Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

4 minutes ago, agoodfella77 said:

The number of old (re-used) figs for IW is really disappointing:

- Rocket R.
- Star-Lord
- Vision
- Bruce Banner (still need a solid confirm on this)
- Black Panther (granted its a "newer" variant, but still its a re-do from his Movie set)
- Doctor Strange (yeah he gets a new hairpiece -- big whoop -- everything else is identical)

I’m not too bothered by those reuses. Bruce is in the same outfit as he is in Ragnarok so the reuse makes sense. Rocket’s look doesn’t appear to have changed either. T’Challa’s suit will most likely be the same (I don’t spot any differences in the trailer between the BP and IW suits). Vision’s regular hero look never changes and I love the figure we have so that’s fine (although a human Vision figure would be nice), and Doctor Strange also looks exactly the same. Star-Lord could’ve used a new variant but oh well, we’ve gotten great versions of him in the past. Overall we got new designs for the figures with new outfits and I’m happy that the reuses made sense at least. 

6 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

The D2C will probably be Sancturay 2 or Xandar or the teleporter/circle in the sky thing

Groot isn't reused. Rocket is though

I doubt those are the strongest contenders for a D2C although I would enjoy them. Avengers Academy or a large Quinjet would make the most sense, since they appear across multiple MCU films, are already iconic, and the D2C will stay on shelves for at least 2 years so they would want a set that keeps its appeal. 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I doubt those are the strongest contenders for a D2C although I would enjoy them. Avengers Academy or a large Quinjet would make the most sense, since they appear across multiple MCU films, are already iconic, and the D2C will stay on shelves for at least 2 years so they would want a set that keeps its appeal. 

They'd still be pretty cool. Something that can house all the Avengers, unlike Stark Tower and the Helicarrier which were cool but couldn't fit the amount of Avengers that are in IW

Haven't seen the Bruce Banner yet, though some leaks saying it will be the same (Which is weird because he doesn't wear the same outfit in trailers) I'm hoping into something new. Well, I won't be surprise if that's the case.

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Haven't seen the Bruce Banner yet, though some leaks saying it will be the same (Which is weird because he doesn't wear the same outfit in trailers) I'm hoping into something new. Well, I won't be surprise if that's the case.

His new outfit is very similar to the Ragnarok one and is represented well enough by the same figure. A new face would’ve been nice, though. 

46 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The Sanctum is $100 and not the D2C. If it was then we wouldn’t have heard this much information about it and we definitely would not have seen so many leaked figures. 

• Fair enough, it just sounds like we are getting an awful lot in a $100 set.  Maybe it would be more believable 10/15 years ago.:laugh:

22 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

His new outfit is very similar to the Ragnarok one and is represented well enough by the same figure. A new face would’ve been nice, though. 

I probably missed that one, yea faceprint would have been a nice touch. 

Just to add to on our discussion, I'm pretty sure we are getting the same costume for Black Panther in the Thresher set. 

HOWEVER, I do remember the case of Vision in Tanker Takedown, they corrected a small detail (gem color) on his print. 

It will be a nice, if they fix the eyes on the suit for Infinity war Black Panther, as for Royal Talon set it has exposed eyes.

What do you think?

I probably missed that one, yea faceprint would have been a nice touch. 

Just to add to on our discussion, I'm pretty sure we are getting the same costume for Black Panther in the Thresher set. 

HOWEVER, I do remember the case of Vision in Tanker Takedown, they corrected a small detail (gem color) on his print. 

It will be a nice, if they fix the eyes on the suit for Infinity war Black Panther, as for Royal Talon set it has exposed eyes.

What do you think?

The exposed eyes are not a mistake, though. The suit has the ability to open the white eyes like that so it’s accurate to the movie. 

@GoldenNinja3000, I get your point but when I saw the set pictures it's kinda blurry, pribably that's just me hoping for a new printing. lol

That would be great to get a new variant.

Breaking News:

I've seen Cull Obsidian and he is so damn accurate. We're talking about the statue here. 

Can't tell the face because of the angle. But Sanctum Sanctorum is definitely worth to get with figures alone.

Breaking News:

I've seen Cull Obsidian and he is so damn accurate. We're talking about the statue here. 

Can't tell the face because of the angle. But Sanctum Sanctorum is definitely worth to get with figures alone.

Great way to start off he week. I’m very glad to hear your take on it. I believe this set will be the first I buy.

New molding for his arm, Face also is new, detailed one. And similar printing with orange in it.

Oh Gawd. I can't wait for the official reveal

4 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Breaking News:

can you tell if it's a bigfig or a build like Steppenwolf?

Just now, Alberto Brick said:

can you tell if it's a bigfig or a build like Steppenwolf?

Now I can say it's a sacrifice for Thanos using the old mold.

He is indeed a big figure, with A NEW MOLD.

Now I can say it's a sacrifice for Thanos using the old mold.

He is indeed a big figure, with A NEW MOLD.

Is the sacrifice worth it?

@Alberto Brick welcome.

The only set I wanna see now is the Hulkbuster build. I want to know if it's simillar or what.

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Is the sacrifice worth it?

Definitely worth it. Hmmmm? Ig pm bud

Just now, RealGeronimo11 said:

I hope they give us the more accurate Thanos for the D2C or the 7th set

And as for that information. I have also clarified with the same source, They are sure that there will be a 7th set.

BUT BUT BUT BUT it's not an exclusive, probably just to keep spoilers.

So 8 sets for Infinity War.

Edited by SpiderJazz
spelling

And as for that information. I have also clarified with the same source, They are sure that there will be a 7th set.

Does your source know when the set might hit shelves? 

1 minute ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

I hope they give us the more accurate Thanos for the D2C or the 7th set

If they had produced a correct version they would have used it for Final Battle. If we are lucky we will see a new Thanos next year

Just now, TheAmazingDarkKnight said:

Does your source know when the set might hit shelves? 

Didn't ask that. Not a very important info I guess, it's coming and that is the important thing.

46 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Breaking News:

Is it bigger than thanos? Or is it a standart bigfig size?