Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

The $20 USD price point for 76099 is confirmed. It is now available for January 1 preorder on Walmart.com.

The $30 USD price point for 76100 is confirmed. It is now available for January 1 preorder on Walmart.com.

On 11/30/2017 at 12:07 AM, Falconfan1414 said:

It’s a translucent 1 by 2

I don't think so but it's really hard to tell in the image. It's either a 1x1 trans blue brick or a 1x2 trans blue tile, in the images I can find the angle he's holding it make it difficult to tell. Regardless the Infinity War trailer threw my theory out the window. 

On 11/29/2017 at 11:46 PM, agoodfella77 said:

Are we sure that Klaue's hairpiece is the Bruce Wayne one? It wasn't so clear to me from the released set pics. It does look that way, but I was actually hoping it was a new hairpiece.

compare images of it to the Bruce Wayne hairpiece, it's definitely the same one.

On 11/30/2017 at 7:22 AM, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Killmonger definitely doesn’t have the Tesseract, and the only falling scene in the Black Panther trailer was T’Challa and Killmonger falling into the vibranium mine during their battle. For all we know, the final movie design could be blue for the light up suit. I do like the blue but the purple is super cool as well. The Funko POP figure also has blue, and those are usually very accurate to the character’s movie appearance so maybe the Lego figure will be accurate as well. 

I’m warming up to the rhino! It looks pretty good although I’m still not a huge fan of the molded legs on a brick built body. The mine cart is nice, and hopefully we get a more roller coaster pieces in light bluish gray so we can extend the mine build. Did we ever find out if this rhino is a robot or an actual animal? 

I rewatched the trailer and I guess it was the mines I was seeing, wow they really looked like nebulae to me. I really did not expect the mines to be so extensive and... glowey, I was under the impression vibranium was a silver colored ore, not blue glowing crystals. That seems rather silly but it does look cool. The blue tron lines might appear on one version of the suit in the film but the purple definitely looks better and we know for sure that one is in the film. It'll be interesting to see the reasoning for having 2 of them do exactly the same thing but with a different color.

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

I don't think so but it's really hard to tell in the image. It's either a 1x1 trans blue brick or a 1x2 trans blue tile, in the images I can find the angle he's holding it make it difficult to tell. Regardless the Infinity War trailer threw my theory out the window. 

compare images of it to the Bruce Wayne hairpiece, it's definitely the same one.

I rewatched the trailer and I guess it was the mines I was seeing, wow they really looked like nebulae to me. I really did not expect the mines to be so extensive and... glowey, I was under the impression vibranium was a silver colored ore, not blue glowing crystals. That seems rather silly but it does look cool. The blue tron lines might appear on one version of the suit in the film but the purple definitely looks better and we know for sure that one is in the film. It'll be interesting to see the reasoning for having 2 of them do exactly the same thing but with a different color.

Well, we can’t be certain the purple lined suit is in the finished movie. We all thought Hela destroyed Mjölnir in an alley, and then a month before the movie we found out the location had changed. And we’ve known since the first set images that Killmonger was holding a 1x2 trans light blue plate, since several could be seen in the accessories part of the out of box picture. 

The piece is a trans-blue 1x2, with studs. 

So the two Black Panther sets have a total of 3 builds, 587 pieces, and 7 minifigures...for $50 USD. That’s a really great wave in my opinion, with no repeat minifigures, and in proportion of less than 10¢ per piece. I hope this trend continues into the Infinity War wave!

3 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

The $20 USD price point for 76099 is confirmed. It is now available for January 1 preorder on Walmart.com.

The $30 USD price point for 76100 is confirmed. It is now available for January 1 preorder on Walmart.com.

Those price points should never have been in doubt. :)

Both are also available for pre-order from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Toys 'R' Us, and several EU sites. Thanks for the heads-up!

Edited by Azani

5 hours ago, Azani said:

Both are also available for pre-order from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Toys 'R' Us, and several EU sites. Thanks for the heads-up!

I can't find them on amazon ):

8 hours ago, Azani said:

I heard some speculation about the mine, given it’s use of new and larger pieces, that it could be slightly higher. Just confirming the information, now that we have it from a retailer.

Edited by Aegis2000

2 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

I can't find them on amazon ):

If you're on Amazon.com (US), they should come up with a lego [#####] query.

1 hour ago, Aegis2000 said:

I heard some speculation about the mine, given it’s ise of new pieces and larger pieces, that it could be slightly higher. Just confirming the information now that we have it from a retailer.

No worries; I wasn't aware of that. I simply went off of what I had learned early on. Apologies if I sounded rude there.

You weren't kidding with the Amazon results. Official pics and everything. I'd say these are fair to share.

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Superheroes-Rhino-Face-Off-Building/dp/B075SDMJWH

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Superheroes-Fighter-Attack-Building/dp/B075SD9MJF

Here are the official set pics if anyone didn't see them before they were taken down or wants more images of the sets. There are tons of pics up, so I'm just posting a few here.

a9df55fd-ab91-4ffe-88c3-957d583f3ce8._SRb4740a90-c994-4e31-bb09-671291246c78._SR81zrQzK5z1L._SL1500_.jpg192dc2cf-aaf7-492d-bcf0-7495ae1e40dc._SR00be46af-7ba0-438c-b124-70e93be20435._SR81njEUnsMuL._SL1500_.jpg

24916236378_86c12804b1_b.jpg24916255358_ba537d974e_b.jpg

Looks like the Royal Talon Fighter has a prison compartment - pretty neat! Maybe it can double as seating space for BP himself if Nakia is piloting.

The prison compartment feature was mentioned in those super accurate leaked descriptions, but I will definitely use it as some extra seating. Not a fan of the ship really, I'll probably just end up making a modded "Microfighter" version using the polybag.

Rhino build is cool but still nothing special. Mining cart looks super cool and detailed especially considering the size constraints. 

Figures look great but the Black Panthers - excluding the "Golden Puma" - are still probably my least favorites though. I'll continue using the Civil War variant as my go-to

I actually really like the Royal Talon Fighter, it has a really unique look to it. Although the shaping could have been a bit better - it looks like it's supposed to be wider from what we've seen in the trailers.

I also like the Royal Talon Fighter but the shape is a bit wrong: the ship in the movie is wider. I'm going to buy the set for the pieces and make a more accurate and bigger ship myself! :classic:

Darn, the ring pieces do have a designated spot for holding.  That means they won't be useful as a structural or connective piece.  But they still are a cool accessory and can be used for decoration, so that's a plus!

I hope we get a good look at Killmonger's face underneath that mask.  I'm curious what kind of head they used for him, or if it is a completely new print like Nakia and Okoye.  Hopefully it's new since the character has a goatee in the movie.

Then again, that didn't stop LEGO from reusing the Gandalf head for Hank Pym :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Dr Axels

3 minutes ago, Dr Axels said:

I hope we get a good look at Killmonger's face underneath that mask.  I'm curious what kind of head they used for him, or if it is a completely new print like Nakia and Okoye.  Hopefully it's new since the character has a goatee in the movie.

Then again, that didn't stop LEGO from reusing the Gandalf head for Hank Pym :hmpf_bad:

I won't get my hopes very high, I'll give TLG a 50/50 chance using a new print. 

Just now, legosamsonite said:

Watch it be shockers head :(

Actually. i don't know if someone already posted this but Shocker's head is different from Starwars generic black head. You can search it if you want. But I assure you it's a two different print. 

Still hopes we get Killmonger's new face print. 

6 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

Watch it be shockers head :(

I was thinking of that when I wrote my original post :laugh:

44 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Actually. i don't know if someone already posted this but Shocker's head is different from Starwars generic black head. You can search it if you want. But I assure you it's a two different print. 

Still hopes we get Killmonger's new face print. 

Bricklink says its not exclusive

Just now, legosamsonite said:

Bricklink says its not exclusive

Weird, I remember MGF customs actually pointed out that one from IG or YT. I forgot where.

Just now, Aegis2000 said:

Wow, does she look good! 

The torso print armor isn’t nice, ant the gold arm is interesting. The purple hair seems bright, clashes a bit, but I like it.

I'm personally in love with the hair piece, everything else for me can be described as "meh" it is cool that we are starting to get leaks of the IW sets though

Edited by TurnOffTheDark