Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

Just now, Alberto Brick said:

Finally justice for Infinity War! IronMan gives me the same feeling that gave me the first IM leak of "Age of Ultron": AWESOME! The design on the face is brilliant. Ebony Maw is perfect. I expected the printed face, I'm happy because it is very beautiful. The printed legs work close to Proxima, because Maw has the long dress, it is consistent. SpiderMan is fine. I do not care about the double-press leg, it's still very detailed. Lego wants a room for improvement for the future. Maybe ?. I advise not to fly too high with Black Dwarf, the fall hurts (and I know it well, thanks to the wrong-Thanos). I think it's a brick build, though I hope I'm wrong.

Don't ever mention it to be a brick built, that would suck. We won't be able to display it together if that happens, why did you even say that possibility, it's ridiculous man! 

? I do not want to bring bad luck, bro! But it is a possibility that we must take into consideration. Lego is not always generous. And he likes brick builds very much ? Dwarf looks bigger than Thanos, you need a bigfig like Killer Croc or Rancor, and do you think they do?

2 hours ago, LegoFan117 said:

I really like the figures - but all of them get minor nitpicks from me - the biggest of which is the lack of dual moulded legs on the Iron Spider suit, and the lack of leg print for Cap AGAIN.

All of our MCU Spiderman figures up til now have had super-detailed dual moulded legs, so to stop them now makes the design look less appealing then the initial ones. And the lack of leg-print on Captain America is aggravating considering the fact that we are nearing a time where we won't get these characters again - and they are still not fully detailed.

Some of the figures here look great - like Strange's new hairmould for example. But, this is the biggest Marvel event ever, so in my opinion, LEGO could have done it a lot more justice. I don't know why Marvel minifigures continue to remain the unloved child when it comes to the films - look at the amount of print we get in some of the non-film sets at times!

Why does Cap need printed legs? All he has on his legs are knee pads that are dark blue on top of the dark blue of his suit. Leg printing is completely and totally unnecessary. 

57 minutes ago, Alberto Brick said:

? I do not want to bring bad luck, bro! But it is a possibility that we must take into consideration. Lego is not always generous. And he likes brick builds very much ? Dwarf looks bigger than Thanos, you need a bigfig like Killer Croc or Rancor, and do you think they do?

Height doesn't really stand with LEGO, Star Lord is bigger than Rocket yet they're both minifigures. They'll need a new mold for Black Dwarf/Cull Obsidian, but I don't really feel like LEGO need to take height into consideration. So long as he looks good

Also I am not a huge fan of Strange's new hair piece, would have rather the Superman 2016 hair. Maybe I'll feel differently after better photos release

It is not a question of height, but of proportions. if there were only minifigures and Dwarfs, then we could receive everything. But there's Thanos in the middle, and I do not think they'll have the same size. If the size of Dwarf, in the film, will be in relief (as it seems from the statues of ComicCon) then Lego will have to give importance, and we will have a build. Only my opinion ?

As always, we must take the leaks as simple teasers. The official images will put everything in a better light

2 hours ago, Alberto Brick said:

33 minutes ago, Alberto Brick said:

It is not a question of height, but of proportions. if there were only minifigures and Dwarfs, then we could receive everything. But there's Thanos in the middle, and I do not think they'll have the same size. If the size of Dwarf, in the film, will be in relief (as it seems from the statues of ComicCon) then Lego will have to give importance, and we will have a build. Only my opinion ?

As always, we must take the leaks as simple teasers. The official images will put everything in a better light

Lego doesn't necessarily understand or prioritize height:

Exhibit A: Rocket Raccoon should be half the size of a human. For accurate height they would have had to make a new mold.

Exhibit B: Groot should only be slightly taller than a human. Instead we have a brick built Groot that's as tall as the brick built Giant Man.

Exhibit C: Hulkbuster should be slightly taller than the Hulk. Instead the Hulkbuster is nearly twice the size of the Hulk.

Cull Obsidian will be a big fig. So far the Infinity War minifigs have been all about what's economical. It makes the most economical sense to base the mold on the standard big fig chassis.

As I said before: the problem is not the height, but the proportions. Maybe I explained myself badly, the google translator is not very good ?

Anyway, we'll see, let's bet a beer! I say brick build like Steppenwolf ???

15 minutes ago, Alberto Brick said:

As I said before: the problem is not the height, but the proportions. Maybe I explained myself badly, the google translator is not very good ?

Anyway, we'll see, let's bet a beer! I say brick build like Steppenwolf ???

Please, no. Steppenwolf looked horrible and very chunky and disproportionate. I would prefer the standard interchangeable bigfig mold with a new shoulder/head part for Cull Obsidian like they usually do. I would love a new mold altogether, but I doubt Lego will go that far when they didn’t even make a new mold for Thanos. 

It should be a big figure. There's no way he's a brick built like Steppenwolf? He is not tall as him. He's bigger than Thanos but we're talking about the size not the height. Again it's ridiculous to have a brick built Cull Obsidian. 

Dwarf should be a fully printed new mold big-fig, though i doubt we'll get it.

10 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Is no one else excited for this wave? I feel like everyone is hating on this wave already. I mean if Spider-Man not having duel molded legs or thanos not having as accurate of molding as we would have liked going to prevent people from buying these sets? 

Main thing i buy the sets for a majority of time is the figures, as such my excitement is somewhat lowered. Builds have disappointed me in the past and certain sets like 'Attack Of The Outrider' are similar in nature to army builders where the figures should sell the set. I will say in that respect some of these sets i wouldn't be getting as many as i otherwise would if the figures had more detail. For example, i had an army of the Iron Man Vs Ultron sets and probably have about 90 of the Ultron robots (about 30 of the set) - i may have done something similar with the Outriders if they had gotten more printing. It wont prevent me buying these sets, as i want to have one of each to have the full Infinity War line-up... however it does mean I'm starting to look more at ways of customizing these figures in order to give them the detail they should honestly have and some sets interest me a lot less than they used to. I don't hate it, i'm just disappointed with a lot of it and trying to lower expectations on the figures we are missing.

Edited by Scarilian

What hairpiece is Nomad using? Is it new? I thought it was the Superman hair at first but it doesn’t look like the Superman hairpiece does, but maybe I’m just seeing things. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

20 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

What hairpiece is Nomad using? Is it new? I thought it was the Superman hair at first but it doesn’t look like the Superman hairpiece does, but maybe I’m just seeing things. 

It looks like the extract hair piece that was used for Steve Rogers in the black panther pursuit 

8 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Why does Cap need printed legs? All he has on his legs are knee pads that are dark blue on top of the dark blue of his suit. Leg printing is completely and totally unnecessary. 

Legs and Boots could be done. We've had generic leg-prints for some characters - i.e. did Killmonger need printed legs? No. Whilst they still existed in City sets, it's still an example of a simple pattern receiving a print. Cap is an iconic character, and since his arm printing was avoided despite the fact the concept art he is based on had rolled-up sleeves, it would be nice to atleast get some leg attention. Out of anyone, this is most likely to be Cap's last outing afterall.

As for your other question, Falconfan is right - same hair as used before.

40 minutes ago, LegoFan117 said:

Legs and Boots could be done. We've had generic leg-prints for some characters - i.e. did Killmonger need printed legs? No. Whilst they still existed in City sets, it's still an example of a simple pattern receiving a print. Cap is an iconic character, and since his arm printing was avoided despite the fact the concept art he is based on had rolled-up sleeves, it would be nice to atleast get some leg attention. Out of anyone, this is most likely to be Cap's last outing afterall.

As for your other question, Falconfan is right - same hair as used before.

I must have been seeing things about the hair, then.

I don’t think he needs leg print at all, since it would be black on dark blue and would be barely noticeable. He also doesn’t need rolled up sleeves since we haven’t seen him rocking that look in any part of the movie, only in concept art. 

The new Black Panther international trailer has a shot of the mine carts, and Lego’s version looks very accurate to the film!

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I don’t think he needs leg print at all, since it would be black on dark blue and would be barely noticeable. He also doesn’t need rolled up sleeves since we haven’t seen him rocking that look in any part of the movie, only in concept art. 

The new Black Panther international trailer has a shot of the mine carts, and Lego’s version looks very accurate to the film!

I'm just super-harsh with Marvel figs as they are my favs :grin:

The reason I brought up the concept art is because I believe he is based off it - hence why he is dark blue and not black :)

Iron-Man's alternative expression to the HUD print has a picture now, we finally have a normal and accurate mustache and goatee for Tony. This head should really be the default for Iron-Man figures going forward.

Just now, Raptor of Vengeance said:

Iron-Man's alternative expression to the HUD print has a picture now, we finally have a normal and accurate mustache and goatee for Tony. This head should really be the default for Iron-Man figures going forward.

I fervently agree. This is a great depiction of Tony all around (pun intended).

I think all the figures look great except for Thanos. Seriously, Lego? You couldn't spare a new mold for the biggest villain in the Marvel franchise? We better get an incredible new mold for Thanos in Avengers 4 to make up for this.

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

If Cap's leg print is not necessary, i don't see why Black Widow should have it. :/

it's pretty obvious that the mcu minifigure recently doesn't get the same love from TLG, compare to the other serious (star wars, Justice league , especially lego batman)

mcu figure always missing the leg print or dualmolded arm/leg.

Falcon is the most obvious example. 

Vulture doesn't have any leg print or claws, shocker dosen't even close to the movie at all (that metal hand thing is stupid)

Only Thor get a little leg print for the whole ragnarok series and Grand Master figure is a joke. 

Black panther doesn't have any leg print again, and even losing print on its head piece.

Now Spidey figure are even losing it's dual mold leg. And we will never see a Cap have a dual mold leg for his boot or even a lazy generic leg print. 

I don't know if they are running out of budget or just being lazy. I just expect every main character at least get a fullbody and leg print. I rather pay a bit more to get a fully printed or well designed minifigure.

The MCU figures deserve more love.

Is it just me imagining things, or does Corvus Glaive have translucent arms?

"Being lazy" doesn't make sense as a criticism. It's not like someone was on the schedule to make those prints, and they just skipped that day. If there's no leg prints or dual molding it's a business and financial decision, and has nothing to do with lack of effort. 

Frankly I could see two different arguments that would make sense, either because these are Infinity War sets, they know that they will sell no matter what quality they are, or they don't expect these to sell as well as people think they will, and so going overboard on expenses would be a detriment.

Edited by InnerRayg

3 hours ago, WYC said:

If Cap's leg print is not necessary, i don't see why Black Widow should have it. :/

it's pretty obvious that the mcu minifigure recently doesn't get the same love from TLG, compare to the other serious (star wars, Justice league , especially lego batman)

mcu figure always missing the leg print or dualmolded arm/leg.

Falcon is the most obvious example. 

Vulture doesn't have any leg print or claws, shocker dosen't even close to the movie at all (that metal hand thing is stupid)

Only Thor get a little leg print for the whole ragnarok series and Grand Master figure is a joke. 

Black panther doesn't have any leg print again, and even losing print on its head piece.

Now Spidey figure are even losing it's dual mold leg. And we will never see a Cap have a dual mold leg for his boot or even a lazy generic leg print. 

I don't know if they are running out of budget or just being lazy. I just expect every main character at least get a fullbody and leg print. I rather pay a bit more to get a fully printed or well designed minifigure.

The MCU figures deserve more love.

But not all figures need head to toe printing. I don’t think Cap has ever needed leg printing, since his pants barely have any details at all. How would Lego print boots the same color as his pants? Black Widow’s leg printing is definitely not necessary, but it’s nice to have. None of us know how Lego works and chooses to design their figures. The lack of printing could be a financial decision, especially after their profits went down recently. Comparing MCU figures to those seen in the Lego Batman Movie is absolutely ridiculous, since of course Lego will go all out on every figure for a movie they themselves make! They have much to gain or lose depending on how well their own movies do at the box office, but they don’t have anything to gain or lose from the success of an MCU movie. Seeing full printing on figures like Black Panther who really need it would be nice, but I’d rather get a variety of new characters and variants with acceptable to good printing as opposed to old characters with extremely high levels of printing.