

Correct. I saw a picture of the outside building and it looks 100% sanctum, top floor will be Strange's office.

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Correct. I saw a picture of the outside building and it looks 100% sanctum, top floor will be Strange's office.

Well............. I'll be okay with it if A) these are scenes that actually happen in the movie (Strange opens a portal to Peter's room or something) or B) the build makes it looks as though orange portals are opening into these "Peter rooms".

Otherwise I just wish they made stuff like the closet portal rooms or something.

Just now, doclord said:

So wait something I don't understand, how is a pizzerria in the Santorum? Are they just using space that could've been used for the Sanctum and turning it into Peter themed areas, while the outside is 100% Sanctum?

By the cheesy slices of Pizzantia, the structural designer of this building should be fired. Part pizzeria, part apartment, part magical domain. Hopefully if anyone isn't satisfied with the layout it can be modded to a full out Sanctum, maybe using the old one

Just now, doclord said:

This does seem odd. I was expecting the Sanctum and then some side builds similar to (but larger than) the small buildings in the Harley Quinn Cannonball set.

Maybe Peter resides in the Sanctum part-time now that the Avengers are no longer based in New York City? 

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Wow. That's ... odd. I guess it works from a "façade" display perspective, but it doesn't make a lot of sense for Doctor Strange's townhouse to include a pizzeria and Peter Parker's bedroom. Unless that's an actual plot point from the film - Dr Strange tries to "teleport" Spider-man to the townhouse and accidentally teleports his apartment and a pizzeria? Even then, it doesn't make any sense as Aunt May's apartment isn't directly above a pizzeria.

I guess it makes "modding" the Sanctum easier as you simply strip out all of the pizzeria interior and mod Peter's bedroom to be Stephen's bedroom. Still, it seems to be a ... unique approach. I had expected two separate, smaller, Creator-esque builds which connected together - one being the Sanctum and the other being the pizzeria and apartment.

Just now, Aegis2000 said:

This does seem odd. I was expecting the Sanctum and then some side builds similar to (but larger than) the small buildings in the Harley Quinn Cannonball set.

Maybe Peter resides in the Sanctum part-time now that the Avengers are no longer based in New York City? 

I'm guessing they just threw in some rooms for kids that don't care all that much about Strange, honestly.

31 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So store exclusive is 50$ this is interesting. This probably means 5-6 figures  D2C will probably use a piece count similar to snokes ship 

for those of us who don't follow the star wars theme, what was your thinking?... 2000ish?

Just now, grimmfreak said:

for those of us who don't follow the star wars theme, what was your thinking?... 2000ish?

Snoke’s ship has about 1400 pieces, I believe. I’d expect the D2C to have more, especially since Marvel sets are rarely as overpriced as Star Wars sets. I’d expect 1500-1800 pieces. 

35 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

I don't remember seeing side builds other than the street corner and newspaper, but I could be wrong tho. It's a potato quality picture with blacked out figs.

40 minutes ago, doclord said:

Well............. I'll be okay with it if A) these are scenes that actually happen in the movie (Strange opens a portal to Peter's room or something) or B) the build makes it looks as though orange portals are opening into these "Peter rooms".

Otherwise I just wish they made stuff like the closet portal rooms or something.

I don't know if that's part of the plot. But by the look of it in the outside it's 100% Sanctum.

In regards to the Sanctum, I would guess they wanted to increase playability. I have not seen the set but i can guess some of the decisions made behind these aspects;

• Pizzeria seems to be there mostly for the 'a buildable Shawarma grill' perhaps the Pizzeria replicates the end of Avengers
  • Peter's room, depending on whether it is based on the Civil War or Homecoming Room could be used to replicates some of the iconic scenes (Tony meeting Peter, Ned discovering who Peter is, Aunt May discovering who Peter is) along with perhaps some scenes from Infinity War.

The movie version of the Sanctum also honestly does not have that much which could be adapted to Lego. Mostly everything the Sanctum has is listed in the descriptions other than possibly the staircase, which may not be included if the set is an opening playset. Looking at the description i dont really see anything they have missed, it all really depends how it looks in person. As long as it looks great from the outside i wouldn't mind too much as i can mod the previous Doctor Strange set's aspects into the Sanctum and customize it a bit with spare parts.

As such i do not mind random additional aspects as long as they do not detract from the rest of the Sanctum build, primarily the exterior.

1 hour ago, grimmfreak said:

-snip-

My wallet is screaming... That's about 505 for the entire wave and it depends a lot on conversion as to how that'll work out here. I guess it's time to use VIP points.

Do we know release dates for the Store Exclusives? (76015, 76106)

Either way, the pricing of 76105 and 76106 reassures me a little that we'll end up getting the missing figures. I really hope that 76106 comes with an updated Thanos, but i guess that we have Avengers 4 if not.

I’m not too bothered by the pizzeria and Peter’s room being folded into the Sanctum as long as it looks like just the Sanctum from the outside. It adds more playability and it sounds like they represent all the important parts of the Sanctum anyway. I bought another old Sanctum set thinking they might do this so I can modify it into one coherent building if I want to. 

8 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I’m not too bothered by the pizzeria and Peter’s room being folded into the Sanctum as long as it looks like just the Sanctum from the outside. It adds more playability and it sounds like they represent all the important parts of the Sanctum anyway. I bought another old Sanctum set thinking they might do this so I can modify it into one coherent building if I want to. 

Same here, I really don't think that's a problem as long as it's Sanctum Santorum, after all this is an Avengers wave not Doctor Strange, any AFOL wanted to modify it is free to do so. 

I appreciate the info you have been giving @SpiderJazz, it's tough to be the messenger sometimes and you have handled the build up to the leaks of these sets rather well, I know I'm not the only one when I say we really appreciate you ! ?

5 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Thanks bud @TurnOffTheDark 

Right now, the only sets I haven't seen yet is Thor and Hulkbuster.

Hopefully soon we'll get any info from it. 

From what brickshow said in their video, the Hulkbuster and thor sets sound pretty cool

3 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

I just ordered 76099 for pickup later today. Al in all I got the Black Panther wave for 20% off!

Same here, my packages came yesterday. Super happy to save $10 on sets that were already amazing with great prices! I can only hope that Amazon discounts the Fallen Kingdom sets this quickly too. 

I would love to see these immediate discounts continue this year. For the Black Panther wave it’s hardly been a week since release and Amazon has both for 20% off. 

For example, if the Sanctum Battle were 20% off, of $80, before the movie even came out, that’d be an absolute steal from the sound of it.

There is a image of a completed ganulet using red and blue stones. It makes me excited for what the ganulet looks like put together with the real stones 

9 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

There is a image of a completed ganulet using red and blue stones. It makes me excited for what the ganulet looks like put together with the real stones 

I’ve seen one that uses the four red stones included in The Ultimate Battle. 

Now I really want Spider-Man or someone to make a bedazzling joke on Infinity War.

Edited by Aegis2000

34 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

I’ve seen one that uses the four red stones included in The Ultimate Battle. 

Now I really want Spider-Man or someone to make a bedazzling joke on Infinity War.

If Spider-Man won't then hopefully Star Lord will lol

51 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It's from preciousplastics, he has a YT page, I think he made a review about it. He changed his name from Preciousplastics to Kattman4 in IG.

He's the one who leaked Homecoming minifigures back then. 

Figs came from chinese factory, my source are from HK.

If anyone was curious as to why Thor doesn't have his eyepatch in the minifigure , this interview clarifies a possible reason why : it's CGI. Hence why it wasn't in first trailer (leaked one) but is in the second. I'm glad it wasn't just a mistake on lego's part!

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/1827099/chris-hemsworth-reveals-something-very-cool-about-his-avengers-infinity-war-eyepatch?utm_campaign=cb-fbk-m-intl-a286c7ec&utm_content=1526&utm_source=fbk&utm_term=cb-fbk-m-intl-a286c7ec.cwiy86bp

2 hours ago, scoiltreasa said:

If anyone was curious as to why Thor doesn't have his eyepatch in the minifigure , this interview clarifies a possible reason why : it's CGI. Hence why it wasn't in first trailer (leaked one) but is in the second. I'm glad it wasn't just a mistake on lego's part!

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/1827099/chris-hemsworth-reveals-something-very-cool-about-his-avengers-infinity-war-eyepatch?utm_campaign=cb-fbk-m-intl-a286c7ec&utm_content=1526&utm_source=fbk&utm_term=cb-fbk-m-intl-a286c7ec.cwiy86bp

Marvel went to great efforts to hide the eyepatch. It wasn’t even in concept art so we can’t really blame Lego for not including it. Hopefully Thor will get an eyepatch in the Avengers 4 sets.