Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[COR - Nov FB] Lighthouse and Pilot's Station, Jameston

24824265698_bdc830ec13_c.jpg

The entrance to Vanilla Bay is a relatively safe one, the channel being sufficiently wide and deep. There are some rocky outcrops off the Southern headland however, and on one of these the Settlement of Jameston has constructed a Lighthouse. Shipping arriving at night are advised to keep the light on their starboard side to avoid running foul of these rocks, especially when the harbour is shrouded in a tropical mist. The light itself is an oil powered lantern, encased in a glass lens to magnify the light. The station is maintained by Royal Marines, and at any time a Royal Navy Petty Officer is available to board visiting ships and provide pilot services into the bay and advice on the best anchorages (the larger commercial wharfs are still all under construction.)

--------

And a normal picture!

38640952086_dfd25284a8_c.jpg

Licensed as a medium commerce in Jameston by the settlement. Feel free to mock my attempts at digitally adding some fog and the light!

That's a nice lighthouse... the level are well alternate with the "structural shrinkage" (if someone real english speaker could understand and correct please)

What does it sell ? as a commerce :devil:

Edited by Professor Thaum

Lovely lighthouse Ayrlego!  Straightforward construction style but it looks great! :thumbup: 

3 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

...Feel free to mock my attempts at digitally adding some fog and the light!

Oh, I'll do better than that...

24828647348_4430c6373f.jpg

:pir-grin:  (If you happen to want the full size, it's here.)

Really nice lighthouse, Ayrlego, the offsets and slopes look great (as do those light tan masonry bricks!) :grin:  The water is quite nicely done too :thumbup:

And that's a neat edit too, Kai!  Not sure you had to take the computer all morning to do it, though :tongue:  Jk... :laugh:

4 minutes ago, Garmadon said:

And that's a neat edit too, Kai!  Not sure you had to take the computer all morning to do it, though :tongue:  Jk... :laugh:

Shhh!!! Everyone is supposed to believe it only took me 30 seconds! :pir_tong2:

Very nice lighthouse! And I won't mock your attempt at fog and such, because we were of similar minds this weekend, as I will be posting a lighthouse shortly, too. But I totally abandoned any attempt at a night scene or lighting or any such digital enhancements.

And I like that you included a description of the lighting system in your text.

:thumbup:

1 hour ago, TheCubbScout said:

Siblings amirigt? :laugh:

:grin:

(So you are!)

15 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

That's a nice lighthouse... the level are well alternate with the "structural shrinkage" (if someone real english speaker could understand and correct please)

What does it sell ? as a commerce :devil:

I think you mean it tapers [to become smaller or thinner toward one end] as it gets higher?

As for license - see my justifications here:

14 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Oh, I'll do better than that...

Thanks Kai! I toned down the light a bit compared to yours as I figured it probably wouldn't be that bright! But I do love the lens flare in yours!

13 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Really nice lighthouse, Ayrlego, the offsets and slopes look great (as do those light tan masonry bricks!) :grin:  The water is quite nicely done too :thumbup:

Thanks Garm!

11 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Very nice lighthouse! And I won't mock your attempt at fog and such, because we were of similar minds this weekend, as I will be posting a lighthouse shortly, too. But I totally abandoned any attempt at a night scene or lighting or any such digital enhancements.

And I like that you included a description of the lighting system in your text.

:thumbup:

Thank you Capt Wolf - Great minds think alike right!

5 hours ago, Elostirion said:

I like! It all. MOC, picture, digital additions. Nice work.

Thanks Elos!

5 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Thanks Kai! I toned down the light a bit compared to yours as I figured it probably wouldn't be that bright! But I do love the lens flare in yours!

:pir-laugh:  Yeah, mine's probably a little overboard.  But Corrington technology is surely pretty powerful? :pir-wink:  It took me quite a while to figure out how to get the right flare, but I've always wanted to know how that's done so it was time well spent. 

Lovely tower lighthouse! I like the tan brick-bricks alternating with white bricks, remind me of a multi-layered cake.:laugh: