Vincent Q

[MOC] Once upon a times when master Wu was young...

On ‎19‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:46 PM, Legogal said:

All I can say is "DITTO!" Wow! The design is simple yet complicated. This reminds me so much of Xi'an with its phenomenal gardens. Living in a place like this seems like a Big Dream. Time slows down when entering a special place like the one you built. Walking the paths to and through the gate in anticipation of what lies beyond. The lovely, minimal plants with well placed rocks and hovering trees. The wooden walkways guiding you through the enclosure overlooking ponds of koi and water plants. You have created an amazing atmospheric calm that causes your blood pressure to go down. A masterpiece! 

I am so happy when i am reading your comments. You really get what i want to show in this MOC. Thank you. Cheers!

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:18 PM, rahziel said:

This is really an awesome creation, I gotta be honest at first, the roof and upper windows it seemed to me an Asian Simpsons house, hehe, the scenery is beautiful, I love all the detail, that lake, and your roof technic, your fingers were through some pain no?! :D
Congrats you made a piece of art!

Thank you! Yes took me some times to fill in all the 1x1 round tiles on the roof. It's really pain xp. I call it passion. haha!

On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:42 AM, jamesn said:

Wow! Beautiful in proportion, texture, etc. I love the moon gates, despite how simple they of course are. The contrast of studs and the 1x1 round tiles on edge in the roof is clever yet pleasing, and al blends into one and deceives the eye about the enormous scale of your MOC.

How did you construct the screen doors? And forgive my ignorance - but where do those decorative bricks in the stripe around the outside of the house come from?

Great job, Vincent Q! :thumbup:

Thank you! The screen door i used the grill parts from Ninjago city to build it. I build it from the side way instead of standard Lego building method(from down to up). The decorative bricks are from the Batman batcave set.

On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:18 AM, beverly888 said:

Your photographic skills truly enhance your beautiful build.  Love how you used real life as the background for the photos.

:classic: Beverly

Thanks! I am so happy that you like the way i shoot the photos. It took about a week to make it. 

18 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

The roof and architectural elements really pulled me in ... I would love to see a step by step on your process for the roof.  

Thank you!

That is astonishing. Just the shear detail. The amazing volume of perfect parts dedicated to the cause. Everything about it is perfect. (Well okay Master Wu is actually a blonde like Lloyd, but the classic Asian bun works better for your story.)