@shimon

Thank you. I made a crude mock-up of an European container trailer based on your file:

Next, I will put the cranes back on it, and see if I can make it structurally sound again.

2r4stbc.jpg

3 hours ago, Aleh said:

Mack available for sale.

According to the text the seller will ship it on 27.12.2017, that might be the date when it'll become available in Germany.

Is it possible to mod a proper duallie to the rear axles?

615842_Screen6.jpg.res-1280x720.jpg

And I found DBG pin with bush in the front fender.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

5 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

And I found DBG pin with bush in the front fender.

If you mean just in front of the front wheels, I think it's just DBG 32039 instead - it has a 4L axle through it. You can see them in the B-model A pillars as well. Last seen in 2006.

43 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Not even a bit. You would not be able to have differentials. Also, a dually mode is not needed. Trucks like this can have single tires on the rear axles, which are about as wide as these are proportionally.

How does the mechanism work to connect to the container?  If we know this, I think we could start modifying the container to better suit using a machine like this.  Also, just my opinion, but if someone is going to be modifying the trailer, really the arms should be removed.  With it being an American truck, the European style trailer does not look right. 

I know I know, what I just said contradicts what I said about my trailer for the MACK, but still.

A 53-foot trailer (single container) is pretty much standard here in the States.  

1 minute ago, jorgeopesi said:

Beautiful machine, does anyone know its brand?.

Toyota, it says on top url, and i am a huge fan of their vehicles.

2 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

Toyota, it says on top url, and i am a huge fan of their vehicles.

Thanks, I didn´t know that they built those machines.

Just now, jorgeopesi said:

Thanks, I didn´t know that they built those machines.

Odd thing I realized is they also mad compact mini loaders at a time.

They manufacture lots of construction compacts, like forklifts.

8 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

7 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

Not even a bit. You would not be able to have differentials. Also, a dually mode is not needed. Trucks like this can have single tires on the rear axles, which are about as wide as these are proportionally.

Well, I still believe that it is a possible modification. We may shorten the axles mounting connectors by one stud from the each side (-2L in total) and then two more wheel could be added. In total the axle will be wider at 3L (1.5 + 1.5). Unfortunately I have no finished model in LDD, so I was able to check it only using an attempt to make a rear part:

800x533.jpg

10 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

... Also, a dually mode is not needed. Trucks like this can have single tires on the rear axles, which are about as wide as these are proportionally.

You're right. This setup is often called "super single tires":

super_single_tire_dsc03013.jpg

Although I do agree that dual tires would look more appropriate, I think that the current Lego tires are simply too wide for a realistic look in this scale. I was hoping that the London bus tires would fit in a dual setup, but then the diameter of these is too small. As a result, I think I would just keep the tire setup as it comes in the set, but simply increase the wheel base of the Anthem.

Edited by Cumulonimbus

Yes, yes! Double wheels 49mm looks too wide, I found this when I was building my American yellow truck. Single tires look much more better, imo.

2 hours ago, Cumulonimbus said:

You're right. This setup is often called "super single tires":

I never heard about them, but just googled... It turns that these "super single tires" are much better than an old-school "duals" in terms of a fuel economy (less rolling resistance, better traction etc.) and a new argue topic for truck drivers in terms of other factors. It's interesting that "single vs. duals" confrontation is not an only TLG-related topic, but a global one. :look:

Just now, Void_S said:

I never heard about them, but just googled... It turns that these "super single tires" are much better than an old-school "duals" in terms of a fuel economy (less rolling resistance, better traction etc.) and a new argue topic for truck drivers in terms of other factors. It's interesting that "single vs. duals" confrontation is not an only TLG-related topic, but a global one. :look:

Also Mercedes Arocs uses this type - "Super single Tires" 

produktgruppen_loader_nutzlastoptimierte

usually on truck like this

exhibits-construction-transport-300-04.j

with tires 495/45R22.5 at the rear

About duals, on Axle collection tread I found this idea by @Saberwing40k but I think it is to wide for Mack

Just now, I_Igor said:

About duals, on Axle collection tread I found this idea by @Saberwing40k but I think it is to wide for Mack

No, it shouldn't. This axle adds about +0.5 studs on either side like @Bartybum wrote a few posts earlier here (+1 stud in total), but the rear side of Anthem should be re-designed by removal of extra liftarms.

Edited by Void_S

Just now, Void_S said:

No, it shouldn't. This axle adds about +0.5 studs on either side like @Bartybum wrote a few posts earlier here (+1 stud in total), but the rear side of Anthem should be re-designed by removal of extra liftarms.

Well it could be modified, why not?

I disagree, there is enough place for a hand (see below), and also it is a reasonable compromise not to destroy the look with a sticking out control knob on the smooth roof. Don't forget, it is a licensed model, where overall appearance is a very strong constraint. Steering solutions therefore must be more hidden, think for: 42043, 42053, 42054 and now 42078, not to mention the Porsche. :grin:

42078_04.jpg

Ya I guess I didnt really think of that.  After I modify the trailer, the steering location will definitely be a problem. :sceptic: