Esben Kolind

[MOC] Copenhagen suburban townhouse from the 50ies

My friend asked if I could build a LEGO model of his home. Or even better, if I could design it and his son could construct it. Challenge accepted.

He lives in a traditional townhouse from the 50ies in a surburb of Copenhagen. His family only lives in half of the building and since the other half is identical, I decided to only design half the building and then use a mirror when displaying the model. This also gives easy access to the interior.

37469261544_5c75a1e9f2_b.jpg

I also designed minifig versions of the family

38104150526_5a8bc31a44_b.jpg

The house has full interior, but except for the kitchen, I left it for my friend and his son to design the furniture

26382604899_1bc4f646be_b.jpg

38159335741_1ba2a92ac9_b.jpg

26382604739_577fe66e19_b.jpg

I completed the model and then took apart the walls and parts of the roof, terrace and paths for the son to build. Building it all from scratch would have been too complicated and time consuming for him.

37469261474_a1779de9fb_b.jpg

37478341294_d5257923c6_b.jpg

A few pictures of the house

36666900403_429c19e111_b.jpg

36627113574_1824003693_b.jpg

All pictures can be found in this Flickr album

A fun little build which turned out quite well. And the receiver was very happy!

I would love to hear your comments.

Esben

It looks really spot on. Down to the flower pots even!:wink: impressive work indeed. Thanks for sharing! :classic:

Well down. The house itself is a nice and simple design of a typical DK suburban home. The idea to desing it and pass it on to someone living in a house is great. I'm sure the children of the house were happy. Displaying the house with a mirror at the back is very clever, and also makes it look like a decorative object. What will happen to the house (at the house)? Do they plan to have it as a display or play object?

Great photo of your friend's son building the house and how all the parts were put in individual containers. Such a lovely thing to have done and it looks great and very much like the real house. Congrats!

12 hours ago, Redhead1982 said:

What will happen to the house (at the house)? Do they plan to have it as a display or play object?

It is now on display in their living room but I think (and hope) that they will play with it every once in a while. And my friend promised to update the model if they make changes to the house or plants :-)

thanks for the comments, everyone.

Esben

Edited by Esben Kolind

7 hours ago, Esben Kolind said:

And my friend promised to update the model if they make changes to the house or plants :-)

indeed, that becomes a mandatory task :D

I had the same with my apartment (cf signature), update the MOC after each real-life change. Now I moved so I have to redo the whole thing.

That's also why I like to see such kind of MOCs when others do it :)

Edited by antp

Superb work recreating such a true-to-life version of that townhouse. That is something really special you've done and the father and son building together is a wonderful moment. What a great MOC, present and story. 

Nice build and great idea. You executed it really well including all the details. I am planning on doing the same with our new to be build house. I can only hope it will look as good as yours.