d4kEeFu.jpgb1FcEoc.jpg8kXoROK.jpgI just picked up the set yesterday and boy is it fun to put together. A lot of great details. I have already started putting my own touches on it. I lengthened the trailer so that I could put a small forklift on it. I’ve attached pictures. The lift mechanism has no problems at all lifting, however there is a lot of deflection in the arms. 

Edited by Driyac
Pictures added

The Mack anthem is nice, but am I the only one that is excited by the b model more?. Any more info about the b model garbage truck?.

54 minutes ago, technicfan said:

The Mack anthem is nice, but am I the only one that is excited by the b model more?. Any more info about the b model garbage truck?.

No, you're not the only one. I'm very curious for the b model instructions.

1 hour ago, technicfan said:

no you're not, IMHO B-model is better :thumbup:

Yes, I am also very curious to the B model, which I think I like better as well. (But that's mostly because I just find trailer-trucks very uninteresting.)

yes, the slope thing was my fault.

The trailer is surprisingly solid and mostly build with panels as a backbone. Only the part above the Kingpin is a bit to wobbly at this time.

24352090427_ac252ea679_c.jpg

38338185835_85832a2316_c.jpg

38508065754_b7b2a19cd1_c.jpg

38508066044_f9a33653ee_c.jpg

24353522127_73e71bc4c8_c.jpg

38508066534_e74129002d_c.jpg

38508066814_64dd8aa295_c.jpg

38508067064_1f9074d217_c.jpg

24353522927_f3f24cd4e9_c.jpg

Edited by efferman

1 minute ago, iv-tecman said:

So when is expected UK store release? I can see all other 2018 h1 models on Lego.com but no mack truck

I thought I'd seen something saying 1st January but, I can't find it now.

1 minute ago, Boulderer said:

I thought I'd seen something saying 1st January but, I can't find it now.

Hope so, that would be pretty cool - really can't wait to get my hands on this set... 

@Driyac Unfortunately i doesnt understand your question, but the gearing works fine. A motor would be nice, but it is not neccessary

39216505591_b8cbee7c43_c.jpg

27440632859_8332351eff_c.jpg

27440633139_21a4e562c7_c.jpg

27440633359_389fc440a9_c.jpg

27440633609_4f0a05765b_c.jpg

A small surface variation on the dbg 5x11 panels. some are matte, some are glossy
25350632138_8e75aca6bf_c.jpgStep 7 (1) by Michael Wirth, auf Flickr

Just now, efferman said:

A small surface variation on the dbg 5x11 panels. some are matte, some are glossy

This links to an issue that was seen with black panels recently.  At least it confirms that there is a mould variation that is causing the difference in appearance.

4 hours ago, Boulderer said:

This links to an issue that was seen with black panels recently.  At least it confirms that there is a mould variation that is causing the difference in appearance.

I think I saw this on more panels than just black (and DBG). Isn't this happening for a few years already?

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Totally agree on the remote thing. These two functions need to be controlled simultaneously.

Or make another gearbox with two levers that switch directions for both functions: left one for the main liftarm (big LAs), and the right for smaller arm (small LAs).

3 hours ago, legolijntje said:

I think I saw this on more panels than just black (and DBG). Isn't this happening for a few years already?

That could well be the case. I just know that it has been discussed in a recent thread. 

26 minutes ago, efferman said:

Rebuild in LDD as base for modifications. Actual standing is page 98 and the end of step 2

http://www.doktor-brick.de/index.php/Attachment/33652-42078-Mack-Anthem-page-98-lxf/

Hi efferman,

many thanks for publishing the LDD-file of the Mack! Will there be a file of the complete tractor unit? It would be a great add-on for the file of my luffing crane.

Luckily my trailer does fit to the fifth wheel :sweet:

Regards

Leonard Goldstein

14 minutes ago, efferman said:

actually iam at page 109 and the goal is the full set.

Many thanks in advance for this work (and for your previous posts of course)! Can't wait to get the Mack  :wub: