Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

6 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

I love how the restaurant portion of the sanctum set has a nice callback to the first avengers movie with the inclusion of shawarma

You saw pics?

Set descriptions sound amazing! Nice to see some Power Bursts in Marvel sets (I’m hoping we eventually get trans red for Scarlet Witch). The new Milano seems awesome and I totally called that that would be the ship in the Last Battle set. Sounds like it’s got a good enough interior and even has space for the Gauntlet. I’m assuming the 7th retail exclusive set and the D2C will both be released on March 1st but it’s possible the retail exclusive (or both) contains spoilers and will come during the summer wave (like the Spider-Man Civil War set). 

Just now, RealGeronimo11 said:

The set descriptions Mario posted say the Outriders are new for March 2018. Does that mean we have an official release date?

The official release date was always March 1st, 2018. That’s always when these sets come out. 

12 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The official release date was always March 1st, 2018. That’s always when these sets come out. 

Oh, brilliant. I didn't know that

5 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

By Ball shooter does it mean like the one from Age Of Ultron tank with Quicksilver set?I

I think you’re right. The build that uses the Bionicle pincers?

I was hoping for the cannon-like system that held three ball pieces within, and could fire rapidly.

EDIt: Ha, yes!!! The pizzeria has a shawarma grill! And what do you guys think the “Groot arm extension pieces” are going to be?

Edited by Aegis2000

10 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

I was hoping for the cannon-like system that held three ball pieces within, and could fire rapidly.

EDIt: Ha, yes!!! The pizzeria has a shawarma grill! And what do you guys think the “Groot arm extension pieces” are going to be?

How do you know that? Did you see images?

The arm extensions must be those brown vines that have been next to the figure in some images. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

How do you know that? Did you see images?

The arm extensions must be those brown vines that have been next to the figure in some images. 

It is in the discription that mario power published.

1 hour ago, Aegis2000 said:

Groot extension is just a vine like Poison Ivy's holding, it's colored  brown. 

And yes, I can confirm that piece exist in the Wakanda set. That's the weapon called "Threasher" I guess. It shoots razor blades circle like the one in Ninjago mechanical dragon. 

Just now, TurnOffTheDark said:

So does Thanos have a space bike in the ultimate battle set or does Star Lord and Gamora? I'm confused on that part

It must be Starlord and Gamora if it fits in the Milano

13 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

So does Thanos have a space bike in the ultimate battle set or does Star Lord and Gamora? I'm confused on that part

Space bike fits in "Milano" and it belongs to the good guys.

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Space bike fits in "Milano" and it belongs to the good guys.

Oh okay, thank you. I really like how this set can have the pod from the search for Thor's weapon attach to the "Milano". It gives us more incentive to purchase the other sets (as well as the inclusion of the different infinity stones)

Honestly, I'm still wondering why sudden change of coloring if that is really Milano.

In Gotg v2, rocket is slowly fixing their ship right, what happened again? forgot about it.

If MK48 comes with this set, probably this will be one of the top seller, 3 new figs for a set. 

First Sanctum and then The final battle with thanos set.

Just now, TurnOffTheDark said:

Oh okay, thank you. I really like how this set can have the pod from the search for Thor's weapon attach to the "Milano". It gives us more incentive to purchase the other sets (as well as the inclusion of the different infinity stones)

And again, I'm thinking that the 7th set could be also an attachment to the Final Battle set, just like an extension of Airport battle in Civil War with Tanker takedown.

16 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Honestly, I'm still wondering why sudden change of coloring if that is really Milano.

In Gotg v2, rocket is slowly fixing their ship right, what happened again? forgot about it.

If MK48 comes with this set, probably this will be one of the top seller, 3 new figs for a set. 

First Sanctum and then The final battle with thanos set.

And again, I'm thinking that the 7th set could be also an attachment to the Final Battle set, just like an extension of Airport battle in Civil War with Tanker takedown.

I think a mountain build or some elongated landscape build with play features to imply mass destruction caused by Thanos would be really cool for the 7th set/d2c set

24 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I would expect repeats for the 7th Set. Mainly on the villain front, probably a repeat hero as well

I don’t really expect any repeats for the Black Order. More Outriders, maybe.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

The movie ends and they're in a Ravager ship that's a part of the "mother" ship so it's definitely bigger than the Milano. The either went back and fixed it or just got another Ravager ship of the same style. I hope they explain it at some point

Just now, RealGeronimo11 said:

The movie ends and they're in a Ravager ship that's a part of the "mother" ship so it's definitely bigger than the Milano. The either went back and fixed it or just got another Ravager ship of the same style. I hope they explain it at some point

They probably won’t. The movie takes place 4 years after guardians 2 

I’m surprised no one noticed that Thor sets has Stormbringer in the description! That’s Beta Rey Bills hammer! Does it mean Thor will get new hammer or description is just wrong and refers to Jarbjor Thirs Axe?

36 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

They probably won’t. The movie takes place 4 years after guardians 2 

Good point. I don't like gaps in continuity though :angry: