The Mack is probably the first non flagship set that is nevertheless packed in a flagship box. Its box has the same dimensions with boxes of 42030, 42043, and 42070.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

3 hours ago, rener said:

Nice teaser! Bet you’ve got some more pics!

It is such a huge tease ... : - ) this is the set I am most looking forward to, it looks epic. 

Even if the Mack is available early in the UK I’m going to wait until the Anniversary set is available as the special offer. Also hopefully by this point in time my UCS falcon will be on its way/arrived and so I’ll have lots of lovely points to spend too.

8 hours ago, kbalage said:

And it's got a lot of plastic bags inside...:)
PANA9745_EB_ret.jpg

Where did you find it in hungary, or from where you ordered?

Thanks in advance :)

Damn that's expensive efferman...
I've ordered 2 to our store and I don't wanna say how much we've paid for them, but with 25% taxes accounted for and the profit the store gotta make I'd say 150 euro or cheaper is considered a very good price here in Sweden.
We're on the second highest discount "level" with them.
TLG has a recommended price of 180 euro here for this set, way too much if you ask me, I'll be grabbing one at 130ish, employee discounts rule :devil:

Just now, degenerate said:

employee discounts rule :devil:

Ok then, i wonder what TLG discounts are?.. :devil:

Just now, Aventador2004 said:

Ok then, i wonder what TLG discounts are?.. :devil:

The more space your store has for lego the more discount you'll get.

It's not that much of a discount and the difference between the different "levels" aren't big either, but every percent helps :classic:

Most of the companies we buy stuff from work in the same way.

The more we buy and the more space we give their stuff, the better discount we'll get from them.

Edited by degenerate

As the Mack has it's own topic I won't create another one, hopefully everyone finds the video here. I tried this time to review all the functions in details and provide also my view. Sorry, still no new parts in the video, I'll have a look later, did not sleep much. I was also impatiently waiting for more than an hour until YouTube was kind enough to update the video to 1080p instead of crappy low-res... 

Some images:

PANA9753_EB_ret.jpg

PANA9769_EB_ret.jpg

PANA9778_EB_ret.jpg

PANA0033_EB_ret.jpg

PANA9725_blog_ret.jpg

You can find more images in my blog post:

http://racingbrick.com/2017/12/lego-technic-42078-mack-anthem/

@kbalage did you find new parts in Mack or just recolored ones? Thanks?

(I'll look at video tomorrow due to my slow smartphone)

On the situation regarding new parts, there don't seem to be many in the Mack besides a couple of panels in DBG. Good to see plates with holes making a return to Technic, though.

Very good video, proper presentation of the functions thanks for sharing it! I especially like the Frogdog! :classic:

Edited by agrof
deutschlish - sorry

48 minutes ago, kbalage said:

If i looked at the video correctly, this truck is a dream come true:
- more than one axle driven, on a non-suspension vehicle
- custom built engine
- working steering wheel
- potential room for a battery behind the driver seats
- colossal parts pack

I'm in love. Fortunately i haven't looked at the prices yet

Nice video and presentation - clearly room for modification and converting to PF, which is a great appeal, in addition to being a nice display model.

Why does there seem to be a steering wheel under the roof of the cabin, at 18:47 into the video?

Edited by JGW3000

@I_Igor I don't remember any new parts, there're pieces in new color which I didn't see yet, but I'll have a look tomorrow in details.

@schraubedrin I totally forgot to show the working steering wheel separately in the video, it's a cool feature I agree :) It'll be easy to make it RC I agree.

@JGW3000 I was surprised too to see another steering wheel, it's a support for the roof I think.

@valenciaeric I'll take a photo tomorrow of both

@aminnich I think it's additional protection for the instructions and the stickers, too many bags wandering around in the big box could damage it even if it's wrapped.

The same stupid steering system over and over again. The lack of new parts is also letdown, as well as gray frames.. On the other hand the overal look and number of parts in DBG is appealing to me.

37 minutes ago, JGW3000 said:

Why does there seem to be a steering wheel under the roof of the cabin, at 18:47 into the video?

27 minutes ago, kbalage said:

I was surprised too to see another steering wheel, it's a support for the roof I think.

I do not know the answer simply because I do not have the model in hand, but does the second hidden steering wheel turn when you steer the truck?  If it does, I am going to guess TLG set it up like that to easily make the truck into a daycab :)