Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

Ebony Maw, Corvus Glaive, Iron Spider and Doctor Strange all look really good and I like the torso print on Iron Man but I am so unbelievably sick of that helmet mold! At the very least they could give us a new faceplate for it. The slightest of difference in printing just doesn't cut it, frankly never has. Especially since the new suit looks much more like the comic version that's more smooth and has an overall different shape to all of the others that have come before(save for the specialized armors of course). I like that they've given Doctor Strange the Bruce Wayne hair complete with printed grey side burns. I am disappointed that they gave him a standard cape instead of the collared cape that he's supposed to have though. Iron Spider's printing looks good but my only complaint with the figure is that it seems to have the exact same faceprint as the normal suit and it would really benefit from some difference in printing to help it look more like armor rather than the same cloth mask. Once again we see another batch of minifigs that have a lot of potential that is hampered by a handful of poor design choices.

9 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

But not all figures need head to toe printing. I don’t think Cap has ever needed leg printing, since his pants barely have any details at all. How would Lego print boots the same color as his pants? Black Widow’s leg printing is definitely not necessary, but it’s nice to have. None of us know how Lego works and chooses to design their figures. The lack of printing could be a financial decision, especially after their profits went down recently. Comparing MCU figures to those seen in the Lego Batman Movie is absolutely ridiculous, since of course Lego will go all out on every figure for a movie they themselves make! They have much to gain or lose depending on how well their own movies do at the box office, but they don’t have anything to gain or lose from the success of an MCU movie. Seeing full printing on figures like Black Panther who really need it would be nice, but I’d rather get a variety of new characters and variants with acceptable to good printing as opposed to old characters with extremely high levels of printing. 

Cap has brown boot, It make a big difference if they can put a little more leg print.

They have done it pretty well with every Hawkeye and Black widow figure. They always have leg print, even they are just a little details.

I still remember that the Sharon Carter minifigure in civil wars looks like she is wearing a pyjamas with her plain light grey leg . ? They can make it better by adding a gun pocket print on her leg. And crossbone is a bad design, it is just getting worst without leg print.

I used to think TLG want to leave more room for improvement, turns out i have a bunch of Cap with the same design. Haha

12 hours ago, InnerRayg said:

"Being lazy" doesn't make sense as a criticism.

It does in context.

But not all figures need head to toe printing. I don’t think Cap has ever needed leg printing, since his pants barely have any details at all. How would Lego print boots the same color as his pants? Black Widow’s leg printing is definitely not necessary, but it’s nice to have.

He's had detail on his shoulder for many movies, yet we never get arm print.
He's had boots and leg detail for many movies, yet we never got leg print.

The figure has barely evolved over the years in terms of gaining more printing while the character has clearly had options for additional printing.

latest?cb=20140331104555review_aoucap_9.jpg

The lack of printing could be a financial decision, especially after their profits went down recently.

Edited by Scarilian

4 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Another picture of infinity war Spider-Man is up. This time is shows off the lack of dual molded legs. The legs just don’t look great 

As I've said in the previous page, If you want a dual molded legs you can use the old legs because it's just missing the simple gold lines, I compared it with the last years fig and literally they just added the gold lines so no biggie to. The main difference is the Torso that they managed to translate into lego form so it's alright.

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I would’ve preferred a new head with a different eye design and the eyes being light blue like Iron Man’s.

Right, that's what the armor is missing, just to know that it's a different armor/suit and in the trailers there's some kinda glow in his eyes.

I just did double check the design on the legs and as I can see the "groin" part now has a printing. So just take off those two dual molded legs (You can use the civil war suit if you have that) and put it on the Iron Spider, atleast you have the printing from the groin and dual molding from the previous suit.

So another picture of nomad (Steve Rogers) is up and is interesting. The top part of the beard is the same color as his hair but then the beard suddenly gets much darker. Interesting move by lego

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

@Falconfan1414 Where did you see that?

Mario has better pictures of Cap.

Am I the only one who's bothered that Steve's hair color is still orange? I mean Chris Evans's hair still looked blond even when it looked darker, so I don't get why Lego's been messing up since the Helicarrier set. Dark tan would surely suit him a lot better, it almost feels like they're just reusing Chris Pratt's hairpieces for him.

@Raptor of Vengeance Saw it, thanks! So not just the star but they've changed alot from the design well it's nice to have a new torso for Capt. I'm also one of the peeps who's actually asking for Cap's hair color but what you can do... At least we do get a new face print. 

9 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So another picture of nomad (Steve Rogers) is up and is interesting. The top part of the beard is the same color as his hair but then the beard suddenly gets much darker. Interesting move by lego

7 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

@Falconfan1414 Where did you see that?

Pics on my Instagram account

Got it bro @agoodfella77, as well as the new pics for Dr. Strange in Infinity War.. so as mentioned before there's no new print ( which is actually alright because it looks decent enough ) just wish that they add a green glow on the necklace. TLBM brucewayne hair works perfectly! Awesome. 

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Got it bro @agoodfella77, as well as the new pics for Dr. Strange in Infinity War.. so as mentioned before there's no new print ( which is actually alright because it looks decent enough ) just wish that they add a green glow on the necklace. TLBM brucewayne hair works perfectly! Awesome. 

I wonder why they aren't using the cape from the Sanctum Sanctorum set

Good question, probs it has something to do bout the plot? or it's just TLG is lame in producing the same cape as the previous fig have.

My guess is they are just lame. lolz

I don’t know if anyone had hope at this point but it turns out the German and American cataloges are not different so we won’t see infinity wars sets for a little while longer 

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

I don’t know if anyone had hope at this point but it turns out the German and American cataloges are not different so we won’t see infinity wars sets for a little while longer 

Oh snap, srsly? that is the only hope... the german catalogue, are we just going to rely on the leaks?

I've seen a peter parker minifig on the Russian website where the original set descriptions were found, Idk how credible it is though. He has a blue sweater, white shirt, and a smirking face. The image is cut off at his face so we can't see his hair piece. Again, I don't know the credibility of this image (BTW this looks different from the Bruce Banner minifig so I know it's not him) Also this is not the same peter parker minifig from 2002/2004, just to clarify.

Edited by TurnOffTheDark

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Oh snap, srsly? that is the only hope... the german catalogue, are we just going to rely on the leaks?

If you look at past cataloges they are the same. So we will have to rely on figures leaking every several days until the sets are revealed mid January/early February 

35 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

I've seen a peter parker minifig on the Russian website where the original set descriptions were found, Idk how credible it is though. He has a blue sweater, white shirt, and a smirking face. The image is cut off at his face so we can't see his hair piece. Again, I don't know the credibility of this image (BTW this looks different from the Bruce Banner minifig so I know it's not him) Also this is not the same peter parker minifig from 2002/2004, just to clarify.

How was it? U'm based on your preference? does it look good? Acurate to Peter we got in trailer or what?

Hopefully you can pass it on Mario so he can upload it.

34 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

If you look at past cataloges they are the same. So we will have to rely on figures leaking every several days until the sets are revealed mid January/early February 

But I remember the GoTG vol2 got leaked in a catalog wherein the language isn't english... if my memory serves me right.

24 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

How was it? U'm based on your preference? does it look good? Acurate to Peter we got in trailer or what?

But I remember the GoTG vol2 got leaked in a catalog wherein the language isn't english... if my memory serves me right.

The gotg vol 2 sets were first leaked in a image of the back of an instruction booklet on January 15 of this year 

4 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I sent a screenshot to Mario, he said it looks fake, but awesome. I like it very much, however I am concerned about the hairpiece being a generic hairpiece

The "Peter Parker" minifig looks like what peter looked like in Civil War (minus the pizza anatomy t-shirt) I do hope it is real as I feel it captures the character decently well

7 hours ago, agoodfella77 said:

Does anyone have the IW set descriptions (link)?

Mario has them and just2good made a video about them that’s still up