I had pre-ordered my copy of the Anthem set just after Christmas because there was a good deal, but the delivery was delayed several times. According to the shop, there were delivery issues form the factory in the Czech Republic due to the unexpectedly high demand for the set. This might explain the limited availability at the moment. Luckily, I finally received mine this week. Time to start building and modding.

I ordered one from A-Tembo in the Netherlands yesterday, got delivered today. At €143 (plus €5 shipping) it was a pretty good deal too.

Sorry got not trawling through all be pages but does anyone know if this is the same (or similar) scale to the 42009 B model stacker? Both from is the scale for driver/vehicle the same and are the containers similar sizes?

@Ngoc Nguyen Thanks, just wondered if they were similar enough to not look out of place next to each other and perhaps a slight rescale to enable 42009B to grab the Mack container

1 hour ago, Seasider said:

... but does anyone know if this is the same (or similar) scale to the 42009 B model stacker? Both from is the scale for driver/vehicle the same and are the containers similar sizes?

See my post in the 2018 discussion:

On 30-11-2017 at 7:54 PM, Cumulonimbus said:

Too bad the 42009 B-model isn't to scale:

vp7no1.jpg

Edited by Cumulonimbus

Disappointed

Having finally managed to get hold of this set whilst enjoying the build, I'm disappointed in TLG's quality control, as my copy was missing a 5L beam, 2, 6l half beams and I ran out of blue pins when completing bag 3.

Fortunately customer services have agreed to send out replacements (I didn't bother with the blue pins), but it does distract from the building experience.

I'd like to share some pictures of the mechanism of the B model:

20180111_234239

That is the bare chassis. The trash container is a separate module. It can be attached and detached with 4 pins and 2 axles. I absolutely love all the tubings behind the cabin so I detach the container frequently.

20180111_234406

This is the cross section of the trash container. The gear rack beneath the floor controls the ejector blade. The blade is fully folded.

20180111_234424

The blade is fully stretched. Through some simple but ingenious scissor linkages a small movement of the rack results in a huge movement of the blade.

20180111_235433

Bottom view of the container and the pins needed to attach it to the chassis.

20180111_235221

The tail gate is pushed out with a mini LA.

20180111_235321

Two 4L axles with stop connect the tail gate with the container through the top pins.

@Ngoc Nguyen thanks for interesting photos. The more I see B-model, the more I want to save money to buy the set (for characteristic parts with Mack logo etc) but to rebuild it with 62.4 tires

@Paul B: My second copy of 42078 arrived this morning, so it's perfect timing to answer this question. The general answer is:

It's bloody hell frustrating !!!

When you build the A model, you only look for a specific part in the bags that bear the number of that stage.

While if you build the B model, you will have to look for a lot more bags ! Especially when you have no idea in which stage of the A model that specific part appear.

At the time of writing this I'm frantically looking for the second steering wheel for like 30 mins. I know it appears in the bags of the 3rd stage but have not been able to locate it.

It's 3 in the morning. I started building at 11 pm. I'm working on the cabin.

UPDATE: Bloody hell one steering wheel is in bag 3 and another is in bag 2.....

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

@Paul B: My second copy of 42078 arrived this morning, so it's perfect timing to answer this question. The general answer is:

It's bloody hell frustrating !!!

Thanks. I am planning my build for the weekend (if it arrives by then). I am hoping 6 hours as I am getting my wife to take the kids out...

@Paul B I started at 11pm, and finished at 11am. That's 12 hours building straight out of the box.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

3 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

@Paul B I started at 11pm, and finished at 11am. That's 12 hours building straight out of the box.

That is a lot time invested in building *oh2*

Well I started mine last night.

1.5 hours to unbox and sort all the parts and 2 hours of building got just under 25% built of the B model. So far I am very impressed with it.

On 3/8/2018 at 8:15 AM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

It took me 2 hours do disassemble the A model and sort the parts then 4 hours to build the B model.

1 hour ago, kbalage said:

It took me 2 hours do disassemble the A model and sort the parts then 4 hours to build the B model.

You are fast *oh2*

9 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

One does not simply build the B model in 4 hours!

At least I know that I'm not capable of it :grin:

Gosh

I'm incredibly slow at building technic models it seems. I've been building this for days, but then again I do tend to build for a few hours and put aside and go do something else, and I do have OCD and have to have the pins etc all facing the right way lol 

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

One does not simply build the B model in 4 hours!

You're right, previously I only checked my blog post where I wrote "around 4 hours", so I looked at the speed build footage to be precise - it was 4 hours 36 minutes :wink: Having the parts arranged helped a lot.