Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

13 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

If we're lucky, we might get to see the IW sets today :sweet: The guys over at promobricks.de managed to get their hands on the new Jan-June catalogue and have announced to post some info later on :thumbup:

Is this catalogue similar to that of the previous one where there was just a page that showed the Infinity War logo, or will this one actually contain the images?

Just now, AmericaLego said:

Is this catalogue similar to that of the previous one where there was just a page that showed the Infinity War logo, or will this one actually contain the images?

I sure hope it's the latter and not the former, but IIRC it were consumer catalogues just like this one that revealed the Civil War and GOTG Vol 2 sets, right? 

Edited by Lego-Freak

24 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

If we're lucky, we might get to see the IW sets today :sweet: The guys over at promobricks.de managed to get their hands on the new Jan-June catalogue and have announced to post some info later on :thumbup:

Is the catalogue the one we already saw?

13 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

Fun is not something one considers during the Thursday work hours...but this does bring a smile to my face.

That, sir, was legendary

There's a Star-Lord minifigure in the picture with Thanos and he looks exactly the same as one from Ayesha's Revenge set. I hope the leaker just uses the old minifigure, otherwise another dissapointing minifigure for IW.

Ps: really like Infinity Gauntlet piece, not at all what I expected.

48 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

There's a Star-Lord minifigure in the picture with Thanos and he looks exactly the same as one from Ayesha's Revenge set. I hope the leaker just uses the old minifigure, otherwise another dissapointing minifigure for IW.

Ps: really like Infinity Gauntlet piece, not at all what I expected.

I own the picture, As I said before I send them too Mario to have it upload. 

Starlord is a repeat figure.

19 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I own the picture, As I said before I send them too Mario to have it upload. 

Starlord is a repeat figure.

Then it's another dissapointment for IW line. Have you seen new Gamora by any chance? Please don't tell me she looks exactly as in GoTG 2 set.

Repeated minifigures aren’t so much a disappointment for me, not if they’re film-accurate. However, I think it’s more disappointing when they take the place of a minifigure that could’ve been included in their place (like Spider-Man in the Homecoming sets, who was included twice over the inclusion of the homemade suit). Star Lord is a cool character, and judging from the leaked trailer I’m guessing he’s prominent in the final battle scene. But...I can understand why some are upset. 

Just now, Aegis2000 said:

Repeated minifigures aren’t so much a disappointment for me, not if they’re film-accurate. However, I think it’s more disappointing when they take the place of a minifigure that could’ve been included in their place (like Spider-Man in the Homecoming sets, who was included twice over the inclusion of the homemade suit). Star Lord is a cool character, and judging from the leaked trailer I’m guessing he’s prominent in the final battle scene. But...I can understand why some are upset. 

I totally agree, does anyone know when exactly we'll get the set info from promo bricks

I’m somewhat suspicious if we will actually receive images from the catalogue. I saw a video of the same catalogue online, however in a different language, and the Infinity War page just had the logo. I do hope I am wrong and images are in fact in the magazine. 

Also on Instagram I saw another Vision minifigure with the cape on and it looks to be the same minifigure from the Civil war line.

1 minute ago, AmericaLego said:

Also on Instagram I saw another Vision minifigure with the cape on and it looks to be the same minifigure from the Civil war line.

It was on MarioPower’s Infinity War page. It would seem he’s another repeat minifigure, though for the Infinity stone he’s an essential minifigure to the wave. 

Edited by Aegis2000

At first I was really disappointed at how large the Infinity Gauntlet was and the fact it was missing a couple gem slots but seeing better images of it I'm happy it has room for all 6 and it actually looks decent on Thanos. It's still oversized but not nearly as bad as I originally thought. I also really like the HUD on Stark's face print, still hate the over-used helmet mold but I love what's underneath. I'm also concerned that Thor is missing his eye patch. Teen Groot looks great but as soon as I saw him and Thor I thought they were customs as something about them just doesn't look like legit LEGO, Thor's prints just don't look glossy and sharp enough and Groot's head looks a little more rough than LEGO usually puts out. 

Edited by ToaDraco

Thanos's Glove looks a lot better seeing the thumb - guess it was just a bad angle. It does not look good from any other direction than seeing the fist when worn by Thanos pointing forward. Need to see the Infinity Stones in the Glove to determine if the choice of adding two to the thumb/side was a good choice - though glad it does have space for all six Infinity Stones (was worried based off initial images)

Hope we see catalogue pictures soon - given the lack of a Cull Obisidian figure being shown i'm starting to expect he is Brick-built. Would be nice getting some confirmation on what to expect from this line

6 hours ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

I totally agree, does anyone know when exactly we'll get the set info from promo bricks

6 hours ago, AmericaLego said:

I’m somewhat suspicious if we will actually receive images from the catalogue. I saw a video of the same catalogue online, however in a different language, and the Infinity War page just had the logo. I do hope I am wrong and images are in fact in the magazine. 

promo bricks got the same catalogue that we saw before. The only difference is that it is in polish instead of Ukrainian. The infinity war sets will have the same logo and no sets as they did in the Ukrainian one

I honestly really like the infinity gauntlet! I’m glad they made new molds for the stones and that they are removable. The scale doesn’t look too bad either on the big fig. It’s a bit big but things are exaggerated in LEGO so I’m happy with it!

2 hours ago, Foxes Productionz said:

We’re going to be waiting a while longer :hmpf_bad:

That's sad. well we just have to wait for those leakers I guess, and as far as I know we only have few figures left.

Now I wanna see the builds, especially Hulkbuster / Sanctum. 

9 hours ago, Scarilian said:

given the lack of a Cull Obisidian figure being shown i'm starting to expect he is Brick-built.

That, I think, would be the most disappointing thing to come out of this already disappointing wave. I really hope Lego actually tries to make 2019's Infinity War 2 line excellent.

Just now, RealGeronimo11 said:

I've seen a couple of posts from mario of Spider-Man with iron Spider arms on his back. Does anyone know if this is real or just a custom?

It’s real. 

I don’t want to get everyone’s hopes up but the entire wave of ninjago season 9 was leaked in a preliminary catalogue. There is a chance that the catalogue could include the infinity war sets or because it is a summer catalogue it could include at least conformation of ant man and the wasp sets

Yes, a few Star Wars images have also leaked. I have word from some who plan to release both the Infinity War images and Harry Potter images. The Star Wars sets seem to be Summer wave, so Spring sets should be in there.

However, none of these are the highest quality of images. I can’t imagine we’ll be able to make all that much of the larger sets, assuming we do get them.

5 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

Yes, a few Star Wars images have also leaked. I have word from some who plan to release both the Infinity War images and Harry Potter images. The Star Wars sets seem to be Summer wave, so Spring sets should be in there.

However, none of these are the highest quality of images. I can’t imagine we’ll be able to make all that much of the larger sets, assuming we do get them.

Still it’s nice to have an idea of what is coming. Do you know if they have ant man and the wasp sets too?