Jespy

[MOC/MOD] Dual Bay Fire Station Modular 10197

Evening all.

To go along with my new fire engine MOCs, I wanted to adjust the 10197 fire station to have dual bays. So, while feeling very sorry for myself with flu over the weekend - my girlfriend and I got to work!

It wasn't a particularly difficult job - we simply recessed the centre back one stud and built a second supporting frame to tie in with the remaining buildings. All in probably took about 300 pieces to do. I was given a free 'off brand' 10197 by a friend of mine (the same friend who gifted my an off brand 10246 that I'm desperate to replace with the real deal...) so I used the bricks from that to mock up the design and have now placed a bricklink order for the real replacements!

The only thing I'm not 100% sure about is the centralised flag between the two bays. In and of itself it doesn't look too bad in that position, but I dont know whether it may look better being centralised with respect to the building instead!

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks

*Also I'm aware the baseplates are warped. I got them in a job lot from eBay and am replacing them with a modular road system once christmas has come and gone!

2 Bay 10197 MOC2 Bay 10197 MOC

Really dig the dual bays, very nicely done. Regarding the flag... well, let me try something.. wait... :-)

Just very, very quickly done. Maybe that would be an idea... having the flag over the entrance - including the rest as well.

24815624718_f7ff99e22d_b.jpg

Edited by GCO

I really like the idea of having to bays, but can't help to think that the door in the middle, and the bays on the sides, would look better. Just a thought.

Anyway, very nice job.

Looks great! Would be good to have a top down view of the interior with the engines in and out.

That looks absolutely brilliant, sadly I came to modulars too late to get this one before the prices went through the roof... maybe one day!

Nicely done. I am beginning to like asymmetrical builds, but I do like fluidity, so I agree with GCO. That was my first thought. Move the central tower over the door and keep the rest uniform above the dual bays. Even keeping the flag centered between the bays works of the rest looks centered also.

I changed mine into firehouse 23 from Ghostbusters filming location but I have given thought to changing it to something different with less symmetry.

Keep up the good work. I may have to look back at this for inspiration.

I think that it would look better with the two bays on the left and right, with the door in the centre.  But apart from that, really nice.