MKJoshA

Episode XVII: The Battle For Endor

Two announcements. First, the map is delayed today because the Rebels didn't post any movement directions :sadnew: I'll try to have everything updated tomorrow.

Second, due to the delays these past few days, and due to both teams seeming to be a little over taxed right now, we are going to extend this "week" to be 2 weeks long. So the next deadline will be April 1st (no joke), not March 25th. Hopefully this will give everyone some breathing room and allow us all to take a little more time enjoying the building process. Have fun!

Thanks for your patience everyone, Game Updates!

The Empire is on a Plains and Forest square and knocked the Rebel score back 2 points and dropped their movement down 2 also.

The Rebels are on a Mountain and Forest square and can now move across water.

Remember, there is no deadline this Sunday. The next deadline is April 1st.

Updates!

The Rebels have earned 25 extra team XP and are on a Mountain square.

The Empire is on a Plains square.

This week will resume our normal 7 day week schedule. So the next deadline is 4/8 at noon Central Time. Good luck!

UPDATES!

The Empire collected the bonus on R22 and get 3 extra XP and movement points. They are on a Plains and Forest square.

The Rebels landed on a Plains and Forest square.

Also, both teams received this message from their leadership:

"As the battle nears its conclusion, time seems to move faster and faster, events spiraling out of control.  For each 'movement,' teams may now move through 2 unknown squares, or 4 revealed squares."

Updates!

The Empire can now travel across water! They are on a Plains, Shore, and Lake square.

The Rebels are on a Forest, Shore, and Lake square.

Updates!

The Empire is on a Forest and Shoreline square. You were 1 movement point short of your requested movement so I got you as close as I could.

The Rebels are on a Forest square. You had 1 extra movement beyond what you requested so I continued in the same direction of travel.

Updates!

It was bound to happen to one team sooner or later. But the Rebels were not able to muster a build this week and therefore do not move at all. They are still on a Forest square. With the Empire's bonus of -2 movement for the Rebels, that means they now have a net 5 movements for next week if they submit a build.

The Empire is on a Forest square with a tiny bit of Plains.

Major Updates!

The Empire is on a Forest square, and cannot access the Shield Generator yet. They still need to find their own switch.

The Rebels are on a Forest square, and have unlocked access to the Shield Generator! If they reach the Generator first, they will receive a 25XP bonus as stated in the main rules, and the game will end.

For those interested, here's what the map looked like before the teams moved, but with the bonuses now revealed visible:

MapWeek24b

The Rebels specific right and down, but they also specified that they wanted to collect bonuses along the way. As stated in the main rules, if directs are vague moving towards bonuses will trump. This caused the Rebels to move up towards the SG bonus rather than down.

Updates!

In the words of Princess Leia, "It's not over yet."

The Rebels are on a Mountain square. The Empire is on a Mountain and Forest square.

On 11/21/2017 at 6:00 PM, MKJoshA said:

Physical prizes are also available! The 75178 Jakku Quadjumper will go to the player with the highest amount of XP earned during this episode, and 75183 Darth Vader Transformation to the player who submitted the most builds during the episode, regardless of XP gained (should that player be identical with the first winner, the second prize will instead go to the player with the second-highest amount of builds).

And a reminder about the prizes. There are more than just bragging rights at stake! 

Updates!

This is it everyone! The final scores are in so the final movements have been decided. We are going to let this week play out to allow anyone who wants to build 1 last time for the contest can do so. You won't earn movement points (unless the Rebels lose their minds and they go away from the Shield Generator). But you will earn XP for your team.

The Empire is on a Forest square. The Rebels are on a Forest and Plains square.

well that was fun, much to learn and to take away from this chapter. lots of great builds and stories, wish I had it in me but I am just sort of there...:classic:

On 5/28/2018 at 3:37 PM, MKJoshA said:

You won't earn movement points (unless the Rebels lose their minds and they go away from the Shield Generator). But you will earn XP for your team.

So ... it looks like the rebels took a break and we have one more week?

It looks like we didn't post movement instructions this week since it was assumed to be a moot point, but we'd like to use our movement this week to get as close to the shield generator as possible...

14 minutes ago, LucasLaughing said:

So ... it looks like the rebels took a break and we have one more week?

It looks like we didn't post movement instructions this week since it was assumed to be a moot point, but we'd like to use our movement this week to get as close to the shield generator as possible...

Aren't we on the shield generator? 

46 minutes ago, LucasLaughing said:

Based on the last map update it looked like you were still 4 squares away?  I might be reading it wrong, though.  @MKJoshA??

The Rebels had movement points to use from last week. They still get to use those even though they don't have a build this week. Without a build, they just need to post somewhere else (like here) to land on the generator. Basically, Rebels have successfully reached the generator and the game it over. Time to count up the scores!

Alright, final updates! And with that, this contest is over! Scores have been tallied.

Rebels: 81 points from weekly entries + 116 bonus points - 6 bonus points + 25 reaching SG first bonus = 216 points

Empire: 88 points from weekly entries + 33 bonus points = 121 points.

So Rebels win by a landslide! All Rebels who participated will receive this tag 26970706609_2be79188e2_o.jpg to commemorate their victory.

Gubi0222 scored 29 points and wins the 75178 Jakku Quadjumper

Gubi0222 and Elementary both submitted 8 entries. Since Gubi0222 already is winning the 1st category, that means Elementary wins 75183 Darth Vader Transformation

@Gubi0222 and @elementary please send your name, address, country, and phone number to @BEAVeR to receive your prizes.

The following people will receive XP:

Brickwolf 2
Commander Beltar 8
darthdonuts 2
Goatman461 6
Gubi0222 29
LegoRacer1 8
LucasLaughing 13
Merc4Hire 4
MovieMocs 1
Pombe 3
Puvel 3
Tariq J 9
brickmasterben11 1
CodyStartale 9
Elementary 23
Forresto 14
Jody Meyer 9
Markov Zinhae 1
MKJoshA 24

I'll add this to the Character page as soon as I can. I have a bunch of real life stuff going on the next few weeks, so be patient!

For those interested, I'm including a fog-free map in the spoiler below:

Spoiler
MapWeek27b

And this one shows all the available bonus stars:

Spoiler
MapWeek27c

image.png.9cfd255b432648a463755971db6bf4ab.png

Congrats to the rebels for their well deserved victory, and a huge thanks to @MKJoshA!  This episode was his idea, and he did a lot of work behind the scenes to make sure it was successful.

Thanks also to @goatman461 for helping with the judging despite a very busy real life, and thanks to all of you builders for sticking with us over the past 26 weeks and making this a great episode!

Before the episode launched, I built the scenes to illustrate each bonus; I thought I'd post them all here, just for fun:

Extra XP Bonuses:

Spoiler

27064082589_d843d6a819.jpg

27067282869_86733ee525.jpg  38127943854_a29cd21b24.jpg

37970729705_950cc6822c.jpg  38812754972_cb9f384c3b.jpg

38810086032_2b6ac7c063.jpg  24967916478_f7731327b7.jpg

Movement and score bonuses:

Spoiler

25025295928_3a30181f20.jpg

38810085242_2339609c38.jpg  38810087502_8aaae8126d.jpg

25025297658_1b37d370ab.jpg  38896816471_6d6eb0d60e.jpg

25025299118_f528f778d4.jpg  38896815551_f441c68b6e.jpg

Map and miscellaneous bonuses:

Spoiler

38141893634_f9399b41e7.jpg

25283353208_78e4e6a70e.jpg  39118906402_dc289c4656.jpg

38141892784_44a8e12f7c.jpg

Full sized pictures on my flickr if anyone is interested.

Thank you to all who participated. Extra big thanks to @MKJoshA for putting so much work and time into organizing!

I had a lot of fun building and learned a lot seeing the works of other builders. Congratulations to @Gubi0222 for a well deserved win!

And thanks to @LucasLaughing for the fantastic bonus pictures, really well done! Thanks to all the judges.

Thank you everyone who participated in this episode, this was a really great one, with a lot of cool builds and stories. This Episode was very inspiring to me and I've been getting more and more ideas over the weeks, which I was able to accomplish.

Congratulations to the Rebels, a well deserved victory! It was great to see what people put forward throughout this episode! This was a perfect conclusion to SoNE 1.0, it's been a real blast... these past few years?!? Wow. I definitely look forward to what the future holds! I can't wait to get home so I can get Beltar's story moving somewhere again in preparation :grin:

Big congratulations to the Rebels! It seems very fitting you guys won this being Endor :grin:. 

Huge thanks to MKJoshA and all the Judges for running the contest :thumbup:, just by looking at the full map it's clear it was a big task for everyone involved. I really loved the format of the game, it also encouraged a lot more team communication. It's been fantastic building alongside everyone and definitely can't wait for SoNE 2.0!

Congrats to all who won...yeah rebels :thumbup:

also thank you to all put in all their time and effort as well as great prizes. Lots of great build's and stories. I to will be in for Sone.2

:classic: until next time around.

Thanks to all who made this game possible. I wish I had been able to summit more builds. I'm in for SoNE 2.0 for sure!.....but I have a build that no one will see coming! I have been planning it since before this episode started.