Sign in to follow this  
mouseketeer

[MOC] Winter Village Whoville House & The Grinch!

I've been doing a lot of custom Winter Village MOCs over the past year, and this is my ninth! I wanted to try something a bit different, so I took my inspiration from a Christmas classic - How The Grinch Stole Christmas. The model includes the Grinch's DIY sleigh with overstuffed sack of presents (with credit to Peter Aoun for the method of attaching the 'antler'!), a Whoville House (with wiggly wavy architecture and crazy colourscheme that gave me a lot of headaches trying to get it to look right, haha - square bricks can certainly make the shapes needed tricky!), and a late addition that I have to thank the Eurobricks Xmas Raffle for (that thread gave me the idea to add this extra!) - a crooked 'Grinchmas Tree'. More photos (and photos of all my Winter Village sets) can be found on my Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/146006635@N03/albums

24468246928_400d52e2d9_c.jpgLEGO Winter Village Whoville & The Grinch by mouseketeer 111, on Flickr

24468245588_8511893e01_c.jpgLEGO Winter Village Whoville & The Grinch by mouseketeer 111, on Flickr 

Already bought the instructions for this one (Well already bought them all for the ones you sell hehe)

Looks awesome man! Can't wait with what you come up next with!

Thanks everyone!

2 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

Very nice!  You even found a way to get the "antler" on Max.  

I mentioned this in my first post, but want to be extra clear - that ingenious solution is by Peter Aoun https://flic.kr/ps/mw24R :) 

This is gorgeous and really fun! I don't know the source material but that doesn't matter; I love the colours and the organic feel to the house and trees. And I really like the enormous sleigh!

:laugh: This is great! It should be turned into an official Lego set (both the idea and your MOC)! Thumbs up!

Oh my goodness, this is amazing. How can I buy plans + components to build this with my boys? They are obsessed with Legos AND with the grinch