As some folks pointed out on FB my load test with the crane was incorrect because the trailer was not connected to the truck and that's why it was unstable. To be honest I didn't think about this, I thought it was supposed to stand on it's own with the outriggers extended... I quickly tested and the trailer has less twist when it's connected, does not lift the rear right wheels. Although when the container has weight added it still drags the crane and it falls.

Working steering wheel! YAY!!! Also like how the chassis of the trailer is made from plates, quite realistic. Not sold on the crankless engine, but it had to be done to fit six cylinders. If only there was something to replace the LAs with to make it operate better :innocent2:. Besides that I look forward to getting it!

52 minutes ago, kbalage said:

As some folks pointed out on FB my load test with the crane was incorrect because the trailer was not connected to the truck and that's why it was unstable. To be honest I didn't think about this, I thought it was supposed to stand on it's own with the outriggers extended... I quickly tested and the trailer has less twist when it's connected, does not lift the rear right wheels. Although when the container has weight added it still drags the crane and it falls.

I wasn't going to mention it, but why not. 

When lowering the container you would want to keep it as close to the trailer as possible at all times. This might mean using 2 of the knobs at once to keep the container nice and close. 

This was going to be a test I did. How much weight the container could hold. 

I hope it can hold something, anything! 

Very good video.

Maybe the second steering wheel be for the B model?.

Another hit by lego sending me direct to my second dark ages, I am strong but another year like this will be too much...

26 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

Very good video.

Maybe the second steering wheel be for the B model?

That's correct, didn't think about that. 

The real garage truck has a steering wheel (and pedals) on both sides. 

59 minutes ago, aminnich said:

That's correct, didn't think about that. 

The real garage truck has a steering wheel (and pedals) on both sides. 

You mean a garbage truck has 2 steering wheels? o__O

Thanks for the video.  I'm a sucker for models like these as this will go nicely on my shelf with my 2 model team tractor trailers :)  First mod though is to delve into my old parts and start swapping out odd-colored axles and the blue 3L friction pins for black ones...

29 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

You mean a garbage truck has 2 steering wheels? 

Which way.. :wink: but yes, they do so on member can get out, then swap driving.

8 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

Which way.. :wink: but yes, they do so on member can get out, then swap driving.

Correct

if there is a trash can on the driver side, the driver can get it and the other guy can keep the truck moving. 

4 minutes ago, aminnich said:

Correct

if there is a trash can on the driver side, the driver can get it and the other guy can keep the truck moving. 

Exactly, that is such a helpful feature. I wonder if they are both connected in the set.

I'm a bit disappointed with the interiors. I expected more than a simple bed. At least a mini fridge or TV or something.

OH and turns out you guys were right the B model has two steering wheels on both sides :O

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Yup!

Didn’t notice it at first but... you can see the two steering wheels from the first leaked pictures!

See the last picture in the first page: between the screen whipers, on the left, you can (barely) see what seems to be a second steering wheel...

Definitely, the Mack is a must buy at first day!

11 hours ago, JGW3000 said:

Why does there seem to be a steering wheel under the roof of the cabin

I thought it was meant to be a roof ventilator.

@kbalage could you post some images of the parts list? Or have I missed those? :classic:

Btw, are the panels on the truck standard DBG? They look so shiny?

6 minutes ago, legolijntje said:

Btw, are the panels on the truck standard DBG? They look so shiny?

I believe because they are new - they never came in DBG in a such impressive amount :sweet:   Probably TLG changed the mold and made them more glossy...

That is a very good looking set, any idea who the designer is ? Marcus by any chance ?

Many thanks for the pictures and the video !

Just now, Freekysch said:

That is a very good looking set, any idea who the designer is ? Marcus by any chance ?

I think he is, because of the sticker on the container that reads MaKo and an bunch of numbers... :-) 

1 minute ago, Freekysch said:

Many thanks for the pictures and the video !

I think it's a joint design between Markus and Milan, on the license plate you have both MK and MR. A lot of building techniques in the truck reminds me of 42069 which is Milan's design.

Edited by kbalage

I will probably be the only one...

but after seeing the two sets i didn't find the Mack interresting anymore.

I found a lack in design homogenity between the truck and the trailer and Nothing realy special in final for a set of this prize.

Looking at the speed build i found it would be an interresting experience for the tractor truck, Nothing to see for the trailer. And, sorry, but for me it does not offer a great experience in playability...

In opposition, the rally car, with it's colored colorsheme is much more appealing to me. Fun to build and fun to play with.

Only my opinion...

The video is amazing work, well done to the poster, and an amazing model that has gone right to the top of the must buy list for 2018 Lego sets for me.

I love the entire set, part count and everything about it. I want it now - but I'll have to wait, its not even listed in lego.com in the UK yet. 

I don't like long beams for chassis much, as they twist and flex a lot if they don't have lots of bracing. It's a bit cumbersome to integrate with studless techniques, but a studded chassis is rock solid.