Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

Here follows are the current confirmed upcoming Lego Marvel Superheroes themed sets, for early 2018 release:

Additional Content Forthcoming...

Edited by CopMike
Removed on request from TLG - leak.

So, we have 3 Mighty Micros, 2 Black Panther sets, 6 Avengers: Infinity War sets, and 1 Avengers: Infinity War D2C set.

(Just in the direct Marvel Super Heroes theme, not including Juniors or Duplo)

Edit: Just saw the set descriptions up above. I cannot believe the Vibranium Mine is 200+ pieces! I don’t see too many in that rhino, nor the mine track build.

Also, @Captain Nemo, the prices for the Mine and Talon Fighter, respectively, are $19.99 and $29.99 according to Brickset.

Edited by Aegis2000

36 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

So, we have 3 Mighty Micros, 2 Black Panther sets, 6 Avengers: Infinity War sets, 1 Avengers: Infinity War D2C set, and 2 Ant-Man and the Wasp sets.

Edit: Just saw the set descriptions up above. I cannot believe the Vibranium Mine is 200+ pieces! I don’t see too many in that rhino, nor the mine track build.

Also, @Captain Nemo, the prices for the Mine and Talon Fighter, respectively, are $19.99 and $29.99 according to Brickset.

Are the 2 Ant-Man and Wasp sets confirmed? I have been hearing conflicting things on this.

52 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Finally! Can we also discuss the leaked Mighty Micros and Juniors set here? 

Discussion yes, picture posting no. 

@Aegis2000 Thanks. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Aegis2000 said:

So, we have 3 Mighty Micros, 2 Black Panther sets, 6 Avengers: Infinity War sets, 1 Avengers: Infinity War D2C set, and 2 Ant-Man and the Wasp sets.

I think it was hinted that we would be getting more than 6 infinity war sets as well

27 minutes ago, agoodfella77 said:

Are the 2 Ant-Man and Wasp sets confirmed? I have been hearing conflicting things on this.

There was a leaked catalog image of two boxes, both bearing the film logo.

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

I think it was hinted that we would be getting more than 6 infinity war sets as well

True, just2good said he believes there’s at least one more. However, I was just focusing on what’s confirmed.

Just now, Aegis2000 said:

True, just2good said he believes there’s at least one more. However, I was just focusing on what’s confirmed.

The catalog image was fake.

love the look of these 2 sets! It seems with the Lego batman movie out of the way we’re getting some quality back in the wider superheroes lines! That ship is great! And that rhino is so random but looks so good, our first lego rhino? Or atleast armoured one 

Hopefully we see the Infinity War sets soon, the trailer is basically confirmed for Thursday at this point as the countdown is on '2' and the Jurassic World 2 trailer has been pushed back away from Thursday.

Rhino Face-Off by the Mine;
The figures are lacking in detail but the Rhino looks nice even though the legs feel like a mistep and would have preferred the brick built legs used in Chima sets. The small mine build actually looks like it could be fun. I believe those are new rail pieces similar to the Joker Mansion set? If so then it'd be useful to have some more of them. The most interesting pieces for me are the black Nexo Knights mech pieces used for the minecart. Though the figures are'nt the best i'm leaning more towards getting this set than the other set.

Royal Talon Fighter Attack;
This one is a bit more disappointing - primarily as the main build is likely covered in stickers. The figures are once again disappointing - the best aspect being Killmonger's mask though the colour scheme seems off. Klaue would have been better with a new arm piece or at least some new weapon piece - as the hand-held weapon piece he has seems too large to represent his sonic arm cannon. The vehicle has some interesting pieces but not sure i'm really liking the design - and i dont think it has enough visible unique pieces to justify a purchase.

Edited by Scarilian

13 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

- as the hand-held weapon piece he has seems too large to represent his sonic arm cannon

Maybe for comic Klaw, but the movies robotic hand has only merely been teased at with the first trailer. Seeing as the piece isn't new, it isn't going to be 100% accurate, but we don't know the full scale or size of his hand yet

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

Maybe for comic Klaw, but the movies robotic hand has only merely been teased at with the first trailer. Seeing as the piece isn't new, it isn't going to be 100% accurate, but we don't know the full scale or size of his hand yet

Maybe it is larger in a different scene, but we see him fire it in the trailers and it looks like it's a fairly small weapon - honestly looks like it would be more suited to using a lego lightsaber piece attached to a flesh/shirt coloured Cyborg's arm.

klaue-black-panther-1038563.gif

40 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

Yeah that image was fake. It’s likely we will get Ant Man and the Wasp sets but not confirmed. 

Actually I think that piece works for klaw. Mainly because unlike the comics, the sonic canon is in his hand not just a canon. Given the molds we have, this works. With all the new molds and stuff probably in the infinity war sets, this mold works. Also infinity war trailer will be realeased tomorrow 

Just now, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Yeah that image was fake. It’s likely we will get Ant Man and the Wasp sets but not confirmed. 

Oh? That’s unfortunate. 

Just now, GeekByKnight said:

I'm still dissapointed that the crown pieces don't have printing...

You and me both, it really adds something to the Civil War variant.

I love how both sets have exclusive figs! It gives us as the buyers more incentive to purchase both, and that is exactly what I plan on doing!

Also, is there any way this may come out in mid to late December?

Edited by TurnOffTheDark

Just now, TurnOffTheDark said:

I love how both sets have exclusive figs! It gives us as the buyers more incentive to purchase both, and that is exactly what I plan on doing!

I agree. Just like the Thor wave, I’m happy to see there were no repeats included. It absolutely serves as a motivator for me to purchase the sets. Hopefully we can avoid this (at least for the most part) in the Infinity War wave.

Edited by Aegis2000

Hey guys, check the top of the Rhino box: is it just me (or an illusion), or does Okoye have toe claw prints on her legs that you could easily swap onto Black Panther?

Also, are Nakia's rings just an accessory with a single grab-point, or are they smooth rings with constant bar-width? Because the latter would be amazing for building.

Marvel is going to drop the trailer for IW tomorrow. So we might get to see some more details on the IW sets.

Imo the BP sets look great. I'm definitely going to get the Royal Talon Fighter and maybe the other set too. 

2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

The catalog image was fake.

Nope. The guy who posted this on instagram said that it is from a very reliable source, and also he was the guy who firstly posted Black Panther minifigures.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Nope. The guy who posted this on instagram said that it is from a very reliable source, and also he was the guy who firstly posted Black Panther minifigures.

I swear someone on this forum debunked it.

76099 Rhino Face-Off By The Mine
Wow, this looks so awesome! Minifigures are fantastic, glowing Black Panther suit is much better than normal variant, Golden Jaguar is amazing and Okoye looks really good. Rhino looks really cool, and vibranium mine cart looks incredible!

76100 Royal Talon Fighter Attack
This looks amazing! Blacl Panther is okay, I like second variant much more, Nakia looks awesome, Killmonger looks fantastic, but really? No hairpiece? Not so nice. Klaue looks incredible! I love his chatacter and this minifigure! Royal Talon Fighter looks really awesome and I like it!

Just now, Whovastron said:

I swear someone on this forum debunked it.

I don't think so. Can you find it anywhere?