Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

4 minutes ago, The-Daryl said:

I did try actually. But on the CW they line up with the head print (the lines go right from face to ear), on the talon fighter, it doesn't look "bad" just not as cohesive since it doesn't line up. And thanks for the Zod arm printing in LBM tip! I had only glanced at those figs so far going to go look for a pic :)

Mind if you post a picture here the new BP fig using CW BP earpiece, thanks in advance.

Yup, it actually looks good. 

22 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Sanctum

WOW, then it's pretty much just a modular building? This sounds absolutely amazing!

3 minutes ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

WOW, then it's pretty much just a modular building? This sounds absolutely amazing!

I think everyone wants a modular set but realistically, if it was, there wouldn't be separate builds and the price point would presumably be higher

8 minutes ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

Just now, RealGeronimo11 said:

I think everyone wants a modular set but realistically, if it was, there wouldn't be separate builds and the price point would presumably be higher

Let's say it's like really the Avengers Tower from AoU. How much is it, back when it was released?

1 hour ago, The-Daryl said:

Picked up the Black Panther sets earlier (along with a couple of minimates and the Legends figs). The TRU display was facing AWAY from the entrance, tucked in a little side area. It was impressive but hard to find.... (Still featured right as you walked in was Justice League).

Not trying to do a full review but just a few points/thoughts since I just finished the builds:

The smaller set had seals, the larger set was glued (since I always check the seals I was baffled at first). I thought LEGO went with seals for cost effectiveness?

The minifigs are cool. But I don't get why CW Black Panther had more printing (his ear piece was printed, and looked great with Zod legs for a full detailed silver look). Moving backwards always strikes me as odd. Both Panthers are alright though. I would have loved an unmasked face/head (but I'll find one that could pass as T'Challa and purist one eventually). Tactical Killmonger has a generic face underneath the mask which was a little disappointing.  Okoye and Nakia are nice aside from no leg printing (which is more sharply noticed when you look at the minimate set that has them both). Klaue's  cannon is pretty neat. If some of the posts above are correct, and they'll be Shuri's gloves as well, perfectly ok with me :) 

I don't get the rhino. It's a neat little build, but I don't know if it's a robot, a cyborg, or a tamed rhino. The mine cart is future looking and enjoy the design (I might repurpose the Lone Ranger silver mine into a vibranium mine ;) )

The Talon Fighter was actually a pretty fun build, and wonderful swoshability. I might actually grab another 1 or 2 of these if they are used a bit in the film; they really do put the jet from CW to shame (imo). 

I'm very interested to read more about the upcoming IW Wakanda set. I've been a Black Panther (comics) fan for decades... The film, the recent influx of many comic titles, the merchandise, heck, just the display at TRU; all a little surreal to me in a way (in a good way)!

I’m also confused about the rhino. Is it an actual animal or a mech? I’m thinking about picking up another Royal Talon Fighter as well, either without figures or I’ll sell them off. The new figures are less detailed and I wish the Black Panther/Golden Jaguar suits had leg printing.

7 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Let's say it's like really the Avengers Tower from AoU. How much is it, back when it was released?

It was $60.

3 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

It was $60.

Hmmmm how many figs are in it? Yep I can say simillar style to that but definitely bigger. 

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Hmmmm how many figs are in it? Yep I can say simillar style to that but definitely bigger. 

There were 5 figures in that set. Iron man, 2 iron man drones, Thor, and ultron 

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Yes. A good selection of figures and a good build. The build sounds great in the sanctum, but the minifigures are a bit off.

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

I see, thanks very simillar then. 

Hey man btw, Ipmed you in IG for sharing some info. 

Just now, ItamatTheGreat said:

Yes. A good selection of figures and a good build. The build sounds great in the sanctum, but the minifigures are a bit off.

I'm a fan of the Iron Spider only he didn't have dual molded legs but an easy fix, New Iron man with HUD is also awesome, Ebony is cool with new mold for head but it's okay. We are now just waiting for Cull Obsidian. 

Overall it's a great set if you ask me.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Oh, so it does open and close? Not in Modular style, but in Simpsons’ House style? 

6 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

Oh, so it does open and close? Not in Modular style, but in Simpsons’ House style? 

Yes, it does open and close, but excuse me, what's the differece of simpson's style and modular style? 

Not a big fan of those theme. I apologize.

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Yes, it does open and close, but excuse me, what's the differece of simpson's style and modular style? 

The modular buildings has each level pop up so you can see it from above.

Just now, ItamatTheGreat said:

The modular buildings has each level pop up so you can see it from above.

Ohhh, as I've said it's very simillar to avengers tower so I think it's not a modular type of building.

Thanks. I know you have answered numerous questions about the Sanctum already, so I apologize but wanted to ask one more. The Sanctcum building that is similar to the tower...is the set just one building that contains Peter's apartment as one of the levels, the pizza place as one of the levels, etc., or is there a separate building...so the Sanctum building but also a smaller structure that has Peter's apt and the pizza place. Thanks! 

14 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

It’s all good, only two models in the theme so I understand the absence of recognition.

My interest is extremely peaked for the Sanctum now, knowing it will have an enclosed backside. I can’t wait for this set to be revealed! I wonder, will Cull Obsidian be able to fit inside somewhere?

Just now, Aegis2000 said:

It’s all good, only two models in the theme so I understand the absence of recognition.

My interest is extremely peaked for the Sanctum now, knowing it will have an enclosed backside. I can’t wait for this set to be revealed! I wonder, will Cull Obsidian be able to fit inside somewhere?

I really can't answer that. Honestly, I know the set but the big fig of Cull Obsidian is yet to reveal. 

I'll update you guys if I have info.

Hi Spider Jazz! First of all, thank you for your precious info. You said that Obsidian is DEFINITELY a bigfig, but now I understand that you have not seen it ? have I lost a few passes?

Edited by Alberto Brick

2 minutes ago, Alberto Brick said:

Hi Spider Jazz! First of all, thank you for your precious info. You said that Obsidian is DEFINITELY a bigfig, but now I understand that you have not seen it ? have I lost a few passes?

I know for a fact that he's a big fig because he is in the OFFICIAL description saying "new for 2018" big figure.

I've seen the builds for some of the sets. But the official figure of him itself isn't out yet. I bet upto this day only TLG knows about the design. 

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Ohhh, as I've said it's very simillar to avengers tower so I think it's not a modular type of building.

So, I presume that the set utilizes a lot of large wall and window parts, much like 2015's Avenger Tower set? Or does it happen to have finer architectural detailing with smaller bricks, kind of like Creator Expert modulars?

1 minute ago, Digger of Bricks said:

So, I presume that the set utilizes a lot of large wall and window parts, much like 2015's Avenger Tower set? Or does it happen to have finer architectural detailing with smaller bricks, kind of like Creator Expert modulars?

A bit of both? As I said few pages back, it will have a new window piece exclusive for Sanctum, will have a detailed contents, like modular way.

Have you seen the Hulkbuster @SpiderJazz? Is it just a small modification of the last set? Anything else included?

Or anything about the builds in the smallest set with the 2 Outriders, Widow, and Cap?

27 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I know for a fact that he's a big fig because he is in the OFFICIAL description saying "new for 2018" big figure.

I've seen the builds for some of the sets. But the official figure of him itself isn't out yet. I bet upto this day only TLG knows about the design. 

So it could be like Steppenwolf, he too is considered a bigfig from Lego ?