Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

Again that's just speculation because you weren't happy with one Thanos that leaked. As someone else stated, the Darksied mold would work fine for a armourless Thanos template. 

Anyone else remember seeing anything about Iron Mans Mk43 when the set descriptions came out? No (although it could easily be the variant in the Sanctum). Nobody saw it coming because nothing about it was mentioned beforehand. A second Thanos is completely possible

Damn right. Alot of characters aren't mentioned in the leaked description but I won't be surprised if we end up getting them. We're on the same page where we don't know what's coming until we see the full content/ catalog so I must say that we'll have to wait and IF EVER THAT THIS IS THE ONLY THANOS THAT WE ARE GETTING FOR THIS WAVE. WE'LL JUST HAVE TO ACCEPT THE FACT THE THERE WILL BE NEXT YEAR.. 

Printing Thanos on the Darkseid model would have been even worse! He would have an inexplicable helmet, or a head without a helmet but with a hideous shape ?

I think this time we could have 3 IronMan: Lego has always made 2 armor for the group's films, and in fact appears in the two larger sets. Then there is Hulkbuster, and this armor-not completely new-without Tony inside. It could go with Hulkbuster, leaving the other 2 slots 1) for the armor seen in the trailer, and 2) for one to reveal ?

Edited by Alberto Brick

Just now, NetherCreeper said:

Well, the full catalog is out. There are no infinity war sets in it,  just the movie logo.

I stand corrected, full reveal or unveil :laugh:

The design for thanos is not wrong... I found concept art and a statue from a marvel booth at Brazil comic con where thanos has at least a helmet on 

Edited by Falconfan1414

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

The design for thanos is not wrong... I found concept art and a statue from a marvel booth at Brazil comic con where thanos has at least a helmet on 

Mind if you can link it here. :laugh:

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Mind if you can link it here. :laugh:

Here is the image from the Brazil comic Con. I’m not sure if this was used at concept but it could give another reason for why Lego thanos looks the way he does. It actually looks a lot like the leaked thanos

2BE46E38-5EBD-43C1-88CF-DAC7F6F2B96A.jpeg

Edited by Falconfan1414

On 7/12/2017 at 6:11 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

Here is the image from the Brazil comic Con. I’m not sure if this was used atconcept but it could give another reason for why Lego thanos looks the way he does. It actually looks a lot like the leaked thanos

Can someone translate those words that flash out on the screen? 

It is Thanos but it doesn't look like Infinity War (Brolin) Thanos... morelike GoTG or Avengers Thanos (that is played by a different actor) And as for the helmet sculpt, It is nowhere identical to the leaked fig Thanos

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

I don't get what the big deal is. helmet or no helmet, he still looks pretty decent and remember, we still haven't seen the film so we don't know what changes to his wardrobe there are

3 hours ago, Alberto Brick said:

Printing Thanos on the Darkseid model would have been even worse! He would have an inexplicable helmet, or a head without a helmet but with a hideous shape ?

Considering that Thanos was created as a second-rate knockoff of Darkseid, this would have been the funniest and most appropriate thing Lego could have done!

Perhaps if we do have a D2C set, we could get the version of Thanos we see in the trailers and all the other figures like Bucky, Drax, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, etc

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

It is Thanos but it doesn't look like Infinity War (Brolin) Thanos... morelike GoTG or Avengers Thanos (that is played by a different actor) And as for the helmet sculpt, It is nowhere identical to the leaked fig Thanos

Avengers is the only one Brolin hasn’t done, it was definitely him in GotG. Bear in mind that CGI will vary slightly, even with the same concept. The live action actors’ looks change from film to film, and I would bet that their concepts are easier to maintain.

Just now, RedHoodPug said:

Avengers is the only one Brolin hasn’t done, it was definitely him in GotG. Bear in mind that CGI will vary slightly, even with the same concept. The live action actors’ looks change from film to film, and I would bet that their concepts are easier to maintain.

Right. But what i'm trying to say is, that props really belongs to Infinity War? Because it could have been props for GoTG or Avengers..

It doesn't match the leaked figure. that big fig doesn't have a circular hole in the center of his helm.

8 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Perhaps if we do have a D2C set, we could get the version of Thanos we see in the trailers and all the other figures like Bucky, Drax, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, etc

And how about a store exclusive just like they did with Spidey in Civil War that no one knows except J2G.

anything is possible because  full sets aren't reveal yet.

This is from a Ninjago 2018 set that sells for $49.99 - it's an official image and several of the official images are already on Brickset so should be fine sharing;
WzbVOFR.png

The set with Thanos is €79.99, that's works out to higher than the Ninjago set, and yet Thanos has barely any detail... the main villain who has been built up for several movies has less detail and effort than Thor Ragnarok's Hulk who only appeared for a fight scene in the outfit we got. What the heck happened?

Thanos deserved a better figure than what the leaks imply is what we are getting.

Edited by Scarilian

On 7/12/2017 at 10:17 PM, Scarilian said:

This is from a Ninjago 2018 set that sells for $49.99 - it's an official image and several of the official images are already on Brickset so should be fine sharing;

The set with Thanos is €79.99, that's works out to higher than the Ninjago set, and yet Thanos has barely any detail... the main villain who has been built up for several movies has less detail and effort than Thor Ragnarok's Hulk who only appeared for a fight scene in the outfit we got. What the heck happened?

Unfortunately, apart from maybe Star Wars, Lego have always tried harder on brands that they own like Ninjago, Nexo Knights, TLM, TLBM. I mean, there are some exceptions but I think they could try harder on other stuff

Edited by LuxorV

5 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

This was concept art and a sculpt for GOTG Thanos, who was in fact played by Brolin.

5 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

This was concept art and a sculpt for GOTG Thanos, who was in fact played by Brolin.

Gotcha. 

I know that he played Thanos in GoTG. I'm pointing out that it is not identical with the fig that was leaked considering it is Infinity War Thanos. 

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Gotcha. 

I know that he played Thanos in GoTG. I'm pointing out that it is not identical with the fig that was leaked considering it is Infinity War Thanos. 

Yeah, hopefully he wears his helmet at some point to justify this figure but I doubt it. I hope we get an exclusive armor-less Thanos in the D2C. Does that set also have a March 1st release date? 

On 7/12/2017 at 10:17 PM, Scarilian said:

Thanos deserved a better figure than what the leaks imply is what we are getting.

Pretty obvious they put their money where they expect the most return. That's kind of the key thing everyone in this topic seems to miss.

They act like this movie will sell more toys than Lego has ever done before...but the company pays experts a lot of money to figure out what's going to produce profits and what won't in an unbiased way. If you want these highly detailed, super accurate designs the cost has to be justified. If they're not putting a ton of effort into these, it's because they don't see a reason to.

And frankly, what a bunch of adults have been waiting ten years for means diddly to a company that's catering to people who haven't been alive for ten years.

Edited by LuxorV

16 minutes ago, InnerRayg said:

And frankly, what a bunch of adults have been waiting ten years for means diddly to a company that's catering to people who haven't been alive for ten years.

That's... a very witty way of putting it. :oh: :head_back:

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 9:41 AM, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Thanos was confirmed to be the villain in Avengers 4 as well, so I hope we get an accurate helmet-off version in 2019. 

This isn't quite the place to ask, but here we are: where did you get that info? I don't think I've heard that yet...

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 11:59 AM, Alberto Brick said:

Ok, let's assume it starts with the armor, then it takes it off and puts the glove (unlikely): it's still in the "Final Battle" set, so it still does not make sense.

The recycling does not make any sense. Lego Batman Movie and Gladiator Hulk have set a new standard of detail and precision for bigfigs. You can not go back

Wear the glove at the end of Age of Ultron. And he attacks Thor at the end of Ragnarok. It will have the gem of space very soon! There is no time to make a "final battle" set without a glove ?

Glad you're getting lots of use from that eye-rolling emoticon :thumbup: