After seeing the video of Sariel with his new track, https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/150840-gaz-3351-articulated-tracked-vehicle/&tab=comments#comment , I thought to make a specific sprocket. Then the time passed and I did something else.
But lately, a young boy with a lot of enthusiasm pushed me to bring out this project from the bottom of my drawers. I want to thank him here.

Here is the result :

Edited by oracid

Briliant! Have you tried it on one of your tanks? How good is it under some/heavy load? I will definetly try it out. Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Thank you all !

27 minutes ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Briliant! Have you tried it on one of your tanks? How good is it under some/heavy load? I will definetly try it out.

Well, Sariel has already done some tests. I think this track is really good. But I say, it is 50% more heavy than my track.

One day, may be, I'll make something like this in a DIY way.

2 hours ago, oracid said:

Thank you all !

Well, Sariel has already done some tests. I think this track is really good. But I say, it is 50% more heavy than my track.

One day, may be, I'll make something like this in a DIY way.

I agree, the track is fantastic (and heavy) but I meant your sprocket  - does it grab the track well under heavy loads? Or does it skip? I am asking this, because you've shown only "air" test and not, lets say, "up your stairs" test ;-)

Best regards,

Miha

8 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

I agree, the track is fantastic (and heavy) but I meant your sprocket  - does it grab the track well under heavy loads? Or does it skip? I am asking this, because you've shown only "air" test and not, lets say, "up your stairs" test ;-)

Unfortunately, I have not enough of this parts, ref 45590, to make a a big tank.
But, if you look at the Sariel test, here

, you can see that it climb a slope with 2.4kg weight and a complex vehicule.
If I will make a new big tank, which is already 2.5kg, this track it will add about 1kg.
This is too much for the big Lego servos, but may be not for the track.
But as you maybe know I am not an exclusive Lego maker. So if I am making my mind to do something, it will be most with a custom track that I am thinking about. I mean, a new track based on this Lego track principe.
But anyway, I never found something better than my "D joint" for grip.

About the sprocket, may be it will not grip the track with heavy weight because of the big elasticity of track, so it could slip !

My english is not good, hope you understand what I mean.

Edited by oracid