Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

On 11/28/2017 at 2:19 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Nope. The guy who posted this on instagram said that it is from a very reliable source, and also he was the guy who firstly posted Black Panther minifigures.

Disregard response

Edited by Aegis2000

As far as i recall the Ant-Man and The Wasp boxes were just black boxes with a logo. Very easily could be fake. Regardless, not really worth discussing until we see more.

2 hours ago, N_Cat said:

Hey guys, check the top of the Rhino box: is it just me (or an illusion), or does Okoye have toe claw prints on her legs that you could easily swap onto Black Panther?

Does seem that way... three claw prints on the front of the 'feet'. Nice spot there.

Edited by Scarilian

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I don't think so. Can you find it anywhere?

I’m pretty sure it was confirmed on instagram to be a fake. They reposted the picture to show it was poorly photoshopped. Agoodfella77 later confirmed they were fake too I believe.

Edited by Invincible_LEGOMAN

The lack of leg, arm, and “ear” printing really bring these sets down....pretty disappointed. And why is Klawes torso white? Why wouldnt they make it navy blue and print the white collar onto that?

Edited by Ultron

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

As far as i recall the Ant-Man and The Wasp boxes were just black boxes with a logo. Very easily could be fake. Regardless, not really worth discussing until we see more.

Does seem that way... three claw prints on the front of the 'feet'. Nice spot there.

Okoye definitely doesn’t have feet printing. It must be an illusion or something, because Lego wouldn’t give a figure completely plain black legs except for a tiny spot of printing on the toes. 

4 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

I agree. Just like the Thor wave, I’m happy to see there were no repeats included. It absolutely serves as a motivator for me to purchase the sets. Hopefully we can avoid this (at least for the most part) in the Infinity War wave.

Maybe Lego will make battle damaged variants! Think of how cool that'd be. It is a major fight with a villain they have been building up for 10 years now. As far as I know a minifig with a battle damage aesthetic has never been done in the super heroes line (correct me if I'm wrong, I am about 70% sure)

Just now, TurnOffTheDark said:

Maybe Lego will make battle damaged variants! Think of how cool that'd be. It is a major fight with a villain they have been building up for 10 years now. As far as I know a minifig with a battle damage aesthetic has never been done in the super heroes line (correct me if I'm wrong, I am about 70% sure)

You could say that the silver centurion is battle damaged as tony has a black eye and damaged face in the polybag

Edited by Falconfan1414

A battle damaged Iron Man would be cool for the Infinity War sets, seeing as he's supposed to appear in two sets. Off course this could just mean two different armours, but I'd love to see a damaged helmet

Wasn't too impressed when the pics first popped up on Reddit, but now looking at the high quality pictures the sets are really growing on me. I like that they're both cheap too, I expected the ship to be at least $40 when I first saw it. Also the mine set is giving me Temple of Doom nostalgia, the cart is built very similarly to the ones in that set.

Not sure if this is commonplace with other themes for the 60 year anniversary, but I quite like the addition of the bricks amidst the Marvel Super Heroes logo in the top left. Really cool effect added to the box, in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

A battle damaged Iron Man would be cool for the Infinity War sets, seeing as he's supposed to appear in two sets. Off course this could just mean two different armours, but I'd love to see a damaged helmet

That's exactly what I was thinking, I would also like the idea of a battle damaged hulk buster suit or ship

I still can't believe they didn't make a claw piece for Black Panther....seriously that's the most integral part of his fighting. 

I would have liked to see a claw piece, like Ultron said, but similarly I can kind of understand why they didn't. For two sets, as well as the fact Black Panther also uses martial arts as well as his claws it makes sense that he doesn't have any. Klaue's arm piece looks wierd and off to me, even though it seems to large for the character depicted in the trailer. Killmongers mask is incredible, but would have liked a new hairpiece for him. I can already tell how many stickers will be on that Talon Fighter tho :(

1 hour ago, Aegis2000 said:

Not sure if this is commonplace with other themes for the 60 year anniversary, but I quite like the addition of the bricks amidst the Marvel Super Heroes logo in the top left. Really cool effect added to the box, in my opinion. 

I've noticed that also for the Creator line next year, with less or nearly no heading border for the box art. I guess it sort of started with The Lego Ninjago Movie sets for this year.

Edit: Never mind, you were talking about something else. But hey, that is rather interesting. 

Edited by Digger of Bricks

As someone new to the forums, I'll do my best to give my thoughts on these two sets, both of which look really well-priced and brilliantly designed - also, props to Lego for making both set have exclusive figures, and two variants of Killmonger and Black Panther based on the differing costumes in the movie and trailer.

Rhino Face Off by the Mine - this set looks rather decent, although I find the Rhino kind of unnappealing, and I'd almost rather it had no armor. Alas, I still find the high tech armor cool enough. Each minifigure looks great, the vibranium minecart is awesome, and I almost can't decide whether I prefer Black Panther's or Killmonger's suits! As Ultron and DerpWolf mentioned, I am upset with the lack of claws but that's a nitpick. Looks about 7/10, probably won't buy so I can get the Rocket Raccoon set that will come with Infinity War.

Royal Talon Fighter Attack - this looks far better. The Talon Fighter is a design that I haven't seen anywhere before, and the figures are great. Killmonger's mask is amazing, Klaue looks decent and they've nailed his arm thing (but maybe a teeny bit big) as well as Black Panther. I know there will be too many stickers, but I'll be alright to deal with that. That Killmonger mask could be used to make an African totem build, as well. I'm annoyed that we don't get a new hairpiece, but that's another nitpick. All in all, this looks about 8/10 and I'll probably buy it after something else. 

1 hour ago, Battlinpanther said:

I was skeptical because of the Minifigs, but the Black Panther sets look great.

They do, don't they?

Also, I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post this, but my theory on the Infinity War D2C set will be some form of Avengers Compound - or maybe the Sanctum Sanctorum or a not-MCU Avenger's Mansion from the comics. In the 2017 thread, some one has posted that it might be a Milano (as well as an awesome Milano MOC) but I don't think that'll be it. If this was Guardians 3, they might do a UCS Milano, but it's an Avengers film and given how little time the Milano appeared in GOTG 2 (for about twelve minutes) I'd imagine that unless it plays a massive role in Infinity War, it won't be happening. Who knows, though. I would like an official UCS Milano, because I'm considering buying some instructions for that MOC otherwise. 

Edited by Tanuki

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Nope. The guy who posted this on instagram said that it is from a very reliable source, and also he was the guy who firstly posted Black Panther minifigures.

Without knowing of the context, I would never trust random people whom I've met on Instagram. You should probably do the same. :)

Those images were pretty clearly fake, IMO, and it's bizarre that they got as much traction as they did.

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I don't think so. Can you find it anywhere?

Well, both CM4Sci and MarioPower debunked it pretty thoroughly on Instagram...

Looking forward to that brick-built Rhino in 70699. :)

Edited by Azani

10 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

Right, they were from agoodfella77

11 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Woah, woah. Let's hold up a minute. I want to set the record straight on a couple of things because there has been a lot of information flying around the past week,

1) When I posted the Black Panther minifigures (both variants) and the Killmonger variant -- I said that I was ~99% sure these were official figs (from my trusted initial source).

2) This was independently confirmed by multiple sources (i.e. sources who I trust) -- giving me an even higher level of confidence (call it 99.99%)

3) I backed up my confidence even further when I was able to privately view the leaked pictures of Boxed Sets which have now become public (100% at this point).

4) Now do I feel vindicated that I have been proven right? You're damn right I am. Particularly in the face of those who called out my integrity (not here but elsewhere on social media) -- when I knew full well these were real -- but I had to keep my mouth shut since I had promised not to reveal that I had seen these sets before they became public. So I sat, and waited.

5) So, I think this is where some confusion comes in -- I have made comments about the veracity (and my level of confidence via trusted sources) -- about the BP figs and sets ONLY. Perhaps THELEGOBATMAN has made this confusion -- at least that is what I am thinking.

Now -- as for the Ant-Man and Wasp sets -- I have no information about those -- I had reposted a very grainy post of it earlier on my Instagram -- but I had ZERO information about them and NEVER vouched for their authenticity.

It has now been made clear to me (from the sources I trust) that this earlier pic of those 2 sets were likely photoshopped and not real. Hence my earlier comment on this thread:

14 hours ago, agoodfella77 said:

Are the 2 Ant-Man and Wasp sets confirmed? I have been hearing conflicting things on this.

In fact, this was a comment I had replied to you, Aegis2000, about any confirmation about the Ant-Man sets that you had mentioned in this very thread earlier.

Further, here in this very thread we have another member who acknowledges that I had already confirmed that I believed these were fake:

9 hours ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

I’m pretty sure it was confirmed on instagram to be a fake. They reposted the picture to show it was poorly photoshopped. Agoodfella77 later confirmed they were fake too I believe.

So I'm not sure why you would say that "agoodfella77" is the one vouching for these sets, when I clearly had been questioning the veracity of these sets earlier? That's more than a bit of a head scratcher to me I've got to say out loud here -- but as long as there weren't any negative intentions, no harm, no foul.

I hope this sets the record straight.

One might ask, why is this a big deal? It's big deal to me because when my reputation or credibility comes into question (which it has recently due to all of the Black Panther speculation all over social media -- particularly Instagram -- where people were calling me a flat out liar) -- that is not cool.

I take pride in what I post in public -- whether its a MOC or my view or any other form of contribution. I will absolutely not have my name sullied -- and perhaps that is not the intention at all here -- which is why I am setting the record straight.

Edited by agoodfella77

It just occurred to me that we actually see two shots of the Vibranium mine in the trailer, including what appears to be the mine carts. 

If you don't mind me asking, around what time do the mine shots appear? I want to compare it so I can judge the accuracy.

13 minutes ago, Tanuki said:

If you don't mind me asking, around what time do the mine shots appear? I want to compare it so I can judge the accuracy.

99% chance they're talking about the thing that appears to be a MagLev train that rushes by and separates Panther and the suited-up Killmonger near the end of the second trailer.  Apparently even Wakandan mine carts are so advanced they beat Japanese bullet trains, which is pretty cool .

2 hours ago, Borex said:

Those cool rings came a bit too late for Sonic :-(

Absolutely! As I said, I can see this being an incredibly useful piece.

@agoodfella77I never had any negative intentions, nor did I mean to spread faulty information. I seem to have skimmed over the quote from you, that it was from you, and continued to recall seeing them on Instagram. If they were disproved, I hadn’t been made aware. You have been very reliable and bountiful lately with the emerging leaks for Black Panther, and they’re greatly appreciated!