Blk69

What would you like to see Lego's 2018 Winter Village Set be?

Was just thinking about what I would like to see Lego provide next year for the winter village series.  Thought I would share some ideas. My hope is someone takes this and expands, tread gets a lot of good comments and get sent to Lego for inspiration.  While the last two sets (train and station) have been good, IMO not quite as good as years past.

Hard part of figuring out what should come next is the set has to expand our existing villages and still look good as a stand alone set.  That said, think one of the following would be good.  If you agree with any of these let me know.   If you can think of something better, please add it below.  

1) Small Inn/Cafe, 2 stories.  First floor would be the cafe, a small kitchen and check in desk.  2nd floor would be two guest rooms with a bathroom in between. Do not need any other vehicles or decorations, Prefer the bricks in the building itself and detailing the interior.  Mini figs would be: Desk clerk, Chef,  one young couple (man and women), one family (dad, mom, few kids). 

2) Frozen Skating Pond.  Have a large (one base plate) pond.  Pond should be elevated at least one brick.  There should be a small skate rental shop with benches to put skates on. Also need a hot coco stand and a few trees around pond.  If elevated enough kids sledding down a hill would be fun.  Mini figs: Skate shop owner, coco stand attendant, 2 adult skaters, 2 kids and a dog.

3) Cottage/farm. This one one story and less modern home.  Have a old kitchen, bed and a table.  Outdoors have an outhouse and a simple stable.  Need a horse and buggy.  Some fencing would be nice.  Mini Figs: Old man and women, grand kid, horse, cow, few chickens

4) General goods store.  Old building full of all kinds of stuff.  Have some good for sale outside.  Has a old delivery truck (enclosed bed).  Street light and bench. Mini figs: Store owner, truck driver, shop worker, shoppers (man, 2 women and 2 kids).

These are not in any particular order as I would love for Lego to make them all.  If I had to chose only one it would be the Inn, only because would look great as a center piece with the toy shop large Christmas tree.  The cottage would be second and the general goods store third.  Only reason the pond was not higher in the list is feel the easiest to moc ourselves.  Fairly confident Lego could do it better then me thou....lol.  Let me know what you think.

At this point in time, TLG has likely already decided on the 2018 winter set and it's in the concept/design stages. So you're better off thinking about 2019 ;)

8 minutes ago, Sammael said:

At this point in time, TLG has likely already decided on the 2018 winter set and it's in the concept/design stages. So you're better off thinking about 2019 ;)

Ok, 2019.  What would you like to see?

I would like to see an inn, like you listed under number 1.

I'd also like to see a ski-lift (somebody recently posted a very good WV re-interpretation of the Friends ski-lift here on the forum).

Another possible set would consist of 3-4 small shops that could compliment the larger ones we already got - let's call it Winter Village Center. It could contain a pharmacy, meat/fish market, hardware store.

45 minutes ago, Sammael said:

I would like to see an inn, like you listed under number 1.

I'd also like to see a ski-lift (somebody recently posted a very good WV re-interpretation of the Friends ski-lift here on the forum).

Another possible set would consist of 3-4 small shops that could compliment the larger ones we already got - let's call it Winter Village Center. It could contain a pharmacy, meat/fish market, hardware store.

I like the small stores. Great addition.

Since Christmas in many countries is very much about food, I would like to see a butcher's shop. Same size as the bakery, post office and toy shop.

15 hours ago, Sammael said:

How do you know this?

8 hours ago, Brick Lover said:

How do you know this?

Designers have mentioned in the past that they work on sets about a year in advance. Some themes are easier than others and have a smaller lead-in time, but that's the general time frame.

What I would like?

A chapel, with a nativity scene using microfigures 

Spoiler

Image result for chapel christmasImage result for chapel nativity scene

But it won't happen

So, I would like a theatre. The actors would be playing A Christmas Carol in front of a small audience

Image result for christmas carol play

Edited by Robert8

A candy shop, jewellery shop, butchers, general store, small town hall, tavern, chalet.... well actually I also would like almost anything so long as it fits in aesthetically with the previous sets!

I couldn't understand what happened to my favorite theme (actually the only one I am collecting with my wife) when they released that holiday train... 

My choice would be Winter Village Pollar Express (expert rain like Emerald Night), they have pretty nice on Leo Ideas (not perfect) but I'm sure they could make a marvelous set that everyone would want with snow and Christmas spirit on the roof just like had in the movie. They could even make only one wagon with rounded tail. My dream, even though that's not gonna happen.

9 hours ago, alsielou said:

A candy shop, jewellery shop, butchers, general store, small town hall, tavern, chalet.... well actually I also would like almost anything so long as it fits in aesthetically with the previous sets!

I'm totally agreeing with this!

That's an interesting topic, Blk69! :classic:

I bet 2018 will see a set in about the same size and price like this year (in another topic there was a list of D2C sets for 2018 and some rated the next Winter Village set to be 100 Euros) - so a grocery, a ski lift, a winter sports shop or a hotel would really cool.

Because in 2019 there will be the tenth anniversary of the Winter Village theme. And therefore there surely has to be a much bigger set than before to be released - maybe some sort of Winter Village town place with candy store, town hall, big tree, some market stands and an ancient car.

We can indeed hope for an extra special set for the tenth anniversary... they did it for modulars so I guess it is possible... actually what I really hope for (every year!) is new torsos, new winter hat and scarf moulds. There are so many wonderful possibilities yet our residents seem to have a limited wardrobe. I really thought the new scarf would have shown up already in a different colour to the ninjago sets but at least we have an orange one for one very lucky resident. 

Even though I know not everyone wants to mix minidolls into their village, I do really like the lovely variety of outfits they are wearing this year in the Friends winter theme. They need to tell the minifigures where they've been shopping!!

What i’d like to see as a winter set: a big sleigh with santa in it, presents and a sleigh pulled by reindeer (new mould of course). 

And a good snowman. 

10 year anniversary set.... that sounds good.  Maybe it could be the whole center of the town. What would awesome is if they designed the new set to accommodate the existing Bakery, Post Office, Toy Shop and Market with it.  Like it was one super large set!  Ok it gets better, what if they did make it as one super city set (less the existing sets).  In addition to the super set, they re-released all the sets of the series for one year so you could get whatever you missed the first time around.  

Think they may have a few pieces TLG no longer makes, but sure they could substitute something close.  Sometimes when I dream,I dream big!