Darnok

[COR FB] Thanksgiving in Elizabethville

At this time of the year there are traditional festivities around the end of harvest season all over the Old World. Some of these traditions have made it to Terra Nova, and the people of Elizabethville celebrate Thanksgiving with friends old and new:

TdLk2fH.jpg

1UaNTiT.jpg

Spoiler

qtbdafF.jpg

Tn3HAoD.jpg

John Smith was one of the first settlers on Lacryma, and soon fell in love with a woman from one of the local tribes. Living with them, now called John Freewalker, he learned their language (and his wife learned his), so now they often act as translators for newly arrived settlers. Here they share parenting advice with the Otis family. It seems both sides have helpful tips for the other:

4u9Y8Su.jpg

z9X6sOi.jpg

Chief Longhorn has been given the honour of cutting the turkey. He keeps wondering why such a perfectly fine bird should be ruined with gravy, but one of the soldiers from Ford di Legno is eagerly waiting for both:

13zQh1M.jpg

Behind them, a Corrington Marine on (excellently timed!) shore leave helps himself to a mug of beer, while Marcus Cole is already a step further:

XhVCFSk.jpg

At the same time, Susan Cole is introducing a member of a different local tribe to the concept of bread and sandwiches. The tribesman is curious:

AIZUblG.jpg

ox1Dugs.jpg

Joe Black, owner of the Bittersweet Mug is less successful in convincing Chief Bright Star of the benefits of chocolate or other sweets:

8YfF3q1.jpg

No convincing on any side was needed for the fresh fish some tribesmen from the coast brought with them - to be grilled over the fire, with one spectator maybe just lucky it is not him on the stick:

8EKZVXy.jpg

The fish is delicious!

VIHsqUM.jpg

There are crates and tables with food all over the place, verybody has brought something familiar to them to share with all. There are many opportunities to try new things, so while Marie of the Coles has a corn cob for the first time in her life, a young tribesboy is a little bit sceptic about a thing called "apple":

EiIVR5h.jpg

The best view of the festivities has without doubt Momo, who decided the tree was a great place for explorations:

VN4wVry.jpg

Spoiler

1GMJubm.jpg

yZ8tO0a.jpg

Mo3lbt1.jpg

rOgioeX.jpg

One person was late though...

[I have forgotten this one minifig for the shoot, and only noticed once the lightbox and everything was stored away already...]

Mrs. Townsend had hoped to impress everybody with her canned specialities, but she had missed the fun. Oh well, another day then!

9znn0Ke.jpg

==================================================================================================

Happy Thanksgiving to verybody celebrating it! May your free days be relaxing, and your time with friends and family a good one.

This build is nothing spectacular, I simply wanted to show a Thanksgiving scene, and tried to replicate as many persons from Elizabethville as possible. Not all of them are 100% fits, but most of them look close enough. 

@SilentWolf: This is a medium sized "art&culture" property in my opinion. Could you please license it for the settlement of Lacryma?

To everybody else: maybe you find some time for a Thanksgiving build of your own? Maybe in Eliabethville, maybe in your settlement, maybe on the high seas? Give it a try, I would love to see other perspectives at this topic!

Nice build! - I'll echo Professor Thaum on all the food stuffs, especially the gravy and the sandwiches!  Always great to see a bunch of familiar old minifigs together too! :pir-classic:

Wonderful build for the season! I really like the fire pit, but my favorite detail are those sandwiches! Well done all around! :thumbup:

I can not take credit for the sandwiches: they come from the last Valentines Day Seasonal set. Similar for the turkey: that one is from the (still current) Thanksgiving Seasonal set. I just like both and added them, they do fit perfectly.

This is a fun build with a lot of action going on. I was impressed with how many of the various residents of Elizabethville you were able to work in and include in this scene. Great job on linking the builds to refresh who they were. Poor Mrs. Townsend, arriving so late. Keep up the good work.

This build is now licensed as a small art and culture, since the medium is larger for Arts and Cultures than the other categories at 48x48 and I didn't feel it could be stretched. Great job at growing Elizabethville. My Thanksgiving build may not be done until after Thanksgiving. 

3 hours ago, SilentWolf said:

This build is now licensed as a small art and culture, since the medium is larger for Arts and Cultures than the other categories at 48x48 and I didn't feel it could be stretched. Great job at growing Elizabethville. My Thanksgiving build may not be done until after Thanksgiving. 

Ah, I had not considered the different size restrictions for "art and culture" - small it is then, agreed.

I consider Thanksgiving more of a seasonal thing than a fixed date, so I would not worry about "being late".