9 hours ago, Kaanere said:

Short video of the B-model by the designer:

better then the A-model - at least concerning functions.... one of the best B-models over the last few years...

Edited by Kumbbl

7 minutes ago, Kumbbl said:

better then the A-model - at least concerning functions.... one of the best B-models over the last few years...

Agree with you, it is one of the very few B models I will assemble after the A. Functions are pretty awesome and finally a trash truck, although not as spetacular as 8479 Barcode Multi Set.

Not sure it's been mentioned, but Milan (@grohl) also did the tractor unit for the A model. Markus Kossmann did the trailer. This maybe helps explain why the building styles are a bit different between the two? Designer video here:

Instructions now available. Usually,  I find models with lots of purely easthetic details a bit dull to build, I like to build mechanisms! But this model looks like a fun build as it mixes in some brick based building for variety and there's a good amount of mechanics crammed into the deceptively small scale truck. It's a shame the 5x7 frames don't come in black for the truck and green for the trailer and that the cranes move so slow but I'm still gonna get it as soon as I see it on the shelf!

There's one thing I haven't been able to understand about this set:

The curved panel is 13L long, which means the length between stud holes centers are only 12L. So how can it fit nicely into the build as a hypotenuse? The liftarms that can fit as hypotenuses usually have the length as the whole number plus 1 stud. Like, 6 studs for 3 4 5 triangle, 11 studs for 6 8 10 triangle, or 16 studs for 9 12 15 triangle.

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

So how can it fit nicely into the build as a hypotenuse?

You mean the panels in the roof? They don't. The panels are 11 stud long (10 center-to-center). The complete assembly with the two inclined panels is attached to only two pins. Very clumsy imo.

640x360.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

51 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

@Didumos69 No I mean the curved black 3x13x2

https://brickset.com/parts/design-18944

Aha. You're right the inclined panels make the long side of a 5, 11, 12 triangle. For a perfect right triangle the long side should be 12.083. Not very elegant, but LDD won't have a problem with it, which is quite a good indicator whether something fits in real life without causing stress.

Edited by Didumos69

I have to say the B model is almost as cool as the A model, this set really offers a lot for the price. Here's my review & speed build of the B model:

Build time was around 4 hours (plus 2 hours to disassemble the Anthem and sort the parts). You can find more images and thoughts in my blogpost.

the amount of greebling behind the cab is quite cool, I like B model much more than A one. My usual complain is only about the accurator - manual model with accurator = no fun

Remaining parts after building the 42078 B model, credit to @kbalage But there are some parts in the picture that aren't included in the set, like the two worm gears or the spare 24z gear.

PANA0448_blog_ret.jpg

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

1 minute ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Remaining parts after building the 42078 B model, credit to @kbalage

It might be a bit more actually, I added a few bits and pieces during the motorization (although no big parts or panels).

3 hours ago, Ivan_M said:

the amount of greebling behind the cab is quite cool, I like B model much more than A one. My usual complain is only about the accurator - manual model with accurator = no fun

Agree :thumbup:

Got this set at an amazing bargain when in Germany this week. Have built it now and have to say: what a great set this is. Plenty of build time, nice details already in the build and heaps of functions.

Is there any front loader refuse truck without the upper cabin cover? The 42078 B model doesn't have the upper cabin cover. Garbage may fall on it.

Il 5/12/2017 alle 22:49, Cumulonimbus ha dichiarato:

@shimon

Grazie. Ho creato un mock-up di un rimorchio container europeo basato sul tuo file:

Sì, questo è tutto su di esso, e vedrò se riesco a renderlo strutturalmente sano di nuovo.

2r4stbc.jpg

ciao volevo sapere se riuscite a fare le istruzioni 

ciao a tutti volevo sapere se qualcuno ha mai creato delle istruzioni per un rullo da cantiere in lego technic; e se per caso potrebbe contattarmi.

Edited by Mirko

2 hours ago, Mirko said:

ciao a tutti volevo sapere se qualcuno ha mai creato delle istruzioni per un rullo da cantiere in lego technic; e se per caso potrebbe contattarmi.

Mirko, could you please write on english so we all can understand

Welcome to Eurobricks

Edited by I_Igor

On 12/20/2017 at 3:55 PM, kbalage said:

@evortigosa There's definitely space in the trailer to put motors in it, although you'll need some rearrangement either of the axles or the support beams.

If you extend the trailer to scale length of a 20' container this would add room for motors.

On 1/7/2018 at 10:27 PM, Aventador2004 said:

I wonder when they will be in USA for me, I have seen none...

Same here, when I queried them at the Lego store, they told me that they are only getting 2 to 4 at a time. Also they are usually sold before they get put out on the shelf. Patiently waiting, looking forward to building this one. 

2 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Same here, when I queried them at the Lego store, they told me that they are only getting 2 to 4 at a time. Also they are usually sold before they get put out on the shelf. Patiently waiting, looking forward to building this one. 

There wasn't even a spot at the lego store... I wonder?