Darnok

[COR] Negotiations in the Blue Dragon

It was a sunny day in Mesabi Landing. The "Blue Dragon" was full of customers. The first (and currently only) tavern in town was named after its signature drink, the vilest massacre of brain cells in drinkable form outside of Charlatan Bay. It also served some excellent - i.e. actually drinkable - rum and beer.

mgzUS4Z.jpg

P2YxgwD.jpg

Behind the main building was, among more seating under palmtree shadow, a small swimming pool - a favourite among the locals!

uZpK5km.jpg

c4nunUn.jpg

Inside it was full house. Any new guests would be seated by Barney, the bouncer crab. The bartender and owner, Joe, was busy serving the crowd.

B5SiW7v.jpg

lm2sruj.jpg

Y95PWQd.jpg

cdxYBIB.jpg

Meanwhile, standing outside was Mordo, waiting to meet Lady Mesabi as arranged last week. She arrived on horse, as usual accompanied by her trusted WTC Marines.

Qys7Rfu.jpg

p3wBdSe.jpg

"Greeting m' Lady. I fear the locality is quite crowded. Maybe we should meet again at another time or place?"

"Let me handle that..." she replied, kicking in the front door and firing a pistol - where did she hide that a moment ago? - in the air and shouting: "OUT OF HERE, ALL OF YA! Barry, you can stay. Joe: some of your finest for me, some of your worst for my guest. Then: OUUUTTT!!!!" Another shot, and shortly afterwards the room was cleared. The WTC Marines guarded the doors, one already eying the drinks left behind by the shocked guests (one of whom even leaving his pants behind).

6UpT2Ux.jpg

paLjzxU.jpg

pOtNKqZ.jpg

"With that out of the way: speak. What is it you want to discuss with me?"

"Expect a wall of text now..."

Mgrkl2X.jpg

"So first things first: this is not about stroking each others ego. I believe we will be better off supporting each other, and I guess you will be of the same opinion soon.

Having said that: I would like to join the WTC, but have a few demands in return. As you know, I have invested in quite a few plantations around Mesabi Landing already, and plan to continue to do so. Surprisingly many plants thrive on this rocky piece of Megabloks. Soon the results of an experiment of mine should be in, and we could be sitting on a profitable monopoly then!

But there is more! I have learned of a species of lice that gives the finest carmine available, and it grows on some sort of cacti which are abundant on Argentia. I have hired an expert on the matter, arriving soon. Corrington would pay good money for our carmine, I am sure.

This is wehre the problems start. See, we would have the colour, but lack the cloth to dye it with. For all the things that grow here: cotton is not among them. And think about other profitable plants. We tried to grow Cannabis and Kath here, without success - and those come with great profits, and customers tend to return for more soon!"

Lady Mesabi angrily interrupted Mordo: "Maybe you are retarded, but why do you tell me all that in advance? Why should I not just shoot you right here, right now, and do all of that myself?"

"Because you care about profit, and there is no profit in shooting me. On top of that: I have the expertise needed, and the funds. Do you? All I need is land to build on and a partner to secure my investments. The WTC can provide both."

"And what do you want in return?"

"Nothing spectacular really. The exclusive rights to build plantations on Argentia for starters. A title would be nice, maybe "Supreme Landlord Of Argentia" - something subtle. We spoke about cotton and other plants that can not be grown here - I plan to start a settlement close to here on Cascadia. Everything I mentioned should grow well there. I want you to stay out of my business over there. The same way you and your Count can always have the last word on everything here on Argentia, I want complete reign over anything I am up to on Cascadia.

So what do you say?"

=======================================================================================================

A medium sized tavern (i.e. artisan) for Mesabi Landing. @Mesabi: please license this build for the settlement. The yield is of course all yours.

Also to @Mesabi: the negotiations are not done yet. I have sent you some more info in a PM, and would appreciate a IC reply in this thread.

Edited by Drunknok

Mordo reiterated

1. Mordo is to be the only one to build plantations on Argentia from the month of December on
  2. the WTC (i.e.: you) has the right to wish for one specific type of plantation to be built per 3 months, the rest is up to me
  3. the WTC will support, and not interfere, in any settlement expansions of Mordo on the island of Cascadia
  4. I will support the WTC with at least one small property in Mesabi Landing per month, with at least one medium property per every three months (example: small - small - medium | small - medium - small | ... )
  5. Mesabi Landing will license all of the builds in the bullet point above and pay the license fee back to me (after all, you get the yields from those builds, the added money for ML, more mayors pay, etc.)
  6. on top of the previous promise, I will build and license (from my pockets) at least one property for Mesabi Landing every two months, each being at least medium sized
  7. Mordo - i.e. me - always has the last word in any questions concerning whatever goes on at Cascadia

Agnes responded. "Well, you have ambition, that is for sure. But how will the WTC export these resources? We barely have enough ships to go around. I'll accept your demands on a few conditions. First, we need to be able to request to build plantations in your absence. Say you have a bad month. We won't fault you as long as you allow for us to build plantations in your absence. Second, you need to provide a ship for us. At the very least, a ferry between Cascadia and Argentia. We can't be hauling you around day in and day out. If you agree to those to points, I think we have a deal. And Waiter, Bring me another fresh bottle! This one had all the booze go away!"

Mordo stroked his chin. "My dear Lady Mesabi, you surprise me. I consider your response not as demands, but as excellent suggestions. As long as my absence is not forced on me, we have an agreement on the first point!

On the topic of transport and export by ship I actually want to go even further than what you ask for. Not one, but two ships are en route to Mesabi Landing as we speak. This was supposed to be a surprise, but I take it as a good sign that you made me reveal it so soon. I have recently... acquired some vessels, which will arrive soon. One is a small transport ship, perfect for the transport of goods both between Argentia and Cascadia, as well as to ports nearby. The other one is quite a bit bigger, properly armed and will be an excellent asset for both trade and - if necessary - war.

I think we have an agreement. The last word is up to you, but I raise my glass to a profitable future! Joe, we need some more!"

KPWMpW6.jpg

OOC, additions bolded:

35 minutes ago, Mesabi said:
  • Mordo is to be the only one to build plantations on Argentia from the month of December on
  • if the player of Mordo (i.e. Drunknok) does not log in on Eurobricks for at least two weeks in any given month, the point above does not apply for this month
  • the WTC (i.e.: you) has the right to wish for one specific type of plantation to be built per 3 months, the rest is up to me
  • the WTC will support, and not interfere, in any settlement expansions of Mordo on the island of Cascadia
  • I will support the WTC with at least one small property in Mesabi Landing per month, with at least one medium property per every three months (example: small - small - medium | small - medium - small | ... )
  • Mesabi Landing will license all of the builds in the bullet point above and pay the license fee back to me (after all, you get the yields from those builds, the added money for ML, more mayors pay, etc.)
  • on top of the previous promise, I will build and license (from my pockets) at least one property for Mesabi Landing every two months, each being at least medium sized
  • Mordo - i.e. me - always has the last word in any questions concerning whatever goes on at Cascadia
  • Mordo will provide two ships
  • one of these ships will be a class 2, ready before the end of November 2017
  • the other ship will be a class 4, ready before the end of January 2018
  • both ships will be licensed by player Drunknok
  • IC both of these ships will be for the WTC, OOC player Mesabi has the right to demand the use of the class 4 vessel to be ordered as he sees fit, player Drunknok has the right to veto (proper IC reasons must be given and supported by at least one 16x16 build)

I think the WTC will shortly have a new member. :thumbup:

Edited by Drunknok

Looks like a cosy place to chill on any other day :D

The tablecloth is simple but looks very nice. Most LEGO pubs I've seen just have wooden tables so that really stands out.

The little plants look great as well, might have to put some of those Fiorentia 

I really like this build with all of its color, and small details (cabinet, tables, bottles, plants, candles, etc.) Though the action in many minifigure poses is my favorite part of this and many of your builds. Great negotiations between the two of you though it is quite the complicated arrangement it seems. Keep up the great work. 

A nice inn with a unique colour scheme. Interesting agreement - looks like the Governor will have to keep a close eye on the western end of Cascadia...

And with the agreement completely hashed out, Agnes stumbled out of the bar, got on her horse and rode off into the sunset. 

(Just making sure everything we agreed upon is final :classic:)

Meanwhile in Trador, only a few hundred miles away, Mayor Yohannes Ethiximus received word of the deal:

37186044095_49e74fa4c1_n.jpg Hah, looks like my supposed twin brother has settlement plans as well... Let's see where the WTC will take him...

42 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

Meanwhile in Trador, only a few hundred miles away, Mayor Yohannes Ethiximus received word of the deal:

37186044095_49e74fa4c1_n.jpg Hah, looks like my supposed twin brother has settlement plans as well... Let's see where the WTC will take him...

Ha! Awesome! :pir-grin:

Edited by Drunknok