KikoTube

Chevrolet C10 1972 / WIP - Physical Model

Just now, KikoTube said:

Yes, there was no simple way to connect them with the links stable

That's what I figured. That axle looks a lot better than the first, I can't wait to see the rest. 

Thanks Guys! :blush:

3 minutes ago, Immo said:

Roadkill is where I get 90% of my enthusiasm and knowledge about cars and modifications. And inspiration for building Lego cars and overcoming technical issues.

I love those guys for their authentic passion for everything they do, they are so natural compared to all the staged 'reality TV' about cars you see everywhere.

hehe, the same for me with a german car Show :grin:

Yes, they seem to be very likeable...

5 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Perhaps you should build it like Unimog U400 only with big ball joint inverted and without portal hubs. Frane 5 x 7 could be cinbected with ball joint like on your posted image above...

Hmm, i don't think this would be a good idea. I wanna build it as original as possible, so i'll continue with this axle. 

2 hours ago, KikoTube said:

Thanks Guys! :blush:

hehe, the same for me with a german car Show :grin:

Yes, they seem to be very likeable...

Hmm, i don't think this would be a good idea. I wanna build it as original as possible, so i'll continue with this axle. 

I understand what you mean. I just have thought that you can connect ball joint and frame with diagonal placed beams...

10 hours ago, KikoTube said:

I'm gonna decide after I tested the Suspension :classic:

smart decision :thumbup:

16 hours ago, KikoTube said:

I'm gonna decide after I tested the Suspension :classic:

What shocks are you using?

3 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

What shocks are you using?

Hmm, i will test it. But I think i'll take two yellow shock Absorbers. One per link. There is not much weigth on the back i believe :classic:

Just now, KikoTube said:

Hmm, i will test it. But I think i'll take two yellow shock Absorbers. One per link. There is not much weigth on the back i believe :classic:

Ok, if there is not much weight, do soft shocks, they will allow the truck to flex well.

1 hour ago, Aventador2004 said:

Ok, if there is not much weight, do soft shocks, they will allow the truck to flex well.

Agree, yellow ones are hard so they will be better at the front

Finally! So I basically have a few thousand dollars worth of technic lego sitting around for this reason and this reason only. For six years I have been trying to build this truck. If you search Chevy c-10 on here you will see my attempt. I've been able to replicate the body pretty well but I'm not good at the technical aspect. I've currently built a body out of system lego's and have been trying to come up with a basic chassis. Please please please finish this! I can't wait!

On ‎29‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 6:18 PM, Aventador2004 said:

On ‎29‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 8:08 PM, I_Igor said:

Agree, yellow ones are hard so they will be better at the front

Probably you are right... :wink: i'm gonna test it.

On ‎29‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 9:52 PM, Rodzilla4 said:

Finally! So I basically have a few thousand dollars worth of technic lego sitting around for this reason and this reason only. For six years I have been trying to build this truck. If you search Chevy c-10 on here you will see my attempt. I've been able to replicate the body pretty well but I'm not good at the technical aspect. I've currently built a body out of system lego's and have been trying to come up with a basic chassis. Please please please finish this! I can't wait!

Puh! :grin::wink: So you are the biggest Chevy-Fanboy here, aren't you :tongue:

Would you mind sending me a link of your Topic, i didn't find anything about it.

I'll finish it for sure!

So here's what i've been working on the last days. The first 3 Chassis attempts were not very stable. This issue is fixed now, but now the next Problem appears... THE SPRINGS!! :laugh: 

800x415.jpg

As you can see, ist pretty hard to implement the springs between Chassis and Links. Note: LDD-File is at Maximum suspension travel

Any Ideas?

Edit: My twohundred and twentysecond Post :grin:

Edited by KikoTube

If you scroll down there are a couple of links in here that have a few pictures. Although I basically stopped posting here because I'm computer illiterate and could never get pics resized or to actually post. If you want I could find you on Facebook and I could send you all the pics on there. And yes, I am a 67-72 Chevy c-10 freak! To me, they are the most beautiful truck ever built and my first vehicle was a 72 fleetside two tone blue and white. Your chassis already looks better and more real than mine ever did. I struggled with fitting suspension as well, but mine was slammmed on the Porsche wheels. Let me know if you have a Facebook and I'll share with you all the techniques I used. Thanks for building this! I first saw this topic on my birthday! What a present!

@Rodzilla4 Wow, that Looks pretty nice *huh*. Im not sure if mine is going to be as good as yours! :thumbup:

I would be interested in some tips, I sent you my email via PM. Would be cool to see something more!

As for Progress:

• 1 Servo and 1 XL included
  • Stabilized the chassis
  • simplified the trailing arms

Simple and realistic Chassis...

800x415.jpg

As always comments and critism appreciated! :classic:

Hello Guys,

To be honest, I didn't think that the suspension would work properly. But today i built the chassis, and i have to say.. It's realy awesome; simple and effective.

Here are some pictures:

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Looks like you were able to build you LDD quite nicely!  I am glad that it worked out for you.  

One thing I have to point out, the bed of the truck looks like it is too far past the rear axle.  I guess it really depends on how long you are making the truck, but that is my opinion.  

Nice work!

@Isak Thank you very much!

6 hours ago, aminnich said:

Looks like you were able to build you LDD quite nicely!  I am glad that it worked out for you.  

One thing I have to point out, the bed of the truck looks like it is too far past the rear axle.  I guess it really depends on how long you are making the truck, but that is my opinion.  

Nice work!

Thanks, I am building with blueprints. And it fits to them pretty nicely. But i agree, it looks a bit longer in this perspective. Here's a picture:

bpvergleich.jpg

Actually I made the Chassis a bit shorter to build the rest with basic bricks. Thanks for your Comment!

Edited by KikoTube

Hello Guys, 

I may present you the finished Chassis:

Featuring:

• XL motor
  • servo motor
  • independent front suspension 
  • Back suspension: live axle with trailing arms and Watt's linkage

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

Comments and Critism appreciated!

I absolutely love the watts linkage. Front suspension looks good as well. Does the front half of the chassis have any slack or is it secured pretty tight? Also, any chance youd be willing to use sandpaper on a 3l axle and replace that 2l red in the steering shaft?

Hey @Isak

The whole chassis is very stable. If i press it down in the middle, front and back springs move togheter without bending of the chassis

Steering shaft will be replaced with gears. It‘s to wobbley

@KikoTube really good work with chassis and suspension :thumbup: 

It makes me think on changing scale of my models from 1:17.5 to some 1:13.5 as yours...based on wheel size

Edited by I_Igor

@I_Igor

Thank you very much! :blush:

As for scale:

I don‘t have a most used scale. I make a few ldd sketches in different scales. And i pick the one, which is feasible in the smallest scale. And this time I picked the 62,4 tires. 

But for someone, who has much vehicles and wants to see them togheter, i would recommend to build in the same scale. 

This looks great! Sorry I haven't shared much with you but I'm on vacation and away from my pics and lego's. Plus I could help more with the body anyways. I'm so excited for this. I love the chassis and my only complaint would be that there is no fake v8. Is that an option?