CommanderGrimm

LDD Simple Y-wing

Been working the past few days on a small, simple Y-wing. The idea is that, instead of spending nearly $150 on 3 TLG y-wings I could instead design my own, cheap versions for army building. The plan is to, at Christmas, open up a Bricklink package and have the pieces for three of them, which is why they have to be simple and inexpensive. In total there are three: One normal-sized vessel, one slightly smaller and stubbier, and another that I made to resemble a Hasbro Y-wing toy for a battle pack idea. However, I can't decide on which one to mass produce. Any suggestions would be great, and please, help me decide!

#1 is the battle pack.

#2 is the normal-sized one.

#3 is the slightly stubbier one.

rbuh1JS.png

WCs19oe.png

Slightly stubbier one is nicest.

Might want to switch out the cockpit, I think the one you have with that printed design is the most expensive.

1 hour ago, TWP said:

Slightly stubbier one is nicest.

Might want to switch out the cockpit, I think the one you have with that printed design is the most expensive.

It's about 26 cents on bricklink: not the most cost effective, but looks better.

Just now, CommanderGrimm said:

It's about 26 cents on bricklink: not the most cost effective, but looks better.

Oh, that's not that bad indeed!

I really appreciate the simple effective and clean builds you have. All work vary well. Nice job. I would do the battle pack one. I love that you included a mecanic with it, also Have you tried swapping the nose on number 2 and 3?

6 minutes ago, EnderWiggen said:

I really appreciate the simple effective and clean builds you have. All work vary well. Nice job. I would do the battle pack one. I love that you included a mecanic with it, also Have you tried swapping the nose on number 2 and 3?

Thanks! I've considered changing the noses of the larger ones, but I haven't gotten to it yet. Speaking of the Battle Pack one, here's a new version of it.

AgYGvun.png

Nice, may I suggest using a shorter staff or bar for the brown/copper toubbing? The longer one seams a bit off to me but that may just be me.

With a small, medium, and large y-wing here in my "simple" series, let's add in a UCS size model! Only partially through, I think this one is less of an army builder and more of a fun experiment.

yxh7vfb.png