coaster

Type E Coupler for LEGO Trains

Hey @coaster,

Thank you for welcoming me to EB! Glad to hear that this project is still alive and breathing. True that there is only so much time in a day and you have a company to manage as well. Not to mention that BrickTracks is the only company that makes custom track pieces the way LEGO makes them, by molding them which I really appreciate!

Oh almost forgot, I don't mind that I would have to manually align these couplers, heck the railroads in our world also have to do that. Still, I am happy to hear this is not being abandoned. :laugh:

Good luck with your projects!

Gregory U.

2 hours ago, Worldwide_build said:

Hey @coaster,

Are there any updates regarding this coupler?

Cheers

Heh, no, I haven't had a chance to work on it at all.  Had some other projects occupying my time.

1 hour ago, Worldwide_build said:

Hey @coaster,

Are there any updates regarding this coupler?

Cheers

This is a very long term project for coaster. There won't be any updates for several months at least.

Hey there,

I wonder if this cool long-term project is still alive? Would be sad to see it cancelled as I've already designed a few things with this coupler in mind.

On 3/7/2018 at 12:32 AM, Jeffinslaw said:

This is a very long term project for coaster. There won't be any updates for several months at least.

Ah, I see... If I bother anyone I'll quit asking for updates. :)

Kind Regards

@Worldwide_build I'm afraid I've set this aside for now.  I wasn't happy with how it was turning out, and the switch track project and a few builds have been occupying all my time.  I've heard rumors also of someone working on an adapter for a simple Katy coupler.

On 7/8/2019 at 2:41 PM, Worldwide_build said:

Hey there,

I wonder if this cool long-term project is still alive? Would be sad to see it cancelled as I've already designed a few things with this coupler in mind.

Ah, I see... If I bother anyone I'll quit asking for updates. :)

Kind Regards

What builds do you have with this type of coupler in mind?  I previously posted, in this topic, how I use a Kadee O scale Knuckle coupler on my LEGO trains.  this may be a solution that would work for you.  The way I mount them, makes them essentially drop in replacements for the standard LEGO couplers.

Sal

WFB, WI

4 hours ago, legoboy3998 said:

What builds do you have with this type of coupler in mind?  I previously posted, in this topic, how I use a Kadee O scale Knuckle coupler on my LEGO trains.  this may be a solution that would work for you.  The way I mount them, makes them essentially drop in replacements for the standard LEGO couplers.

Sal

WFB, WI

Have you swapped any of their magnetic uncoupling couplers into lego?

It is sad that this project is dead. For all who are looking at alternates or reading about the Kadee couplers: There they are.
ACF-Hopper-02-scaled.jpg?resize=768,871&ssl=1

Edited by Pelzer117

7 hours ago, netlife said:

I have received some of the BMR couplers and they are excellent

I agree they look and fit well but I am having trouble with the couplers uncoupling due to height variation when climbing the grades on my layout. I find they statically match in height perfectly but when tractive effort is applied, one may tend to "droop" about one half the knuckle height; then climbing the hill, the trailing coupler drops below the pulling coupler at the transition back to flat. I know my transitions are not the smoothest so it's mostly my problem but I'm now trying the Studly Trains new magnets and find they are working great. So I'll probably sell the BMR Kadee's.

Dave

Hello Coaster,

Sorry to see you had to end the project for lack of time.  I'm new to LEGO trains and to the forum and I liked the ideas where this was headed.  My first was this winter, it was a Norwegian Dovregubben with 4 wagons.  I'm not great with CAM software just yet, but I have some CNC/Mold and 3d printing hardware I'd like to put to work.  I saw your initial design and was very impressed with the detail.  I'd love to pick up where you left off if that's something you'd be willing to pass on.

Let me know.

Jason