Nachapon Lego

[MOC] Lego wind powered two legs walker

I didn't build any MOC for a while. This is my lastest MOC of wind powered series on youtube cannel. Maybe this is world first Lego wind powered two legs walker. Hope you lie it ;)

Update to V11,  smaller leg design.

Update to V9,  much faster walking.

Update to V6, add piston, high efficient four blade fan, but high wind resistance design.

Update to V5, exchange belt with chain drive.

Update to V4.1, add fake Mr. gold and bicycle rotate wheel.

Update to V3, can walk toward wind source.

37785404335_e53c03f025_z.jpgLego wind powered walker robot v4 by cmfkian, on Flickr

26897038519_31a1b7c7b1_z.jpgLego wind powered walker robot v4 by cmfkian, on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

Nice! I love how compact it is, I presume that makes it lighter and therefore easier to move. Now I want to have had one a few weeks ago, I'm sure we've had enough wind here on the coast to power it naturally!

16 hours ago, MangaNOID said:

Very nice! I like the black fan one best. :thumbup:

Thanks, me too.

14 hours ago, BusterHaus said:

Great work, the stability is quite impressive - I expected the wind to move in around more. :thumbup:

Thanks, hope so.

13 hours ago, ColletArrow said:

Nice! I love how compact it is, I presume that makes it lighter and therefore easier to move. Now I want to have had one a few weeks ago, I'm sure we've had enough wind here on the coast to power it naturally!

Thanks. I agree that, lighter will be easier lift the leg. I will try it with natural wind.

Update to V4.1, add fake Mr. gold and bicycle rotate wheel.

Very weird walkers, and I consider this as a good thing! Love them, and the mechanism behind! :thumbup:

Cool! I love the funny details, like the golden figure with his stick and the turning eye. :-)

17 hours ago, Davidz90 said:

I have experimented quite a bit using lego pieces as fans/wind turbines.  http://www.moc-pages.com/folder.php/198856

Still need to post at least one more build as well.  What I have found is that ore fins = more speed of the propeller.  Your recommendation would provide more torque, because it is so large, but more fins would be faster.  Given the angle of your recommended piece though.... it might be perfect. 

I love this build.  Quite clever.  Reminds me of Theo Jansen's Strandbeest creations:

http://www.strandbeest.com/

of which there are plenty online Lego versions that are PF powered.  HOwever, I don't think I have seen one powered by wind/air.

On 27/11/2560 at 4:34 PM, Philo said:

Very nice walker!

Thank you!

Update to V6, add piston, high efficient four blade fan, but high wind resistance design.

Update to V5, exchange belt with chain drive.

On 28/11/2560 at 1:51 AM, Davidz90 said:

Thanks, add that to my part wish list.

On 28/11/2560 at 1:55 AM, agrof said:

Very weird walkers, and I consider this as a good thing! Love them, and the mechanism behind! :thumbup:

On 28/11/2560 at 2:01 AM, Kelkschiz said:

Cool to see this in LEGO, gj!

On 28/11/2560 at 1:39 PM, WvG_853 said:

Cool! I love the funny details, like the golden figure with his stick and the turning eye. :-)

Thanks guys.

On 28/11/2560 at 7:14 PM, nerdsforprez said:

I have experimented quite a bit using lego pieces as fans/wind turbines.  http://www.moc-pages.com/folder.php/198856

Still need to post at least one more build as well.  What I have found is that ore fins = more speed of the propeller.  Your recommendation would provide more torque, because it is so large, but more fins would be faster.  Given the angle of your recommended piece though.... it might be perfect. 

I love this build.  Quite clever.  Reminds me of Theo Jansen's Strandbeest creations:

http://www.strandbeest.com/

of which there are plenty online Lego versions that are PF powered.  HOwever, I don't think I have seen one powered by wind/air.

Thanks. The Theo Jansen's Strandbeest creations are master pieces. I think many many legs make them more like wheels.

On 29/11/2560 at 12:17 AM, Thirdwigg said:

This a great little build. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you.

On 3/12/2560 at 2:38 PM, mocbuild101 said:

These are great! It would be fun to see lots of them walking together...

Thanks for your great idea, I will try it soon.

Update to V9,  much faster walking.

On 14/12/2560 at 10:11 AM, mocbuild101 said:

That's much quicker!

I will try wind from behind only for quicker walking.

Update to V11,  smaller leg design.

Edited by bbqqq