Sign in to follow this  
Capitaine Aragon

Queen Catherine's Revenge

I have made a custom Lego pirate ship called the Queen Catherine's Revenge. Her captain is myself Capitaine Aragon! She is a two masted pirate ship and has six guns(stud shooters) on her. Her crew wield stud shooter pistols and have a stash of cutlasses and other swords below deck . Two identical small row boats are also housed below deck. The crew also dress like aristocratic carnies as Capitaine Aragon has a small fortune and controls two other small ships.

For the black sails  used construction paper(This is my first time making a medium large ship). I did not have any big canons so I decided to give the ship some defense with the stud shooters. The ship herself is named after Queen Catherine of Aragon and includes a figurehead of her with a silver crown and trident. The top deck can be removed to reveal the rowboats and sword stash. I will work on getting photographs uploaded soon. I added gold pieces on the vessel to show the captain's mild wealth. I was inspired with Barbossa's cabin aboard the Queen Anne's Revenge in Dead Men Tell No tales so, in my cabin there is stacks of gold coins, a shiny golden crown and a golden staff with a ruby on it. I have put a picture of Barbossa in his cabin to show what my inspiration was.

fancy cabin.jpg

Edited by Capitaine Aragon

Welcome to Eurobricks. I would love to see images of the vessel.  You can use Flickr to upload photos for free.  In my experience, a picture would generate more discussion. :thumbup: 

48 minutes ago, Phred said:

Welcome to Eurobricks. I would love to see images of the vessel.  You can use Flickr to upload photos for free.  In my experience, a picture would generate more discussion. :thumbup: 

Thank you! I have made a Flikr account under Capitaine Aragon and I am posting the pictures there.

18 hours ago, Capitaine Aragon said:

Thank you! I have made a Flikr account under Capitaine Aragon and I am posting the pictures there.

Please let me know what you think of the ship. Constructive criticism is welcomed. I also uploaded a picture of a smaller vessel I made called Isabella's Explorer. These photos are all on Flikr under Capitaine Aragon.

Another thing that I've found to work, in my experience, is to make a Brickshelf Gallery account at www.brickshelf.com, Creating a new folder, uploading the pictures there, and posting the links to the pictures here. It generates a thumbnail, and routes back directly to your Brickshelf Gallery.

Also, welcome to the Pirate Side of the Forums, Matey!

cap cabin

Here is a picture of my captain's cabin. 

below deck

Here is a look below deck. There are two identical small row boats, and a barrel of swords.

My loyal first mate Karina and Mr. Turnbuckle at the helm 

back

The backside of the ship. You can see a bit of the sails. I am planning to change the sails. I had to use Technic bricks because I do not have any official mast pieces.  

back

The backside of the ship. You can see a bit of the sails. I am planning to change the sails. I had to use Technic bricks because I do not have any official mast pieces.  

ship

Here is a side view of the ship. Pardon the quality of the photo. Sadly I do not have any rigging pieces so I am going to find a substitute for that in the future.

For such a small vessel, Id say you did a great job capturing the look and the feel. One thing just bugs me a bit as a Lego purist, I can see some non-Lego parts used on the minifigs there. But shes a great vessel anyway! :pir-classic:

Fair winds and calm seas!
Yours truly: Captain Charles J. Becker

Capitain Aragon: The Cordial Pirate

Capitain Aragon, The Cordial Pirate

crew

My loyal crew. From left to right, Mr. James(note that his hat is not a Lego hat! I thought it looked nice), Ramirez(an ex blue coat), Mr. Soto(his leg be taken to Davy Jone's locker), Mr. Turnbuckle, Mr. Gristle, Karina(first mate), Stephan( the cook), and Mr. Ratcliffe(another ex blue coat).

Captain Aragon, The Cordial Pirate

I decided to update my head piece as it looks more like me and I gave the old head to Stephan the cook.

Capitain Aragon, The Cordial Pirate

9 hours ago, Captain Becker said:

For such a small vessel, Id say you did a great job capturing the look and the feel. One thing just bugs me a bit as a Lego purist, I can see some non-Lego parts used on the minifigs there. But shes a great vessel anyway! :pir-classic:

Fair winds and calm seas!
Yours truly: Captain Charles J. Becker

Thank ye, she is small but tough. I myself am a Lego purist but, I thought that hat looked nice and fit the theme of my crew. I will post an updated pic of Catherine's Revenge once I finish the new sails. Once again, thank ye for the comment!

Sincerely, Capitaine Ethan Aragon, The Cordial Pirate

I like the blasters as cannons ... You've done a good job with the shape of the stern.  I liked the crew introduction.  The second face is more fitting of the captain.