Didumos69

[WIP] Greyhound - 4WD RC Buggy with BuWizz 2 - Redesigned wheel hubs

That looks much better. I didn't really like the engine cover before, but it's great now. Those axles are a nice finishing touch. :thumbup:

You should do a render with this, the Hammerhead, and Steppenwolf. All the animal-themed friends! :grin:

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons

this build is so f*cking sexy! ive been absent from the forum for a while but this is a great pleasure to come back to! excellent work.

Thanks @Offroadcreat1ons and @Isak!

12 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

You should do a render with this, the Hammerhead, and Steppenwolf. All the animal-themed friends! :grin:

Here you go...

960x264.jpg960x264.jpg

I just figured that everything orange could easily be replaced with black or white.

EDIT: Removed images

Edited by Didumos69

I like the black version a lot.... If you have the panels allready I would go for black.

The orange one is cool too... (and you probably have the panels from the Porsche set)

(First buy I did apart from a few sets was getting me a bunch of black panels)

These all look amazing which is a testament to the excellent design.  I look forward to seeing how it performs with additional weight.

Do you plan to make instructions?

1 hour ago, Permo said:

I like the black version a lot.... If you have the panels allready I would go for black.

The orange one is cool too... (and you probably have the panels from the Porsche set)

(First buy I did apart from a few sets was getting me a bunch of black panels)

I will go for the orange, but will buy the panels in black too, so I can switch. I was thinking of a different name for the black version: Scratmobile :wink:.

1 hour ago, technic_addict said:

These all look amazing which is a testament to the excellent design.  I look forward to seeing how it performs with additional weight.

Do you plan to make instructions?

Thanks! Yes, I will be making a photo sequence and maybe I find someone to make PDF-instructions.

On 3/26/2018 at 6:48 PM, IA creations said:

A blue and black color scheme would look awesome I think :wink:

If you leave some parts black, medium blue would be an option. I also checked dark azure, but the big panels in the hood are not available.

EDIT: removed images

Edited by Didumos69

That is the winner! (or dark azure even better if possible...)

Spoiler

000Bwilkey-buggy-shreddylyfe.jpg

Yup, definately medium blue!

Maybe play around with some bright contrast color instead of the white stripe? Red for example would work well with medium blue and there are red rims as well...

How about some flashy yellow/black combination Bumblebee style to make use of the construction vehicle parts? :)

On 3/27/2018 at 10:38 AM, agrof said:

That is the winner! (or dark azure even better if possible...)

On 3/27/2018 at 2:58 PM, IA creations said:

I'd say bult it in blue

On 3/27/2018 at 4:34 PM, TechnicRCRacer said:

Medium blue would look the best, and most panels (if not all) are available in that color, and some beams too!

On 3/27/2018 at 7:32 PM, Rudivdk said:

Yup, definately medium blue!

On 3/27/2018 at 11:37 PM, Pvdb said:

The blue one looks great I think.

I was quite enthousiastic about medium blue myself too, but I'm afraid I was a little too quick with my conclusions about parts availability in medium blue. Turns out it's the liftarms that don't exist in this color. I also tried with dark azure, but some panels and some liftarms are missing in that color as well (I really hate the fact that LEGO switched form medium blue to dark azure). I even tried with different shades of blue, but there are simply too many parts missing.

On 3/27/2018 at 7:32 PM, Rudivdk said:

Maybe play around with some bright contrast color instead of the white stripe? Red for example would work well with medium blue and there are red rims as well...

On 3/28/2018 at 12:39 AM, technic_addict said:

I was thinking maybe lime with black accents might also look really good.

On 3/28/2018 at 12:50 AM, kbalage said:

How about some flashy yellow/black combination Bumblebee style to make use of the construction vehicle parts? :)

Over the last 2 days I played around endlessly. A few things I concluded:

• A black roof is not an option, it would take out the contrast of the tubing along the sides of the roof and the roof itself.
  • I tried all kind of accents, lime, yellow, but nothing really worked, except for the accents I already have: the yellow 3L levers in the rims, the yellow shocks and the stripe running from nose to tail.
  • The only color split I find acceptable is roof-hood vs. flanks. A color split in the flanks ruins the flow of the body and makes it too crowded. The body is too minimal to be multi-colored.

Taking these conclusions and parts availability into account, I made a short-list of color-schemes, which can be found is this album. It lists the following roof-hood / flanks / rims combo's:

1. Orange / orange / black
  2. White / white / black
  3. Medium blue (only roof) / white / black
  4. Medium blue (only roof) / white / red
  5. White / white / red
  6. Red / red / red
  7. Red / red / black
  8. Black (hood only) / yellow / yellow
  9. Medium blue / blue-black / black

EDIT: Changed and added a few combo's.

Please let me know your favorite! Personally I like the medium-blue (only roof) / white / black combo the most.

Edited by Didumos69

I really liked the medium blue versions, too bad some parts aren't available. I don't care too much, it's your model, but if it were my model I would prefer a rare color over a common color. So I'd probably go with medium blue where possible, but I also understand the limitations so orange is fine too. I'd rather have complete orange (as you had on page 9) than half medium-blue (because then the rest will be black or white, and those are overused already in Technic).

My vote goes to ORANGE (1. Orange / orange / black). But if you are leaning towards blue, 4. Medium blue (only roof) / white / red is the way to go.

Edited by pagicence

6 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

Taking these conclusions and parts availability into account, I made a short-list of color-schemes, which can be found is this album. It lists the following roof-hood / flanks / rims combo's:

1. Orange / orange / black
  2. White / white / black
  3. Medium blue (only roof) / white / black
  4. Medium blue (only roof) / white / red
  5. White / white / red
  6. Red / red / red
  7. Red / red / black
  8. Black (hood only) / yellow / yellow
  9. Medium blue / blue-black / black

EDIT: Changed and added a few combo's.

Please let me know your favorite! Personally I like the medium-blue (only roof) / white / black combo the most.

Thanks for taking the time to go through some possibilities and finding out which colours exist.

I like several of them and would have difficulty choosing between orange/orange/black, white/white/black, and the yellow one looks really nice as well.  I know the large yellow panel doesn't exist in the new panel but it does exist in the old panel with hole 44350/51.  Do you think it would be easy to modify with that panel?

Edited by technic_addict

#8! Wu-Tang represent! :laugh: 

Seriously, I love the black/yellow combo. 3 and 4 would work well if the rims were brown, as it's a complimentary colour for light blue.