Copied from Facebook User Noman Iqbal from Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan. 

I can split this into a separate topic.

37566070825_8dae0ddc28.jpg

37566070755_40fbf50156.jpg

37566070725_c33925c559.jpg

37566070645_2e637c4e05.jpg

37566071085_0e3e2594be.jpg

37566070975_4632a4367d.jpg

37566070925_fc99043f41.jpg

37566071155_32f2decfaa.jpg

11 minutes ago, Jim said:

I can split this into a separate topic.

I think it's a good idea, becasue I believe other memebers will join the discussion and the topic turns into the "yacht discussion" very soon :sweet:

This is the same blue as the 42070, Dark Azure.

35884074426_1f9c597328_c.jpg

It looks like steeringwheel is connected to the sailboom as well. So there are three ways to control the rudder and sail. That's really neat.

I'm normally not so much into these midrange sets, but this is a good one!

38 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

It looks like steeringwheel is connected to the sailboom as well

Usually it doesn't since sailors needs to control them independently to move with a variable angle to wind (sailboom rotation = direction and strength of a wind pressure > "speed" of the boat movement / rudder = direction of a boat movement).

Instead of that, I'd suppose that the steering column (this 5L DBG liftarm) just tilts to the left-right sides to stand off the line from the sailboom to have a better sight angle and be a counter-weight to the roll caused by a wind pressure (it rolls the yacht to side where the sail oriented).

Plus, since we have moved the discussion here, let me duplicate the links to LDD replicas:

A-Model (the yacht) by @Tomik

File is here: http://www.kostky.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=51198.0;attach=159549

I'm not totally sure how bottom is built but it should be close to my design with those wheels.

Attempt to make a B-model (the catamaran) by me:

Thank you! I've adjusted the color (it should be dark azure, if I'm not mistaken) and tried to make a B-model (in the same file): https://www.bricksafe.com/files/Void_s/2018-sets/42074-A.lxf

Edited by Void_S

Looks good, neat functions. And... *oh2* SPLIT instructions?! I think I will pick up one of these for sure!

Interesting to note, I wasn't too fond of the sail pattern, but subtle inclusion of the gear patterns is nice.

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I think those two are instructions for A and B model instead of split instructions since they look slightly different.

It cannot be, because there is a 1 on the manual, denoting the first of two manuals.

Please note that the top of the sail in A model and B model are slightly different (there is a round part on top in the A model) and the photo of the instructions is clear enough to notice this difference. I believe these are the two instruction booklets for both models of 42074

8 minutes ago, Qukie said:

Please note that the top of the sail in A model and B model are slightly different (there is a round part on top in the A model) and the photo of the instructions is clear enough to notice this difference. I believe these are the two instruction booklets for both models of 42074

Yep, the bottom one doesn't have a half-visible White Globe. Both instructions for A and B models are seem to be in paper. By the way, I was surprised to the same for 42063 (BMW R1200 GS).
Anyway I don't think that this set is too complicate to have a two instruction books: only boat itself, sailboom, sailboom rotation pulleys with gears and also geared rudder with a steering wheel.

A video review arrived!

P.S. It's not a mine review, just found it at YouTube :classic:

Edited by Void_S

@I_Igor, I'm not an author), but I also liked this review. Too bad that the B-model (catamaran) doesn't have any steering wheel or even a simple tiller connected to rudders. I was expecting that I just missed something before this information, but not...

11 minutes ago, Void_S said:

@I_Igor, I'm not an author), but I also liked this review. Too bad that the B-model (catamaran) doesn't have any steering wheel or even a simple tiller connected to rudders. I was expecting that I just missed something before this information, but not...

I have realized that you are not author, but I'm thanking you for posting review here :wink:

I like it. I'll be picking one of these up, at £24.99 UK price its a good price Technic set with some interesting features. The pulley system is nice, and it has some nice parts in it.

Looks great!

It a bit of a shame that lego used 3 gears for the steering assembly which would have been a lot more 'attractive' to buy if they used small chain links (which i need lol).

1 hour ago, MattL600 said:

Looks great!

It a bit of a shame that lego used 3 gears for the steering assembly which would have been a lot more 'attractive' to buy if they used small chain links (which i need lol).

Perhaps they will be in some 2H set, but this set is very good representation of basic features on sailing boats :thumbup:

...and has nice colors