TheBeeze

Recruiting Campaign 01- The Fight for Support- 12/14/17 (Updated with results!)

Recruiting Campaign 1
The Fight for Support

We are going to run a small contest and support campaign before rolling out Campaign 5. The goal here is to help boost our membership here on Eurobricks and gain some new members. There are a lot of talented military builders out there who we still have not reached. Our goal with this project is to reach them. 

Due to the sizing guidelines listed below and the goal of this campaign, players are asked to focus and build extremely detailed builds. The whole point of this game has been to advance ourselves as builders so let's put that to work here and shell out some serious quality work. 
All builds can be used as promotional material for the Great Brick War. If players are not okay with us using your Pictures to advertise the game, do not submit a build. We reserve the right to disqualify and not include any builds from completion or in our promotion campaign if we do not feel they are up to the quality we desire. There is no team planning needed for this so start working now and don't wait until the last minute. 

Build Guidelines

• Players are to build a 16x16 Vignette - No bigger, no smaller. 
  • Players are to show their troops doing anything of their choosing in any location- No Blood or Gore
  • All builds must be posted as a new topic in the “Great Brick War” subforum, the title prefixed by, "(GBW- RC1)" followed by the Country you’re representing, and then your MOC’s Title. Example "(GBW- RC1) Filace - Make Building Great Again")  
  • All LDD Builds must be labeled- Example: (GBW- CP4) Country - Title of build (LDD)
  • All builds must be new MOC’s and not prior builds. 
  • Players can only submit (1) Picture for Judging. (Other pictures may be linked)
  • Pictures cannot have any watermarks as they will be used for advertising. 
  • Photo Editing is to be kept to a minimum with only real edits of lighting and color correction. No special effects. Players may crop one picture of their MOC onto a background picture to help with their landscape if they’d like. 
  • Picture Size is limited to 800x600 but players are encouraged to link to a Higher Resolution version we can use. 
  • Players may post a link to an offsite host such as Flickr where Higher Res pics are located. 
  • Share your photos in the GBW Flickr Group!
  • There are no restrictions as to what you can show in this image based on your points scale. 
  • Upon completion, players must also post a link to their build in the AAR Thread as well letting the judges know that it is eligible for scoring. 

Campaign Duration 11/24/17 - 12/14/17

All builds will not be finalized until the closing date for the campaign. Players can edit their posts up until that point. As long as it is 12/14/17 somewhere in the world, you can submit. Use this as a deadline https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/baker-island

THERE WILL BE NO EXTENSIONS FOR THIS CAMPAIGN

The Outcome

All Participants will receive (3) Points for Completion and (1) Pair of Eclipse Grafx custom molded hands/gloves.(We have been given a random assortment, we will not take requests) You must make a real effort here. Do not just slap minifig on a plate and expect to get points and a prize. 

The winner will be selected by a group of outside judges. The winner will receive (6) Points and a Prize Pack put together by the staff - (Staff Members not eligible to win physical prizes but do keep their points)

As if not already obvious, this campaign is being sponsored by our friends over at Eclipse Grafx
EclipseGrafx

Edited by TheBeeze

Been getting a few different questions so I figured I would post in here to avoid repeats over the next week.

Yes, these are pretty much free points for a build.

You must follow the rules though.

No gore or over violent activities.  I understand that this is to represent war and combat, but this is also planned to go on the front page of Eurobricks as a form of recruiting.  In today's day and age, we need to show a little bit more discretion than maybe in the past.  Too many people are easily offended and I'm not going to deal with a bunch of crying, from either side!  If you want to go violent, that is of course ok, but your build will still get the same amount of points and will not be placed into the recruitment collage/poster for the front page.  Sorry.

This goes for racially charged issues as well.  Avoid them if you want your work out front and center!

Questions, please ask.  HERE!  Ask here.  Someone else may have the same thoughts as you so ask here please.  Thanks.

Please remember to take your photos in a well lit area with a neutral, solid color background!

Just wanted to add, you guys still need to provide a little description of what is going on in your picture. 

If I add a border, does it count towards the 16x16 limit? Whether or not it does will not affect my build, this is just for clarity.

@TheBeeze My build is 16x16 studs. Can I add the brick-built words to the front of it, as shown?

38106923184_abb8d9f877.jpg[WIP] GBW Recruitment Poster 2

Edited by Leonardo da Bricki
Added photo

No, Building space is 16 x 16. A decorative base/stand/border is fine, but if it detracts from your build, you might want to take another look at your build!

ONE MORE DAY TO GO!

The Winner of the contest will get the below prize pack put together by the staff:

27235788509_b7c45de0a7_c.jpg 

Ok...

Thank you to all players that have made entries for the recruiting campaign. 9 entries are better than three, so good job all!

While we contact our judge(s) and arrive at a winner for the grand prize, I would like all of the recruitment campaign participants to send me a private message with the following info..

Real name.

Mailing address.

I most likely will not ship the rewards out until after Christmas, but I would like to get everything packed up and ready asap. Hope to hear from you all sooner than later, thanks!

OK.  We got some results in from our mystery judges.

I incorrectly stated there were 9 entries, there were actually 8.  All of you that contributed to the Recruitment Campaign, please award yourself 3 points in your respective AAR thread.  Each of the 8 contributors will also receive a set of either the Tactical Gloves or Fingerless Gloves from Eclipse Grafx.  Only request, per Eclipse Grafx, is that when you use these in a build and they are visible in the shot, you tag Eclipse Grafx in the people (if you use Flickr).

Of those 8 entries, 3 were done by staff members.  So the resulting 5 were eligible to win this...

38297056484_f0c8e826e0_c.jpg

And the winner is...

SUSPENSE!!!

Paintballman with his entry, "The Red Violin."

38793952952_0fa4f854b3_c.jpg

Congrats Paintballman!

A big thank you to all of the players who contributed.  I've got addresses on almost all of you, I just need to get one more and I will get these mailed out in a few days.

Great job, this was a solid build and laced with just the right amount of detail/debris/junk!

I am curious to see your original shot PBM.

14 minutes ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Great job, this was a solid build and laced with just the right amount of detail/debris/junk!

I am curious to see your original shot PBM.

Thank you. 

Here is the first shoot. The comments was about the background color and cropping

IwHM9W7.jpg

I believe I have everyone's address that participated so prizes have been mailed.  Please be patient as some countries' mail systems are much better than others.

5 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Please be patient as some countries' mail systems are much better than others.

Ours in Greece is "The Other" :tongue: