Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

32 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Hahahah got too excited so many typo errors!

But it actually matches the official art that was leaked.

Yes. I fixed them thanks. Was definitely excited

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

That Outrider's new neck bracket piece looks interesting. 

Doppleganger, 6arm spiderman, updated doc ock, better venom etc etc. Very nice piece

The Outrider looks 'ok' - though I'm fairly sure the movie version only has four arms so the six armed appearance for the moment is not accurate. The 'new?' piece used to connect it so the arms are on the back does provide a nice hunched look which works well with the Outriders though. Would still have liked some leg print - especially give the figure having so many detail-less pieces.

Captain America looks 'meh' - the beard does not look filled in, the star is not entirely removed, the lack of dual molded arms is understandable because it's replicating the running scene in Wakanda, the lack of leg print is also understandable but it would have helped to have a darker colour scheme for the suit.

Black Widow looks 'alright' - it's going to take a while to get used to the Black, Blonde and Green appearance, not sure it needed the very obvious zip on the torso piece, leg print works well.

2 hours ago, agoodfella77 said:

Does it? I don't recall seeing green, I thought it was black with grey highlights.

Her new outfit is a dark green. It can be seen in the leaked SDCC trailer images from like a month ago and the Vanity Fair photo shoot. While the sand green is a bit too light, I really like the drastic change in her color scheme and I love the new figure!

Edit: sorry, it’s not very clear in the VF photo shoot but it’s been seen quite clearly to be dark green on concept art and stuff for the movie, as well as in the final trailer shot with Team Cap in Wakanda. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

2 hours ago, agoodfella77 said:

Does it? I don't recall seeing green, I thought it was black with grey highlights.

It does match the color green but like he said ^^ it's a different shade tho it's not a big deal. 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Her new outfit is a dark green. It can be seen in the leaked SDCC trailer images from like a month ago and the Vanity Fair photo shoot. While the sand green is a bit too light, I really like the drastic change in her color scheme and I love the new figure!

Same thing, atleast she has a new printing and that's the good news. I like Lloyd's hair in TLNM for Black Widow lolz 

Just now, Battlinpanther said:

I haven't been keeping up but are we sure the Thanos is legit and not a kitbash? How does it compare to the previous Thanos from the Captain Marvel set?

As Lego took down MARIO powers account over posting the photo of thanos, we are lead to believe its real as Lego wouldn’t take that kind of action if it was fake

15 minutes ago, Battlinpanther said:

I haven't been keeping up but are we sure the Thanos is legit and not a kitbash? How does it compare to the previous Thanos from the Captain Marvel set?

It is real. Lego wouldn't ban Mario and others from posting the leaked figure if it's not legit.

Mario posted a pic comparing the figures to the concept art, which is where the figures are based off and considering that's what the designers are getting it off, they're pretty good

The new bracket piece will be useful but the Outrider is still a very disappointing figure, I can understand if they didn't want to make a new mold for the head but it should have at least had the digigrade legs, I think we've only gotten them twice and they are extremely useful parts! More figs need to be using them. Nomad and Black Widow look good at least, I didn't really expect him to be using the Prince of Persia claw gauntlets but I think it works pretty well. It's kind of unfortunate that the hair color doesn't match his beard print. The hairpiece for widow is quite fitting I think and I like the torso print. I'm still not super impressed with the Thanos bigfig but Proxima Midnight is definitely growing on me. I think her hair/tiara piece is pretty spot on as well as her faceprint and the more I look at pictures, she really doesn't need leg printing. Her design I think just has more difficulty translating into minifig form without looking like a patchwork figure from a parts bin, that's not really LEGO's fault.

Edited by ToaDraco

35 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

The new bracket piece will be useful but the Outrider is still a very disappointing figure, I can understand if they didn't want to make a new mold for the head but it should have at least had the digigrade legs, I think we've only gotten them twice and they are extremely useful parts! More figs need to be using them. Nomad and Black Widow look good at least, I didn't really expect him to be using the Prince of Persia claw gauntlets but I think it works pretty well. It's kind of unfortunate that the hair color doesn't match his beard print. The hairpiece for widow is quite fitting I think and I like the torso print. I'm still not super impressed with the Thanos bigfig but Proxima Midnight is definitely growing on me. I think her hair/tiara piece is pretty spot on as well as her faceprint and the more I look at pictures, she really doesn't need leg printing. Her design I think just has more difficulty translating into minifig form without looking like a patchwork figure from a parts bin, that's not really LEGO's fault.

I don’t see the need for the Outriders to have those weird legs. We haven’t seen their legs in the movie as far as I know and I like the figure quite a bit, as it’s a unique army builder. I would’ve preferred a bit of leg print but the awesome way they did the extra arms makes up for it in my opinion. I’m kind of just ignoring the existence of the Thanos figure and will likely continue to use the Avenjet one if we don’t get a movie accurate version in this wave. 

Love cheap ways to get Hawkeye's legs. Widow looks awesome! I thought Cap was gonna suck but he actually looks pretty cool. Outriders look great 2. Might pick up 2 of the smallest packs tbh.

Just now, TurnOffTheDark said:

these figures that keep being leaked only amplify my excitement!! Just wait until the Iron Spider set leaks, and I will most likely have a heart attack lol

Have high expectations for the Iron Spider... anything other than full printing would be a disappointment - especially considering how good the Civil War and Homecoming Spider-man is. Hopefully we get that Outrider piece in red/blue/gold and a few of the gold skelly arms so we can have Iron Spider with the arms (even if it's not in the movie would be nice)

Same thing, my money is on Iron Spider. 

They had with homecoming, so there's alot of time to perfect that printing not just with conceptual arts of Infinity War.

I'm really excited about that Spidey fig. Only problem is he's in the most expensive set. 

3 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Same thing, my money is on Iron Spider. 

They had with homecoming, so there's alot of time to perfect that printing not just with conceptual arts of Infinity War.

I'm really excited about that Spidey fig. Only problem is he's in the most expensive set. 

That set does have a lot riding on it - considering prior levels of printing;
Doctor Strange - Torso and Leg Print (Better torso print)
Iron Man - Torso and Leg Print
Spider-Man - Full Printing

Ebony Maw and Cull Obisidian i'm not sure what to expect. I'd hope that Cull Obisidian is a fully printed new big fig and that Ebony Maw has printed torso, legs and a new head... fingers crossed we'll see the sets soon.

Just now, Scarilian said:

That set does have a lot riding on it - considering prior levels of printing;
Doctor Strange - Torso and Leg Print (Better torso print)
Iron Man - Torso and Leg Print
Spider-Man - Full Printing

Ebony Maw and Cull Obisidian i'm not sure what to expect. I'd hope that Cull Obisidian is a fully printed new big fig and that Ebony Maw has printed torso, legs and a new head... fingers crossed we'll see the sets soon.

Honestly I think Doctor Strange torso is good as is, but face and hair could be significantly improved.

And if Tony Stark is in Sanctum Santorum set he should be in his new outfit we saw in trailer since he probably wears newest armor variant in that Thanos battle set.

Iron spider iron man and Corvus Glaive leaked! Iron spider doesn’t have duel molded legs...

Edit: sorry I think it was ebony maw that leaked

Edited by Falconfan1414

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Iron spider iron man and black order member leaked! Iron spider doesn’t have duel molded legs...

I like them very much, even though Spider-Man's lack of dual-molded legs is really really disappointing...

I really like either ebony maw or Corvus glance which every one of them leaked. Iron spider and iron man are good figures but I like the black order member the best

Daym I knew it! this figures are crazy awesome. 

At last! That HUD printing on Ironman's face. Love et! 

How about that Iron Spider! lack of dual molding but still it's awesome! tho a legs swap will do the thing.

Ebony Maw! I don't like the head.. it should be a different mold but what you can do. this is lego.

The figs are really bad. I know those aren’t HD but they look like bad Chinese reproductions (those would probably even look better). 

Meh.