antp

My city layout: Dark Brick City

I love this city (and the Dark City references).  Seeing it take shape and grow is very cool.  Looking forward to more updates!

I like your Lego Hospital MOD.

Was the original version, without the extra floor, built from two sets? Or one set and a lot of your own bricks?

I only bought one set.

The part with the large blue windows was mostly built with the original set, I didn't have to add so many parts.

I used my own brick for the added part on the side and the more elaborate roof.

For the extra roof I bought four windows on Bricklink and completed the rest with my bricks.

Edited by antp

Posted (edited)

As planned since long time, I recently modified the set 3661 to use it as a small corner building (approx. 16x32 corner modular), keeping space for a real full-size modular between that small building and the Corner Café that I moved since the last posted pictures;

DSC_0309_1.JPG

To finish it I'll have to add this part to the bottom of the corner, via a future BL or B&P order.

The inside is similar to the original set:

DSC_0310_1.JPG

Edited by antp

Hi @antp,

a very nice city you have built here. And with 12V - what a joy! I wish I had a 12V train back in the days, but I had "only" the 4,5V train (my most favourite set I own is 7720). BUt back to your city: you also built some really nice MOCs with blend great into the city. I also like the Ninjago district with its rock shore and brigde over the lake.

Very funny: I have also the set 21110 and coverted it into a museum: but  I didn't built a MOC for it, my city museum is placed in the upper stories of the Green Grocer. The astronomer however can get a great night sky view from the Grand Emporium in my city. :grin:

Sop keep up the great work and I am now curious how your city grow ...

BR,

Guenther

Nice city progress. I especially like your ninjago district - looks great how you combined the sets with each other. :)