Sign in to follow this  
Aventador2004

Compact Pneumatic Excavator + My own sketch

2 hours ago, LvdH said:

Really a nice moc. Well done!

44 minutes ago, Myers Lego Technic said:

Very nice. One of your best.

Thanks, So many comments, i think this is second best ever, behind my supercar.

Edited by Aventador2004

So, I am joining to the crowd, and I gratulate. :thumbup: :classic:

This small excavator is really well done, I like the overall proportions and the shape. Keep on building, your skills are improving clearly. :thumbup:

2 hours ago, agrof said:

So, I am joining to the crowd, and I gratulate. :thumbup: :classic:

This small excavator is really well done, I like the overall proportions and the shape. Keep on building, your skills are improving clearly. :thumbup:

Thank you very much. If you need to ask a question I will be away for most of the day, so I might not answer. I will be at a project day with it.

13 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

What do you mean by bend in the first section?

Take a look at 8047, you can see one of these> 6629.png has been used to create a rigid bend in the larger section of the arm.

8047-1.jpg?200912280229

51 minutes ago, mocbuild101 said:

Take a look at 8047, you can see one of these> 6629.png has been used to create a rigid bend in the larger section of the arm.

8047-1.jpg?200912280229

That is exactly what I am using... It must not be easily seen for you I guess.

1 hour ago, Aventador2004 said:

That is exactly what I am using... It must not be easily seen for you I guess.

Oh, now I see it, I thought that was a moving joint, but now I can see that it's rigid... I think it might have been the beams extending past the bend that confused me... :look:

5 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

Oh, now I see it, I thought that was a moving joint, but now I can see that it's rigid... I think it might have been the beams extending past the bend that confused me... :look:

All good, it is a 7x3, then the 9x1.

Very nice compact Excavator! The pneumatics look well thought out and are a good solution for the functions of the MOC. I believe it would have been much harder to use Linear Actuators to accomplish the same functions if it were even possible in such a small size.

You should submit it to Rebrickable, I believe it would be well received and in demand!

Overall, great MOC!

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

2 hours ago, Andy D said:

Very nice compact Excavator! The pneumatics look well thought out and are a good solution for the functions of the MOC. I believe it would have been much harder to use Linear Actuators to accomplish the same functions if it were even possible in such a small size.

You should submit it to Rebrickable, I believe it would be well received and in demand!

Overall, great MOC!

Andy D

Thanks, but I don't think I want to make get another account yet. If someone else wants to, I can send any files or instructions when ready.

6 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

If someone else wants to, I can send any files or instructions when ready.

I'm always looking to improve my instructions making skills, so I'd be happy to do it, just send the LDD file (via PM), and I'll make PDF instructions from it.

(and of course, I'll give full credit to you when I upload it to Rebrickable :wink:)

Edited by mocbuild101

Just now, mocbuild101 said:

I'm always looking to improve my instructions making skills, so I'd be happy to do it, just send the LDD file (via PM), and I'll make PDF instructions from it.

It may take a few days, but I can make most of the file. The only part I don't know how to do is the bending of tracks or beams. Can you help me with that? Otherwise I am very happy to help make instructions in a pdf.

6 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

Can you help me with that?

Yes, but to keep from going off topic too much, I've sent you a PM...

Update!

The ldd file is done and sent to @mocbuild101 who is making instructions for this. The base instructions part are done afaik.

Keep a eye on this topic.

9 hours ago, ArsMan064 said:

Oh, really nice excavator! It has very high playability!

Thank you. I think having the third cylinder may decrease playability of i had added it.

Hi members!

Thanks to the generosity of fellow Eurobricks member @mocbuild101 Instructions have been made for my model. He has spent 2 and a half weeks working on the instructions after i made a LDD file and sent it to him. 

Instructions (352 parts)

LDdraw file

Rebrickable (in mocbuild's)

Renders: (By @mocbuild101

Animation.gif

Spoiler

For closer folding boom, mocbuild changed it for more upward movement, but we found this idea after...

640x299.jpg

Final Features:

• Pneumatic pump
  • Pneumatic lift
  • Pneumatic dipper (+ bucket)
  • Seat
  • Rear opening panel

Final pictures

IMG_3462.JPG

IMG_3465.JPG

IMG_3468.JPG

IMG_3469.JPG

IMG_3471.JPG

IMG_3472.JPG

IMG_3475.JPG

IMG_3476.JPG

Original topic:

Thanks for looking, and if you build it, can you please show pictures...

Edited by Aventador2004

1 hour ago, LvdH said:

Looks nice from the pictures :thumbup:. Might give this a try, but I would have to replace the cylinders with medium ones because I don't have large ones. But I see it doesn't need the full travel so it might just work.

Fixed. It would be nice to see how you do that, especially the fact of someone like you building it. 

3 hours ago, Myers Lego Technic said:

Holy Moly Mary Mother of God. you have a model with instructions. You are moving up in the world. :thumbup:

Woah, what a reply for such model. Actually @mocbuild101 deserves a lot of credit too, he did a ton of work on the instructions. 

I do like how much easier it was to build after the instructions were made.

3 hours ago, Milan said:

Merged to a single topic.

I was expecting this, I realized after posting that it should go in the old topic.

11 hours ago, LvdH said:

Might give this a try, but I would have to replace the cylinders with medium ones because I don't have large ones. But I see it doesn't need the full travel so it might just work.

Yes it will work, I tried it once when I built it.

1 minute ago, mocbuild101 said:

Yes it will work, I tried it once when I built it.

The 1x11's or the 7x2's?