Sign in to follow this  
merc

[OL - FB] Rhodos

So this is my first attempt at  ship. 

Name: Rhodos

Class: 2

38026050736_0a418c68e7_c.jpgRhodos by Mike Mercado, on Flickr

This ship has been fitted more for cargo and as such has forgone the typical cannon associated with a gunboat.

As my first ship I welcome any C and C

Mike

For a firts trial, this is a honest class 1 ship !

The hull is pretty good, even if a little bit bulky... would have gain in "lightness" if partially "hollowed"

A nice first attempt (mine was hugely worse)

A bit C&C since you asked:

The hull is a bit tall I think (expect at least half of it to stay below water level when at sea) so if you want to present it that way, you can lower the whole hull by one brick height (or partially sink your ship in a handful of 1x1 round plates. 

Regarding sails, I found every ship a bit more appealing if it has some forms of sail, even a paper one (and even rolled up, in a secure position, on  the mast) You should try it one day as it vastly improves appearance imo.

That's all from me and I would like to wish you a pleasant staying once more.

Overall, you have a nice looking ship! I like the color scheme too. If I were to change one thing, I'd move the mast forward some.

This a nice first ship.

I would have made a longer and thinner bowsprit and probably add some sails. Like Blackdeathgr I find ships more appealing with sails, even if paper sails.

A little comment on the hull : I find it a little bit bulky. Try to make some curves on your hull that makes then more realistic and helps to have a sleek aspect on the entire boat.

all in all it is a nice class 1 ship and welcome aboard ! You've already have an apple on board ! Good job !

A good attempt for you first boat. :thumbup:

Unlinke others, I do like the hull. It might be unrealistic, but it looks good to me, and gives the ship some mass and "visual impact". The lack of sail(s) is weird - how is it moving at the moment? I would add some for sure. My last point would be the bowsprit: it is just too fat. You could use either the premade mast parts (as for main mast), or things like the 1x1 round bricks you also used for the railing.

Adding a sailor with navigational gear is great, and I love the guy eating an apple with a knife.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this