Oky

[MOC] Aurek-Wing Fighter

The AurebeshSans-SerifBold a.png -Wing starfighter was an experimental starfighter which resembled the shape of the first letter in the Aurebesh alphabet "Aurek". It was an extremely fast and agile fighter with similar features to the U-Wing fighter. Its most notable feature was its prong-like retractable wings or S-foils that could split apart at the front to switch from flight to attack mode, thereby increasing the size of the ship's deflector shields and the spread of its fire, which earned it the nickname of Scissor Fighter. It also featured retractable landing gear, a central fin, laser cannons on each wing and in front of the cockpit, large engines on each side, as well as a small thruster behind the cockpit.

This is my entry for the Star Wars X Building Contest on FBTB and since it's NnoVVember, I decided to make it a vic viper as well.

38448969376_94bfc6123e_z.jpg

38448968926_1f0f0bec39_z.jpg

38448968696_145813d086_z.jpg

38448969046_7b0f342326_z.jpg

Here is a bird's eye view where you can see the Aurek shape better:

Image250?cb=20080329144612

26728602329_40b7569e1c_z.jpg

38448969716_965046f62c_z.jpg

38448969556_026dc8c648_z.jpg

38448968456_aaf115b650_z.jpg

26728601719_31397edd8a_z.jpg

Looks good. Sleek, aggressive & nice choice of colours! :classic: Is it based on an actual canon- ship? I'm not that familiar with SW-lore beyond the films.

16 minutes ago, LegoRacer1 said:

Very nice entry. @Oky:thumbup:

Thanks!

Just now, Littleworlds said:

Looks good. Sleek, aggressive & nice choice of colours! :classic: Is it based on an actual canon- ship? I'm not that familiar with SW-lore beyond the films.

Nope. Completely my design. The idea of starfighters based on Aurebesh letters is what the guys over at FBTB came up with.

Very nice. It looks like something that should’ve been in the sequel trilogy, instead of all the rehashes we got. It makes me curious what other Aurebesh fighters would look like.

A very cool mashup between a vic viper and star wars. As @JekPorkchops mentions, it would have been a nice change to rehashes, though rather U wingish (with nicer lines ... I was never a fan of how the U wing looked over all).

Edited by theDeanoRama
english is my 1st language and biggest hurdle.

1 hour ago, JekPorkchops said:

Very nice. It looks like something that should’ve been in the sequel trilogy, instead of all the rehashes we got. It makes me curious what other Aurebesh fighters would look like.

Thanks! You can see the other entries in the contest thread on FBTB: https://www.fbtb.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12937&p=97898#p97898

7 minutes ago, theDeanoRama said:

A very cool mashup between a vic viper and star wars. As @JekPorkchops mentions, it would have been a nice change to rehashes, though rather U wingish (with nicer lines ... I was never a fan of how the U wing looked over all).

Thank you. I actually quite like the U-Wing, hence the influences in my design. The set is a pretty nice build and fun to swoosh around. Although maybe I just liked the design because it was such a breath of fresh air after all those rehashes in TFA.

Damn what a cool ship! Saw this on Flickr the other day, but didn't realise that the wings could move!

Nice colour scheme as well!