Sign in to follow this  
Wolfinparis78

Best way to get lego parts

well, theres bricklink, brickowl & PAB walls if you have a brand store nearby & what you want is there.

btw, welcome to the community.

As @Foxw said, there's BrickLink. Generally, it's my first port of call.

There's also LEGO's official service for purchasing individual parts, Bricks & Pieces.

If you're after minifigure parts/accessories, FireStar Toys are good but expensive. If you're in France as your username suggests and are looking for minifigures, there's La Petite Brique. I don't know if they're any good - I haven't tried them yet.

I really don't recommend Ebay. In my experience, you can't trust the LEGO sellers there.

Edited by AmperZand

Bricks & Pieces and Pick a brick are the services I use. Other than that, I get a classic creator box. It depends what is near by.

Ebay is ok (IF YOU CAREFULLY LOOK AT PHOTOS). Otherwise, bricklink or brickowl are very reliable. You can pick specific pieces from sellers, or make a wishlist of all pieces you want and have it auto-select the best combination of sellers.

Yeah there is no better than Bricklink, and Bricks&Pieces (which is closed until mid-feb, so no need to bother).

One tip: buy new parts. Not only they're generally cheaper, also used parts can range from "like new" to horrible crap. In that domain, Brickowl has the advantage of a part grading system.

I find the LEGO Store PAB Wall to be pretty good deal if you spend the time packing as many pieces as possible into the cups.  You would have to factor in time and transportation costs into the equation for comparison with LEGO BaP/PAB online and Bricklink/Brickowl + shipping charges.

If you go the bricklink/brickowl route, be wary of sellers that want to hit you with high lot fees. I've packaged orders for a bricklink store, so I understand why they charge lot fees, but I've found that sellers blow the "inconvenience" of shipping many lots out of proportion. They even try to sneak in extra fees in the shipping cost. Don't pay $10 extra just because you're ordering 30 lots. Screw that seller, blacklist them and shop elsewhere.

Edited by Henchmen4Hire

For me the "Best" way to acquire parts is for free. Of course that usually means you just take what you can get. I do this by telling anyone that will listen about my love of Lego, sometimes even showing them pictures. Usually then they tell you about their experience with Lego son/daughter used to play with them, so on and so on, then they will tell you they still have them stored away somewhere and if you want them your more than welcome to have them. My greatest score using this method was a 100% complete UCS tumbler extra bits and box included. Felt kind of guilty about taking it but they absolutely refused to take any money for it. 

On 04/01/2018 at 8:19 PM, Henchmen4Hire said:

If you go the bricklink/brickowl route, be wary of sellers that want to hit you with high lot fees. I've packaged orders for a bricklink store, so I understand why they charge lot fees, but I've found that sellers blow the "inconvenience" of shipping many lots out of proportion. They even try to sneak in extra fees in the shipping cost. Don't pay $10 extra just because you're ordering 30 lots. Screw that seller, blacklist them and shop elsewhere.

The worst is those who require min $1/lot, while most of their parts are in low quantities not even reaching $1.

Sadly often you need 1 rare part, and the only place left with that part is that one "min $100 order, min $1/lot" store :(