I believe You can easily drive the current HOG upwards with light modification, so your planned trailer will fit perfectly. There is always a way. :wink:

By the way, a 53ft container is going to be huge. This version (in blue) has 740 parts give or take a few connectors:

juz3o8.jpg

Edited by Cumulonimbus

Are you sure that is right?  That looks really long.  I am guessing the container by itself is the given size?  Have you calculated out what the dimensions of that container is? 

Just now, aminnich said:

Are you sure that is right?  That looks really long.  I am guessing the container by itself is the given size?  Have you calculated out what the dimensions of that container is? 

Ah, I see I have made a small error: I assumed that a shipping container is about 7.5 ft wide based on the image below, and the Anthem is 15 studs wide, so every foot in real life scales down to two studs in Technic. My model of the 53ft container is 106 studs long. Now I see that 7,6ft is the size of the door opening, the container itself is actually 8ft wide, this means a 53ft needs to be 100 studs long. Still a long Technic box if you ask me. I'll make a new versions soon.

40ft-container-dimensions-proper.fw_.png

4 hours ago, Cumulonimbus said:

I assumed that a shipping container is about 7.5 ft wide based on the image below, and the Anthem is 15 studs wide, so every foot in real life scales down to two studs in Technic

This is only true is the scale of the truck is correct compared to the container.  I can not find the proper width of the Anthem truck, but I did find a comparable truck, the Granite truck by MACK

granite.PNG

Fender to fender is 101.5 inches or 8.45 feet.

Compared to the model truck's width 15L. So I get a ratio scale of 1:6.76

So the container itself is actually a little bit thinner than the truck (probably because of wide fenders), but as for length, I get that the Technic model should be 94L long and 13.5L wide (13 might be easier than 14).  

So yes, it is a large technic box, I will not disagree with you on that one :classic: And I am not trying to correct you, your calculations were very close.  

Just for one side, you would need 18 5x11 panels x 4 = 72 panels + 4ish panels for the doors, 76ish panels in total just for a box haha

EDIT:

Here is a rough mockup of what I am talking about, those tires are the same as on the MACK, the trailer still looks too long 

640x156.jpg

Edited by aminnich

12 hours ago, Cumulonimbus said:

By the way, a 53ft container is going to be huge. This version (in blue) has 740 parts give or take a few connectors:

juz3o8.jpg

53 ft containers are generally railway use only the max you would see on the road is a 40ft you have to  love ldd and unlimited bricks 

If we know the length of the Mack track model, this image could help with scaling. 

fda8f44c-a8b5-452a-adba-98bbb161234c.jpg

EDIT: 

also, maybe we should consider a MOD page for the MACK? 

Edited by aminnich

Yeah, there is no such thing as a 53 ft container. Trailer yes, but the containers are only 45 ft long, and that is rather uncommon. The most common kind of containers are 20 ft or 40 ft ISO containers.

13 minutes ago, Saberwing40k said:

Yeah, there is no such thing as a 53 ft container. Trailer yes, but the containers are only 45 ft long, and that is rather uncommon. The most common kind of containers are 20 ft or 40 ft ISO containers.

Do you mean for road travel?

Edited by Bartybum

Also truck looks beautiful with such type trailer (instructions are free):

800x533.jpg

10 minutes ago, aminnich said:

I'm referring to something like this 

csxu232514.jpg

Yeah that’s what I thought; unlike what @Saberwing40k said, 53ft containers for road travel are most certainly a thing.

Different clountries have different road laws for different weight classes. They actually could be illegal in your country

I had a suspicion a while back that Saber’s an Aussie (I am too) so it would make sense if he’s never seen 53ft containers. I honestly don’t ever recall seeing anything over 40ft in Australia.

After some googling, I'm staggered by all the possible variations in ISO shipping containers world wide. So far I have seen the following types:

Length variations: 5 (non-ISO), 10 (non-ISO), 20, 40, 45, 48, 53 ft
Height variations: half height, standard height, high cube
Configurations: general purpose (standard), double door, open top, open side, flat rack, collapsible, reefer (refrigrated), tank, swap body, bulk

And of course any possible permutation of these variants exist.

EDIT: this is an interesting site for those who want more info about types, sizes and norms of shipping containers: http://www.shippingcontainers24.com

Edited by Cumulonimbus

Btw, I did the math. The cost of the panels you would need for a 53' trailer comes to about $86. You could almost buy a whole other set! 

3 hours ago, Cumulonimbus said:

This trailer might be a bit more in the style of the upcoming Mack (shown with the equivalent of a 40' container):

oayn49.jpg

That looks like a tipical trailer for the states I like that

It seems, that some people had already bought the Mack Anthem set ... I wonder, will it be widely available right now, or we will have to wait for it until March?

25394951_1671164216291913_7154615377705986651_o.jpg

I already managed to buy it in Hungary, I know ppl who bought it in the US as well. I think you'll be able to buy from Lego directly online from the 1st of January.

9 hours ago, kbalage said:

I already managed to buy it in Hungary, I know ppl who bought it in the US as well. I think you'll be able to buy from Lego directly online from the 1st of January.

As I remember there is a pre-order on ebay. They promise to deliver till the New Year.