de Gothia

Safe Haven Cat A "Mesozoic"

de Gothia and his family was finally there. The merchants that they had met in Barqa spoke about a land and a city beyond time. They called it Mesozoic. From the maps de Gothia had bought, they started an expedition to discover it. The large vessels anchored outside the coast and the small boats took de Gothia and his sons inside the large city of Mesozoic. Large creatures walked the same bridges and roads as the humans...

37841704314_53ebc9914e.jpg

26782505759_9c0dc117e7.jpg

38526769862_2a51629dd7.jpg

38501991976_1ee31ff019.jpg

37670524125_a7ed37ffbd.jpg

My entry for Safe Haven! C&C as always welcome! My inspiiration was from a book that have always been close to my heart! See if you can guess the Book .

Edited by de Gothia

Great concept and lovely architecture! 
I also love the subtle forced perspective addition underneath the bridge :classic:

Brilliant, instantly recognizable as inspired by Waterfall City from Dinotopia, also one of my favorite books. I can even picture the painting from the book that probably inspired this! Lots of excellent details here to look at, especially the covered bridge. I like the forced perspective, too. It might have been better to have something behind the building on the left, though, to keep light from shining through from the back. The little details, like the window flowers and the flags help to bring the scene to life! Well done!

(I was actually inspired by Dinotopia for this challenge myself, but more along the lines of the Hatchery, and what I have built is not nearly so accurate to the source material...and with dragons instead of dinosaurs). 

Looks very good. The dinosaurs blend in perfectly with the oriental-inspired colours for the buildings and the dewback does a great job as beast of burden. :laugh: I just wonder how they managed to get the triceratops up the third(!) floor. They better don't show that the health & safety guy!:wink:

Though I have never read these novels, I absolutely love the city you've built here! :wub: 

The souther, feeling is great (tan goes so very well with that orange!) and all these arches over the river are amazing!

Normally, I don't like to see dinos in medieval MOCs but this must be an exception. Overall, sweet job dG :thumbup: 

Really great building! I wasthinking the same, dinosaur/dragon themed island, but a week ago, i find a better idea for my safe heaven :D Keep up, want to see the minfigs too :D

Super cool build dG, lovely work with the arches over the waterway, on the canoes/gondolas (I guess they have sails, so they're not really canoes or gondolas... but whatever!), and on the buildings... such a great choice of color for the roofs!  I'd never heard of the book (series?) before but it looks really nice!

This is grand stuff. I love the architecture. Also love Dinotopia and what you did with it here.

Excellent city !

I love the Dinotopia inspiration ! A great story ! 

The dinos are well integrated and the build is full of excellent details. You did a great job here !

This is awesome.  I love the concept.  I have been collecting dinosaurs and such to include in my Castle builds as well, they fit in so nicely.  You've done a great job on every aspect of this build.  I particularly love the use of the barrels on the dewback.

Man oh man, really awesome concept and execution!  The multiple tiers of activity here really draw the eye around and of course the forced perspective gets an A+.

Great, fun MOC!

This setting really starts your imagination going! Tremendous use of color and the layout is superb. The city continued in the background adds a ton too :wub:

This is an awesome build, great balance of construction and colors, and not to mention the dinosaur theme makes it superb.
Congratulations. :classic:

Thanks guys! I´m building some new mocs for this continent so I hope to have them done soon! :)