Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

Just now, ToaDraco said:

Wow those Black Panther sets look fantastic! I'm pleasantly surprised by how good Klawe looks though I wish they would've used the new cyborg arm from JL instead. It's great to get TLBM Bruce Wayne hairpiece in a cheap set too and it looks great for Andy Serkis. The Royal Talon looks great and I love how they used a bunch of old Bionicle fins along the sides to give it that distinct look. That rhino though... truly a thing of beauty and far better than I expected. I'm glad we are seeing those animal leg pieces being used again outside of the one Star Wars set. The mine cart seems like such a silly inclusion as it can't go very far though it is well designed and gives us one of the new roller coaster pieces in a useful color. The minifig selection overall is fantastic with both versions of Killmonger( I honestly assumed they were going to use the new Ninjago Kabuki mask mold with a new color and print rather than make a new mold), BP with his glowing Tron-esque lines although they reeaally should be purple not blue!

Are we sure that Klaue's hairpiece is the Bruce Wayne one? It wasn't so clear to me from the released set pics. It does look that way, but I was actually hoping it was a new hairpiece.

18 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Is it just me or does Killmonger have the Tesseract in the Rhino set!? That would certainly explain some of those trippy falling into space/dimension/void scenes from the Black Panther Trailer...

It’s a translucent 1 by 2

The dimension scenes you refer to, are they the ones with the purple skies?

Because that's something every Black Panther has to go through, getting the blessing of the Panther god. Awesome stuff.

Edited by Tanuki

7 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Wow those Black Panther sets look fantastic! I'm pleasantly surprised by how good Klawe looks though I wish they would've used the new cyborg arm from JL instead. It's great to get TLBM Bruce Wayne hairpiece in a cheap set too and it looks great for Andy Serkis. The Royal Talon looks great and I love how they used a bunch of old Bionicle fins along the sides to give it that distinct look. That rhino though... truly a thing of beauty and far better than I expected. I'm glad we are seeing those animal leg pieces being used again outside of the one Star Wars set. The mine cart seems like such a silly inclusion as it can't go very far though it is well designed and gives us one of the new roller coaster pieces in a useful color. The minifig selection overall is fantastic with both versions of Killmonger( I honestly assumed they were going to use the new Ninjago Kabuki mask mold with a new color and print rather than make a new mold), BP with his glowing Tron-esque lines although they reeaally should be purple not blue! 

Is it just me or does Killmonger have the Tesseract in the Rhino set!? That would certainly explain some of those trippy falling into space/dimension/void scenes from the Black Panther Trailer...

Killmonger definitely doesn’t have the Tesseract, and the only falling scene in the Black Panther trailer was T’Challa and Killmonger falling into the vibranium mine during their battle. For all we know, the final movie design could be blue for the light up suit. I do like the blue but the purple is super cool as well. The Funko POP figure also has blue, and those are usually very accurate to the character’s movie appearance so maybe the Lego figure will be accurate as well. 

I’m warming up to the rhino! It looks pretty good although I’m still not a huge fan of the molded legs on a brick built body. The mine cart is nice, and hopefully we get a more roller coaster pieces in light bluish gray so we can extend the mine build. Did we ever find out if this rhino is a robot or an actual animal? 

Okay, let's narrow down all of the options for the D2C set:

Sanctum Sanctorum - probably not, because we'll already get a normal set based on this building.

Wakanda - very likely, because the main battle takes place over there and there's not a set based on this important scene.

Milano - also very likely, because the Milano is featured in the movie and is an iconic ship.

Quinjet - probably not, because the Avengers are disassembled and the Quinjet is their ship.

Avengers Mansion - also probably not, because of the same reason as the Quinjet.

If my reasoning is correct, there are 2 options for the D2C set: Wakanda or The Milano.

35 minutes ago, Winter Soldier said:

Sanctum Sanctorum - probably not, because we'll already get a normal set based on this building.

Wakanda - very likely, because the main battle takes place over there and there's not a set based on this important scene.

Milano - also very likely, because the Milano is featured in the movie and is an iconic ship.

Quinjet - probably not, because the Avengers are disassembled and the Quinjet is their ship.

Avengers Mansion - also probably not, because of the same reason as the Quinjet.

If my reasoning is correct, there are 2 options for the D2C set: Wakanda or The Milano.

The reason i don’t see them doing the Milano is because it’s an avengers movie not a guardians movie. In this movie the guardians are more supporting characters. 

3 hours ago, Winter Soldier said:

From the news we have right now, it sounds like we have no sets set on the unidentified red planet. That’s an easy contender for the D2C, since it’s where the Guardians, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, and maybe others are fighting Thanos. I wouldn’t object to a D2C build of the Sanctuary II or the huge circular ship in the trailer, though! 

:hmpf_bad:

Guys—take the speculation over to the Future Marvel discussion thread. This thread is for discussing the sets we actually know are being released, only. 

Thanks. 

30 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

From the news we have right now, it sounds like we have no sets set on the unidentified red planet. 

I believe “The Search for Thor’s Weapon” was set on the red planet? 

Box art will definitely confirm, regardless of contents

Nidavellir often in Thor comics is usually shown to be a red planet (full of rocks and mountains) as well as being the home of the dwarves, the makers of Thor's weapon (coincedentally also the name of the set) Nidavellir is also known as Svartelfheim, or Dark Elf Home.

6 hours ago, Winter Soldier said:

Wakanda maybe, but I doubt it because we've got Black Panther sets, Two Wakandan sets for IW, also the only important Wakandan thing is the fields (in trailer that's where the battle takes place) Milano I doubt because this isn't a Guardians film. Avengers Mansion might make it in, actually. Quinjet I doubt as well. Sanctum Sanctorum no way, already a set - also, we've already got two milanos - but that's just my thoughts. As a die-hard Rocket Raccoon and GOTG Fan , though, I'd adore a D2C Milano, but I'm already thinking of buying that moc.

Edited by Tanuki

^We've already gotten two warnings about speculation. Let's ignore the D2C right now, or it could be three strikes and we're out. We have plenty of info about the other six retail sets to discuss. 

Edited by Aegis2000

24 minutes ago, Tanuki said:

I can't wait to pick up another Rocket Raccoon variant to add to my collection!

Probably just going to a repeat of the one from the Taserface set. 

I love the new Mighty Micros! The Spider-Man one is decent, and while it wasn’t on my list I might have to pick it up to make a custom homemade Spidey suit. Thor vs Loki is awesome with cool cars, and the figures look to be their classic versions. Star-Lord vs Nebula is also pretty cool. I love the car builds again and they’re perfect mini versions of a Necrocraft and Milano! 

That Thor vs Loki one is very cool. An easy way to make yourself a comic Loki. Nice! The cars could have been better though, and i think it is a shame if you make a comic thor but don’t give him his helmet with wings. 

Sandman vs scarlet spider is also nice.  I like the vehicle for Sandman. Plus i think his shirt works much better this way than the one we’ve already got, so thanks lego! Thumbs up! 

I like the minifigures a lot this time around, but unfortunately (or maybe it’s fortunately?) nothing compels me to buy these. No new characters or molds, and only big, basic, detail for torsos. They still don’t appeal to me.