Hello eurobricks! I have seen this done in the past here and I thought it would be a great idea to do it again for 2017 now that The Joker's Manor is starting to be released. Basically post your favorite theme, minifigure, and set from this year. Then post you least favorite theme, minifigure, and set. If you want you can put your most anticipated set, theme or whatever for 2018. For an example here is my list. 

Best Theme: The Lego Ninjago Movie, Honorable Mentions: The Lego Batman Movie, Lego Ideas

Best Minifigure/bigfig: Gladiator Hulk, Honorable Mention: Two-Face

Best Set: Ninjago City, Honorable Mentions: Assembly Square, Knighton Castle, Destiny's Bounty, Old Fishing Store, The Joker's Manor, Arkham Asylum, Carousel, Resistance Bomber, NASA Apollo Saturn V

Worst Theme: Minecraft

Worst Minifigure: Snoke

Worst Set: The Ocean Monument

Most Anticipated 2018: Harry Potter sets, Honorable Mentions: Avengers: Infinity War sets, Modular Building, Nexo Knight's, D2C Fairground set

2017 was a great year for Lego and I hope 2018 is even better. 

Purely out of what I bought from this year:

Best Theme: The Lego Batman Movie

Best Minifig: Wonder Woman (76075)

Best Set: Arkham Asylum

Worst Theme: Marvel Super Heroes

Worst Minifig: Kiss Kiss Batman (for not being released outside of a keychain)

Worst Set: ATM Heist Battle

Most Anticipated 2018: Harry Potter coming back! :grin:

Batman included the best licensed minifigures yet. The Ninjago Movie had some of the best actual sets. Ideas had some really good stuff too. To narrow things down...

Best minifigures: Two-face, Poison Ivy, N-Pop Girl, Disco Joker, Bane, Retro Space Guy. 

Best sets: Ninjago City, Old Fishing Store, Destiny's Bounty, Saturn V.

Most disappointing minifigures: Lady Iron Dragon (due to face printing), Hela and Grandmaster (both really needed more printing and the later doesn't look like Goldblum at all). 

Most disappointing sets: Star Destroyer (pricy, it just looks meh and the figure selection is terrible). Both Ragnarok sets have some ugly builds. I'm sure there are others, but I typically ignore and forget sets that don't interest me.

Based on what I acquired this year except the worst set.

Best Theme: The Lego Ninjago Movie, honorable mention: Lego city Jungle, Lego Elves

Best Minifigure/bigfig: Agent Coulson Honorable Mention: Rocket (guardians of the galaxy)

Best Set: Destinys Bounty Honorable Mentions: Assembly Square, Carousel,

Worst Theme: Nexo Knights

Worst Minifigure: Lego batman movie Robin

Worst Set: Moana's Island Adventure

Most Anticipated 2018: Harry Potter sets! 

Honorable Mentions: Avengers: Infinity War sets, Modular buildings, Lego city mining sets, blue baseplates

Edited by Koori

Best Theme: Creator Expert, Honorable Mentions: Star Wars, Creator, Ideas

Best Minifigure/bigfig: Retro Spaceman (CMF), Honorable Mentions: Darth Vader from 75183, Beetlejuice, Butterfly Girl (CMF), Elves Goblin King, The "I" from 40178.

Best Set: Ninjago City, Honorable Mentions: Old Fishing Store, NASA Apollo Saturn V, Assembly Square

Worst Theme: The Lego Batman Movie, Honorable Mention: Brickheadz

Worst Minifigure: TLBM Robin or Dick Grayson, any and all variations.

Worst Set: 70917 (Ultimate Batmobile), Honorable Mentions: 70905 (Batmobile), 70906 (Joker Lowrider), 10256 (Taj Mahal reissue)

Most Anticipated 2018: I'll wait and see.

Best Theme: Lego Ninjago Movie, runner up Creator Expert

Best Minifig: Aayla Secura, runners up Sushi Chef and N-Pop girl

Best Set: Apollo Saturn V, runner up Assembly Square

Worst Minifig: Not sure, probably anything from Nexo Knights

Worst Set: The Desert Skiff escape, inferior to the previous one--where the heck is Lando?

Best Theme: Creator Expert, Ideas

Best Minifig: Bane

Best Set: Old Fishing Store

Worst Minifig: Ms. Marvel

Worst Set: Chewbacca Buildable Figure

Best Theme: The Lego Ninjago Movie

Best Minifigure: Misako

Best Set: Ninjago City/Saturn V/Women of Nasa

Worst Theme: Angry Birds

Worst Minifigure: All non-yellow minifigures that don't represent real non-fiction people (i.e. Women of NASA excluded)

Worst Set: Ideas Adventure Time

Most welcomed 2018: Any re-release of retired products. 

Best Theme: The Lego Batman Movie.

Best Minifigure: My avatar, duh. :tongue:

Best Set: Ideas' The Old Fishing Store.

Most Anticipated for 2018: Creator (Non-Expert), at least hopefully for the second half of the year. But, I'm looking forward to pretty much anything that may be in store for the most of the year, even if that mean picking apart all upcoming offerings piece by piece. :classic:

Oh, yeah, now as far as 2017's worst offerings go, I can't really say, since most everything has something to come away with, so there's nothing really I can be that pessimistic about. :shrug_oh_well:

Nod to @koalayummies as we seem to share similar tastes in LEGO:

Best Theme: The Lego Ninjago Movie

Best Minifigure: Elf Girl (Series 17 CMF)

Best Minifigure That Isn't Really a Minifigure: The Black Panther (6193919) from the Jungle Half-Track Mission set (60159)

Best Set: Green Ninja Mech Dragon (70612) (though I modded my mech to turn it into a model of a real dragon)

Worst Themes: Minecraft and Angry Birds

Worst Minifigure: All non-yellow minifigures

Worst Set: Women of NASA

Edited by AmperZand
Corrected chronological error pointed out below by @Digger of Bricks

Best Theme: ELVES - for being great fantasy line

Best Minifigure/bigfig: Lord Krakenskull NEXO KNIGHTS - for being one of the coolest badguys Lego created

Best Set: Ninjago City - No mcomment needed

Worst Theme: Brickheadz- for being noting new but cashgrab

Worst Minifigure: Rocket Racoon - He get new mold for head this year - yet they still molded it with armor once again so It can't move his head.

Worst Set: Stephanie House for being the worst colored Friends sets to date

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Angry Birds was a 2016 theme though.

Brickset - The Angry Birds Movie

But so are Nexo Knights and Brickheadz, and Creator and Ideas are 2003 and 2008 respectively. So it seems many are citing any currently-available-through-Lego theme as the theme's offerings or appeal stands for the year 2017, for example one theme can be great upon introduction but then not have as great offerings or appeal the next year or vise versa.

If we only go by themes introduced for 2017 it appears its only Batman Movie, Ninjago Movie and Boost (based on theme introduction dates from wikipedia). 

Just now, koalayummies said:

But so are Nexo Knights and Brickheadz, and Creator and Ideas are 2003 and 2008 respectively. So it seems many are citing any currently-available-through-Lego theme as the theme's offerings or appeal stands for the year 2017, for example one theme can be great upon introduction but then not have as great offerings or appeal the next year or vise versa.

If we only go by themes introduced for 2017 it appears its only Batman Movie, Ninjago Movie and Boost (based on theme introduction dates from wikipedia). 

Angry Birds was a one wave, one year theme. It didn't return for a second year in 2017, as you can see in the Brickset link I posted initially.

Best Theme: City Jungle subtheme

Best Minifigure: CMF S17 Elf Maiden

Best Set: Ninjago City

Worst Theme: Nexo Knights

Worst Minifigure: Bunny Batsuit

Worst Set: Ideas Adventure Time

Most Anticipated 2018: CMF Series 18!

Edited by Robert8

On 11/28/2017 at 5:26 AM, MAB said:

Best Theme: Creator Expert, Honorable Mentions: Star Wars, Creator, Ideas

Best Minifigure/bigfig: Retro Spaceman (CMF), Honorable Mentions: Darth Vader from 75183, Beetlejuice, Butterfly Girl (CMF), Elves Goblin King, The "I" from 40178.

Best Set: Ninjago City, Honorable Mentions: Old Fishing Store, NASA Apollo Saturn V, Assembly Square

Worst Theme: The Lego Batman Movie, Honorable Mention: Brickheadz

Worst Minifigure: TLBM Robin or Dick Grayson, any and all variations.

Worst Set: 70917 (Ultimate Batmobile), Honorable Mentions: 70905 (Batmobile), 70906 (Joker Lowrider), 10256 (Taj Mahal reissue)

Most Anticipated 2018: I'll wait and see.

Why so much dislike for Batman Movie sets? I recently built 70917, it’s a fun build & a cool & creatvive model. I don’t like low riders in any form, but I adore Joker’s. The Batmobile is a fun, different take on the vehicle. I will echo some sentiments though...

As to to the topic,

Best Theme: unlike MAB :tongue:, Batman Movie. 

Best Minifigure: Poison Ivy

Best Set: Assembly Square

Worst Theme: Brickheadz

Worst Minifigure: Hmm...how about any female with that grey jacket, purple scarf torso. I have so many!

Worst Set: Taj Mahal- at least update it...

Most Anticipated: Harry Potter

Edited by Vindicare

On December 5, 2017 at 4:22 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Angry Birds was a one wave, one year theme. It didn't return for a second year in 2017, as you can see in the Brickset link I posted initially.

We're getting into splitting hairs territory which I like to avoid but while it may not have returned with any new offerings for 2017 it is still available for purchase from Lego. As such with no new offerings or just on its own as a theme and still being sold by Lego it should qualify as an option or clarify as stated that we're only talking about-new-for-2017 themes (which again would be limited to Batman Movie, Ninjago Movie and Boost as the only new themes for 2017, which really narrows down what people can say are their personal best and worst themes) or that any theme new-for-2017 or not that had new products offered for 2017 is an option. So which is it?

Just now, koalayummies said:

We're getting into splitting hairs territory which I like to avoid but while it may not have returned with any new offerings for 2017 it is still available for purchase from Lego. As such with no new offerings or just on its own as a theme and still being sold by Lego it should qualify as an option or clarify as stated that we're only talking about-new-for-2017 themes (which again would be limited to Batman Movie, Ninjago Movie and Boost as the only new themes for 2017, which really narrows down what people can say are their personal best and worst themes) or that any theme new-for-2017 or not that had new products offered for 2017 is an option. So which is it?

Well, I just presumed that the discussion here was focused on products introduced this year. Perhaps though, maybe we are also discussing products still made available this year from previous years? :def_shrug:

Maybe @Khscarymovie4 would know.

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, I just presumed that the discussion here was focused on products introduced this year. Perhaps though, maybe we are also discussing products still made available this year from previous years? :def_shrug:

Maybe @Khscarymovie4 would know.

Honestly I don't think there is any rule for what you pick. I feel by making rules it makes the topic less fun. But in my opinion what counts as a 2017 theme is any theme that released a new set this year. I don't count Angry Birds as that theme had no new sets this year, but I do count Nexo Knights, Ideas, and other's because they had a least 1 new set this year. 

10 hours ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

But in my opinion what counts as a 2017 theme is any theme that released a new set this year. I don't count Angry Birds as that theme had no new sets this year, but I do count Nexo Knights, Ideas, and other's because they had a least 1 new set this year. 

That's what I sort of was figuring.

Overall an excellent year!

Best Theme: 1st The Lego Ninjago Movie,  2nd TLBM, 3rd Ideas

Best Set: 1st Ninjago City, 2nd Assembly Square 3rd Old Fishing Store

Best Minifigure: 1st Flying Monkey (70917) 2nd Vacation Batman CMF 3rd Volcano Garmadon CMF

Worst theme: Nexo Knights

Worst Set: Hulk vs Red Hulk

Worst Minifigure: Corn Cob Guy ( not looking forward to series 18)

Another really good year on the whole. Here's my list (nod to @Robert8 's formatting):

Best Theme: Batman Movie

Honourable mentions: Ideas, Creator Expert, Ninjago Movie

Best Minifigure: Hela

Honourable mentions: Admiral Thrawn, Bigfig Bane, Glam Metal Batman

Best Set: Assembly Square

Honourable mentions: Old Fishing Store, Saturn V, Penguin Arctic Roller

Worst Theme: Nexo Knights

Dishonourable mentions: BrickHeadz, DC Superhero Girls, Marvel Superheroes (completely phoned in for 2017)

Worst Minifigure: Wonder Woman mini-doll

Dishonourable mentions: CMF 17 Gourmet Chef, Dimensions Goonies Sloth, Bigfig Red Hulk

Worst Set: The Fortrex (it's an abomination that epitomises everything wrong with Nexo Knights)

Dishonourable mentions: Ideas Adventure Time, Hulk vs Red Hulk, First Order Heavy Scout Walker (wtf..)

Most Anticipated 2018: New Trains !! (assuming we actually get some)

Edited by ElectroDiva

44 minutes ago, ElectroDiva said:

Worst Set: The Fortrex (it's an abomination that epitomises everything wrong with Nexo Knights)

Fortrex was a 2016 set, not 2017. Maybe you meant 70357 Knighton Castle :classic:

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Fortrex was a 2016 set, not 2017. Maybe you meant 70357 Knighton Castle :classic:

See  - i took such a dislike to it that I carried that over into 2017:)