Sign in to follow this  
ProvenceTristram

[MOCs] New Castle and Bethy's Castle

So, I built like 4 castles before I settled on one I was really happy with (Blackwail Castle), but considering the time invested, I did want to at least share a few of them over the next few days, as they are never likely to be built. This one - which I never named, so it is simply called 'New Castle' - was based in passing on Berwartstein Castle in Germany (at least the upper portion). In the end, I decided it was too square and way too big - 5,700 pieces without a base. On the upside, it featured a lot of interior details - a full chapel (with Christ in effigy on the cross), a physicians room, wizard's room, kitchen, King's room, servant's room, and council chambers (at the top of the tower). If I ever win the lottery, it would make a nice opposing castle for Blackwail, but otherwise, it's a dead project. :sceptic:

ITpMIjL.png

LYRZlxj.png

nQqDt5I.png

eb0jvHe.png

7Tia9GU.png

kWmhklH.png

lWPsFAA.png

jgaBiXw.png

The other castle I wanted to share was intended to be the corner piece of a 4-part fortified manor house (in order to keep the price down, I hoped to break a full castle into pieces - what a larf :P). However, it was a bit too derivative of another MOC I had seen (it's different, just not different enough)... though I felt like the exterior scenery was some of the best I have done. These are the Pacific Northwest trees I referenced in the Blackwail thread.

SABdLZJ.png

gUwaS4a.png

paepPqq.png

LXW75f4.png

mzcq5ba.jpg

yQsKp4i.png

2M227pW.jpg

Edited by ProvenceTristram

Great castles!  I especially like the last one.  The interiors are very well done.